PDA

View Full Version : Grappling tourney in Chula Vista

supaboy1981
06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
SOOOOOOO......... I am in a submission grappling tournament this Saturday. If your into that kind of stuff or would like to see real submission grappling up close then come out and take a peek. The tournament starts at 11 am and will probably go all day.

The address is 825 Kuhn Dr suite 100
Chula Vista CA 91914

Myself and a few of the guys that I train with are entering and probably will do pretty well.

So if your interested it could be a fun thing, and its free.

Thanks

-J

aanntthhoonnyy
06-27-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm always down to watch people bend **** in ways it isn't supposed to be bent.

jhAWK21
06-27-2008, 07:03 AM
I definately want to check this out. I've been trying to figure out how to get into sometype of wrestling tournament. I'm asuming its too late to enter for tomorow, but I'll definately come by to to try and get some info....
Good luck. Hope you get a fish!!!
jhAWk

AToji89
06-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Cool! Sounds like you are going to Farfan Training Canter. My son was in the very first Smoker at the Lake Tourney a few years ago...Good times there! Choke someone out!:D

slowturtle
06-27-2008, 08:47 AM
grappling is the only way.

xxrider6xx
06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
i've been training BJJ... wish i didn't have work, i would join and tap some fo0oz out!! lol jk. good luck...
try the flying armBar

jhAWK21
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
BTW... What happened? Howed you do in the tourny?

supaboy1981
07-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I forgot I even posted this haha.

I entered the 185 division and weighed at 179, wish I would have known so I could have cut to 170.

Any how I took third in a division with about 30 people.

I won 3 out of 4 matches via armbar submission.

the match that would have gotten me first was stopped cause my ankle popped and the ref wouldn't allow me to continue, no I didn't tap and no I didn't get beat in points.

I was excaping a straight ankle lock and when I pulled out of it my ankle gave a bit so they stopped it.

Funny thing is they let me have another match for third place and I finished that guy off with another armbar.

thanks

xxrider6xx - was actually setting people up for it cause I throw them all the time in the gym

supaboy1981
07-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I definately want to check this out. I've been trying to figure out how to get into sometype of wrestling tournament. I'm asuming its too late to enter for tomorow, but I'll definately come by to to try and get some info....
Good luck. Hope you get a fish!!!
jhAWk

I didnt enter until the day off the tourney