PDA

View Full Version : HELP: how to stop someone from text msg me

Flamehawk
06-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Just want to see if anyone can help me come up with other idea(s) of making someone msg me on my cell. I am currently with Tmobil.

this guy is someone I known back in college days. He was within the circle of friends. Something happened in his life or other reason unknown to me he start getting into religious thingy (bible study.....whatever he is into).

anyway, used to just get his msg 2-3 times a year, like happy easter, merry x-mas type msg. I was ok with that...but starting this year, once every month, 3 msg each time of religious quotes. now that's over the line as far as I concern. I called him many times, left many voice msgs. No use,... he don't answer his phone(at least not when I call him), don't stop msging....so I have one of friend that also known him text him tell him to stop....but that friend end up getting religious quote text msg soon after his first text to him...according to my friend he text him back and finally the guy remember who my friend is and agree to stop text him, and talk to him normally without all these "god this and that type talk" (sorry if I offend any religious people here). But my friend told me, this guy says "who is George".

just got 4 more msg today 2 july 4th get together with church people, 1 basketball game meet up, and 1 more religious quote. So I end up calling, paging, voice msged him many times and text him from my phone mention my other friend who he also know that text him the other day..... hope he will stop this time or at least go back to the happy easter and merry x-mas msg.

I even creat a contact on my msg messenger and text him again and for future text msg to him.

I even register my number on donotcall.gov, but I don't think this will stop him. I send email to the website and see if I can complain about this kind issues.

I can't understand why phone company don't give user the option to not receive any msg at all. Apparently tmobil user can setup a email filter, but that's only good for text send through internet by email or whatever, but not text msg send by/from cell phones. I think is like 12 cents per msg send/receive. Might not seem much, but adds up. Money I can spend some where else.

Not sure what kind option I have left, besides go knock on his door (assume he hasn't moved and is at home when I go there).

any bright ideas?

sorry had to vent.... nothing against religion here...I have plenty chuch going friends, but they don't force their belief on me and we get along fine.

hopefully I don't have to result in changing phone number

RussM
06-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Try this:

To block text messages from an unwanted number, perform the following steps:
1. Go to My T-Mobile and log in. For more information, go to How Do I Log In to My T-Mobile?
2. Select COMMUNICATION TOOLS.
3. Under RESOURCES, on the right-hand side of the page, select Create email filters.
4. Select CREATE FILTER. A Create/Edit a new filter form will become available here.
NOTE: If either radio button is set to yes, Customer Care will not be able to reset your My T-Mobile password should it be lost.
5. Depending on what needs to be filtered, select the appropriate items from the drop-down menus and type the information.
* To block a specific address use the From field.
* To block a specific topic use Subject.

Flamehawk
06-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks RussM. I try that already. I don't really know which provider he is with.

At From field in the text msg, only have "+1619xxxxxxx". So I created the filter many weeks ago telling it when the from field contain +1619xxxxxxx don't fwd to the cell phone.

aparently my first filter I set many weeks ago didn't work, so today I add 3 other filers ....if the from field contain just the phone number without area code, area code with phone number, 1 area code phone number .... don't fwd to cell phone.

I don't think that will work though, I was told it only work with msg send by email, not msg send by cell phone and there is no way they can block it.

I think is just rediculous. I should have the ability to block certain number from sending me msg, or at least refuse all incoming msg all together doesn't matter if is send from a computer or a phone.

Nick_Kun
06-29-2008, 05:43 AM
why don't you just call or text the guy to stop!

- Nick

lth03
06-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Tell him you are not interest in religion discussion and ask him stop it,if he still do it,tell him you are annoying and left a strong message that he is violate your privacy and confront him in front every one else next time you meet up.

BigAir
06-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Go over and smash his thumbs w/ a hammer.:hideeyes:

mazilla
06-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Go over and smash his thumbs w/ a hammer.:hideeyes:

I like that, simple yet effective. :D

OceanBeach1502
06-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Tell him you are going to sue his ass for harassment!

malakaikingston
06-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I like that, simple yet effective. :D

While you are there piss on his bible so he gets the point, the thumb smashing may get lost in some allegorical meaning to him.

Flamehawk
06-29-2008, 02:23 PM
hahaha ... I hope I don't have to result in extreme ways of getting msg across.

In the past 2 days I already called him, text him, paged him, left voice msgs and have one of my friend text him too...so we will see.

for now, this time I am going to call him, page him, leave a msg..text him at least once a day. So hopefully he gets annoyed enough to call me back and tell me he will stop.