PDA

View Full Version : Chemi Pure Elite

Chanas4
06-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Anybody use this? What was your experience?

Delphin22
06-16-2008, 03:05 PM
This noobs been using it for a few months now.
A few people recommended chemi pure I went with the elite to get the
"...ferric oxide to also remove phosphates and silicates"
I just put 2 bags in my sump for my 90 tall . Some use 3 bags for a 90. Rotate them in and out one by one every 4-6 months.
Hard to tell exactly whats doing what, but seems to keep the water clearer, and my bubble algae started to die off too.
Physical, Biological, chemical filtration, this is my only chemical filtration.
Hard to quantify the "sparkling water" effect but seems to work for me.
I'll keep using it. Like to hear others input.
Some say rinse it out after a few months then put it back in. Any one else do this.

ricenoodle
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM
had one bag in my 34 gal for 1 month now. lowered my nitrates by 15 ppm since putting it in. other than that, all my levels remain stable.

iwantone
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
working great for me. I was getting a little red algae. Seems to have done a nice job

vinny73
12-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Ihave been using this for the last 3 weeks and have noticed a positive difference!

Hybrid
03-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I just began using it again after not running carbon for quite some time. I had forgotten the polishing effect it had on my water. Works great...

Blaze
03-01-2009, 03:11 PM
im going to buy some now.

amcc
03-04-2009, 01:58 AM
I've used ChemiPure in the elite version for one year.
I was almost satsified, but now I switched to a product that eliminates phospate and silicate also but it is only half the price :)

LotsaFishies
03-04-2009, 07:03 AM
I've used it off and on over couple of years between several different tanks... couple tanks I almost immediatly saw a noticeable difference - cyano died off, water clearer, things healthier looking etc. Other times other tanks could't tell it did a thing...

sonnybihis
03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
i use chemi pure and i love what it does for me...so i can only imagine that chemi pure elite is way better.

HandyCaptPuffer
04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
What are you using amcc?

You left it unknown

Is this your secret potion?

amcc
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
sorry for answering so late; didn't see your post.
No, it's not my secret :lol:
But its manufactured by a german company which are usually specialiced in chemical cleaning of house water equipment and I think they don't sell their stuff to U.S.
They don't have an english site, but if you are a little bit familiar with german (they didn't translate all pages into english) look here: filtergranulat (http://www.filtergranulat.de) and look for "Diakat B".