PDA

View Full Version : efflo soli?

EyeReef
03-09-2004, 10:29 PM
what you guys think of this coral. Need a little help iding it also. Its currently green, but im hoping it will color up blue in my tank. Might pick it up on thurs:D

[G]h0s']['
03-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Itz an efflo, Mike. It's the same one I'm picking up tomorrow at Tong's. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Just kidding. I hope it does well for you. How much was it?

EyeReef
03-09-2004, 11:40 PM
lol u got me going for a sec there...180..what you think mel? got ur approval?

[G]h0s']['
03-09-2004, 11:58 PM
180 bucks, huh? Thatz pretty up there, but hey...itz green right? So long it ain't one of those ugly brown ones. Yeah, Mike, I like your light set up, I wouldn't doubt that it will color up in your tank. Infact, they way your tort colony is colored up, I think that efflo is gonna be happy. Anyhow, I haven't seen many green efflorescence out there...that green color might be kinda cool. I'm assuming that it is a mint/bluish green. LMK if you see any deep purple with green polyps up there. Plus, I too am looking for solitaryensis colonies.

EyeReef
03-10-2004, 12:03 AM
yea its pretty steep, i had my eye on that 500 dollar one that anthony was tryin to get rid off, but i doubt i will ever find one at a decent price. Im hoping this baby will color up in my tank. Wishful thinking but you'll never know.
hows the monti doing in your tank? Im sure i gave it a good home:)

[G]h0s']['
03-10-2004, 12:09 AM
so far so good. I might want to experiment and put it lower to midlevel. That plate you got me might grow to hog some light from the zoos and rics below. I'll keep ya posted on how itz doing. Are you going up to tongs tomorrow? What else did they have since that efflo is spoken for? Did they have any A. Nobilis, A. Alborensis, or A. formosa? Looking for teal/blue colors for now. I can compliment pinks with stylopora and seratiaporas in this tank.

EyeReef
03-10-2004, 12:13 AM
http://www.reefermadness.us/RMD03090028.htm
this baby is all urs mel. it was this or the efflo..but i dont see efflo on that market that often so im goign with that..but how much tealer can you get?

[G]h0s']['
03-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Heh heh...all good, Mike. I just fear that I won't do that samoensis any justice. It's very teal...and I saw one in person recently in Irvine, but I believe it was an A. Humilis of the exact same color. I noticed RTN at the bases...since I cant see this large colony in person, I cant really see the base. I do notice some white coloration down there, but that just might be slight bleaching...kinda common on that type of sps IMO. I'll probably still be looking for the above stag corals or maybe an A. soli.