PDA

View Full Version : One of my Citron's & lil' Feather duster's

reefsoul
01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
this is one of my green citron clown gobies. + one of MANY feather dusters in my tank...

reefsoul
01-18-2005, 03:11 PM

SDRotary
01-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Love the goby and as usual excellent pics! How much to shoot my tank up? ha ha

REEFWAVE
01-19-2005, 01:06 AM
awsome pics, especially the feather duster...

reefsoul
01-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by SDRotary
Love the goby and as usual excellent pics! How much to shoot my tank up? ha ha

Depends if you wanted them printed up or just on disc. But i was considering $50 /a disc. Which is about 70 images. (Ron suggested i go for $100/a disc., but i think perhaps that's asking a bit much.) But w/ prints, i'd have to take into consideration the cost of photo paper + ink costs. ya know?

reefsoul
01-19-2005, 10:32 PM
here's a closer shot of my lil' citron...

MarLooney
01-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by reefsoul
Depends if you wanted them printed up or just on disc. But i was considering $50 /a disc. Which is about 70 images. (Ron suggested i go for $100/a disc., but i think perhaps that's asking a bit much.) But w/ prints, i'd have to take into consideration the cost of photo paper + ink costs. ya know?

you're on crack. so for the cost of what can fit on one memory card they can go and buy their own camera. sorry, but that just seems like a bit much. i think acoustic said he'd take the pics for free... but wouldn't mind if you bought him a 6-pak or something :D.

reefsoul
01-21-2005, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by MarLooney
you're on crack. so for the cost of what can fit on one memory card they can go and buy their own camera. sorry, but that just seems like a bit much. i think acoustic said he'd take the pics for free... but wouldn't mind if you bought him a 6-pak or something :D.

well hey....no one said anything bout drinks...;o) hell, i'm always dwn w/ that. --frags too, of course. no one really ever has to twist my arm...ya know.

BrookR1
01-21-2005, 07:30 AM
You could easily sell your skills to retailers for their web sites and could easily get $5 per picture. You should at least be able to make just as much as those overpriced wedding photographers.

BrookR1
01-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Oh yeah...do you have Photoshop? You could take out those specks of algae (or pods?) on the glass and it would look much nicer...not that you're looking for feedback or anything. :)

reefsoul
01-21-2005, 08:05 PM
lol...yeah, i got Photoshop CS 8.0 & ImageReady...as well as Macromedia Studio MX 04 (Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Freehand) and a bunch of other stuff too...

BrookR1
01-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Seriously, it wouldn't hurt to send out samples of your best work to online retailers and just see how they react. What if you landed a contract job with a place like DrsFosterandSmith. I'm not saying you'll get rich...I don't know of too many rich photographers...but your skills are beyond what they need...which will make it easy for you. Unfortunately, they turn the web developers into cheap photographers. Your main selling point would be "quality leads to more business"....people that see stunning images of fish are more likely to purchase from you than retailers that have bad images of fish.

Sorry for the whole marketing pitch. :)