PDA

View Full Version : help dragon wrasse!

charlesn
09-12-2008, 04:53 PM
help my dragon wrasse keeps staying under the sand i know it sleeps under the sand but hes been under there for about 2 days i poke him and he would swim around for a bit and then he would just go back any help would be appreciated thanks!

nahtanoj
09-12-2008, 05:20 PM
what size of tank do you have? what other tank mates are there? how long have you had the wrasse?

charlesn
09-12-2008, 05:35 PM
i have a 65g. i have 2 clowns and a damsel fish. i've had the wrasse for about 2 months

nahtanoj
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
hmm, has it been eating well? are there plenty of hiding places in live rock? notice any of the fish picking on him? any lesions, spots, damaged fins?
wrasses can be pretty finicky and easily stressed. if they don't have good hiding places they'll just bury themselves. you might try feeding some live food, brine shrimp, to entice him into action, and eating if he hasn't been.

Jessy
09-13-2008, 07:44 AM
From my understanding dragon wrasses like it under the rocks and in holes. There is a reason some people refer to them as the rock movers, they have a tendency to really wreak havoc on your rock work by digging holes in the sand and moving small rocks by pushing them.

QUIT POKING YOUR FISH. If its hiding he's probably stressed and a poke from "god" isn't going to help him out.