PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Sam Maghsoodloo
07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
A lot of people on this site take amazing pictures that we take for granted. Seeing as how we're all pic addicts, i think they should be utilized more on site somehow. Reefslides on reefcentral is an example, but i've got an idea for something a bit more competative :).
We should have some sort of monthly or weekly picture contest. Here are some ideas for the details:

-each contest has a theme, or a specific type of animal (ie. angelfish, or frogspawn, or actinic shots, or fuge shots, or shrimp, etc....)
-pics should have a size limit (640x480 would be good so it's not overly huge)
-There would be a submission period after which the voting is done. We could either pick our favorite pic submitted (if the forum software allows), or the admins can pick 4 or 5 good ones and we can vote on them.
-Winner can get bragging rights, or the picture somewhere on the sdreefs homepage, or one of the sponsors can sponsor the contests and give out a prize or something.
-Details could be ironed out, but either way, a running picture contest would give us all a lot of good pics to scroll through all the time, and isn't that what we're here for most of the time anyways? ;) :D

OceanBeach1502
07-31-2008, 08:14 PM
I think this is a pretty cool idea!

vicfish
08-01-2008, 08:33 AM
+1 on that one... yet being that my skill as a photographer are not that great ill be awfully jealous :mad:...

Technoviking
08-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Matt had one set up, he was even going to make a calendar with all the winners. Not sure what happened though.

Fish n' Frags
08-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Still happening, i'm just a month behind. Got wrapped up in the business. But i will make sure it get started up again shortly. There will still be a calander at the end of the year for all the winners.

Technoviking
08-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Niccccccce.

Sam Maghsoodloo
08-01-2008, 01:43 PM
awesome

seahorse_man
08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Great Idea:eek: