PDA

View Full Version : So, there I was...

SDMike
03-10-2004, 10:18 AM
...talking to my friend Troy... He says that Harbor Freight has hole saw kits for cheap. Off to Google, search the Harbor Freight site, then off to the store in Escondido/San Marcos.

I'm like a kid in a candy store!

I found some 3-prong timers that run 2 lamps for $5.99/ea and GFI outlets that are on sale on the website for $4.99.

Not to mention some 16" hemostats, and saw blades, and a pair of mini (mini!) powerheads for $5, and...

For those of y'all in the south, I hear there's a Harbor Freight in El Cajon too.

Mike

brahm
03-10-2004, 10:41 AM
yea and for those of you who work on cars also, Harbour frieght has These AWSOME. jacks they are huge lift your car up like 3 feet for about a 100 bucks, super sturdy to.

SDRotary
03-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by SDMike
[BFor those of y'all in the south, I hear there's a Harbor Freight in El Cajon too.

Mike [/B]

It is on Main street, from 8e get off on 2nd street, go a mile or so south (right) and turn right onto main. Go 1 mile more and look to your right. All kinds of odd things for diyers.

nalbar
03-10-2004, 01:08 PM
great place, i been to the one in escondido many times. nobody beats their prices. BUT....

all their stuff is made by 10 year old chinese kids while some dood cracks a whip over their backs. sok though, they probably make a dollar a day! that is if they make their quota.

ain't capitalism great!

nalbar

SDMike
03-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by nalbar
great place, i been to the one in escondido many times. nobody beats their prices. BUT....

all their stuff is made by 10 year old chinese kids while some dood cracks a whip over their backs. sok though, they probably make a dollar a day! that is if they make their quota.

ain't capitalism great!

nalbar

That used to happen here too. Child labor was important till the late 1800s, not to mention there was slavery in the South.

Its a cyclical thing. China's going to prosper, then go thru the same thing that both western Europe and the US have. I'm betting India is next in the barrel.

Mike

brahm
03-10-2004, 05:44 PM
kids are always to happy make em work.

SanDiegoReefs
03-11-2004, 12:24 AM
There was slavery in the South? Since when?

=]

-moore

nalbar
03-11-2004, 08:10 AM
hmmmm, comparisons between 19th century morality and 21st century morality.

how enlightened!

nalbar

SDMike
03-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by nalbar
hmmmm, comparisons between 19th century morality and 21st century morality.

how enlightened!

nalbar

Depends on where in the world you are! We here in the industrialized west have different ideas re: morality than the third world/developing countries.

Survival first, THEN morality.

If it means sending the kids off to work so the family can eat, guess what? The kids are off to work!

China's the country that female babies are (were?) still being killed 'cause they're a burden on the household. That tells you something right there about morality.

I don't agree with it, but I can see the necessity until the country bootstraps itself to a point where there's a strong middle class. Once that happens, things'll change.

Mike