PDA

View Full Version : hanging pendant

kalosbios
08-08-2008, 01:07 AM
hello all,

I've never really posted on a forum before, so I hope this goes. . . . I have been looking for a product or method of hanging a Lumenmax 3 pendant (250 watt run with a galaxy ballast) from the back of the stand or a clean looking wall mount. Anybody have experience with this? I really don't want to mount it to the ceiling, but want the top open for better heat dissipation. It is going over a 24" cube. Also, any suggestions on how high this needs to be off the surface of the water (bottom of the fixture to the water surface)?

Jessy
08-08-2008, 01:36 AM
http://www.sdmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443
Here you go. I wrote up a DIY all about how to make exactly what you are looking for.

hello all,

I've never really posted on a forum before, so I hope this goes. . . . I have been looking for a product or method of hanging a Lumenmax 3 pendant (250 watt run with a galaxy ballast) from the back of the stand or a clean looking wall mount. Anybody have experience with this? I really don't want to mount it to the ceiling, but want the top open for better heat dissipation. It is going over a 24" cube. Also, any suggestions on how high this needs to be off the surface of the water (bottom of the fixture to the water surface)?

kalosbios
08-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Wow. . . Thanks JessyCat77! Your mood may be "sad", but you made my day. ;) Thank you for a great idea.

KorL
08-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Contact MadMax, he's a site sponser. Ask him if he still has the Zeroedge Lamp Tree SLB10 (light hanging bracket) for sale. I was about to buy it from him about a month ago but the hanging bracket was too small for my application. This particular model is made to hang a single pendant. Just what you're looking for, right?

http://tinyurl.com/5dfdug

Jessy
08-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow. . . Thanks JessyCat77! Your mood may be "sad", but you made my day. ;) Thank you for a great idea.

no worries when you get it done I want pics!!