PDA

View Full Version : Its all dead..... well most of it anyway

Dechaine249
09-07-2008, 06:12 AM
I learned my lesson... dont rush MH....
i fried my tank =(
only things still alive are fish, zoas, button polyps, kenyas, and feather dusters.
my MH successfully fried my hammer, gsp, xenia, and rics
now i know what you are thinking
"it fried the LPS? It wasnt the MH that killed your tank bro"
but it was.....
if i could get a few bits of encouragement and maybe an idea or two i would love it
im currently in the market for gsp frags, salt, and as always, cheap LR
im just running the tank with PCs now, and when i have everything going again ill start the tank on partial MH.... SLOWLY

Shells
09-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Dylan,

When you put the MH on I would recommend you go to Home Depot, lowes, ace .... and buy some screen for a window material. You can cut this into 4 or 5 or even more square sections that cover your MH reflector, (depending on how many watts of pc you have on now). You would place all 5 sheets of screen under your reflector. Then after having all 5 on for one week, you pull off one sheet of screen. After one week of only have 4 on, you pull off another one and so on and so forth until you only down to the reflector. This will slowly acclemate your corals to the new light and not fry them.

If you have any questions or I am not making sense just let me know. I am sorry about your loss.

Shells

Redeye
09-07-2008, 06:54 AM
I just give the corals 2 hrs of MH for acouple days, then slowly bump it up an hour ever other day
works great when I had to reacclimate the whole tank to MH

dese
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I just give the corals 2 hrs of MH for acouple days, then slowly bump it up an hour ever other day
works great when I had to reacclimate the whole tank to MH

I agree i did the same with my 400 w mh....