PDA

View Full Version : perculus skin disorder W/pictures

reeferdaze
06-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi my name is Chris, I am worried about my clown fish it was healthy when I bought it and when it was in my tank. I started to notice the skin problems after introducing a green tipped torch coral which the cown immediatly started hosting in. At first, the symptoms were raised grey blotches behind the pectoral fins on either side. Since then, the grey apendages have seemed to pop revealing the pink raw skin areas underneath. Upon closer inspection, areas around the raw skin are discolored to what appears to be beneath the skin. Thanks for your help I appreciate it immensly.

-Chris W

I have pictures but do not know how to upload them to the forum so either send some computer tech advice or I would be more than willing to email them to anyone who thinks they can help either reply or email me at

Sharonwyat@hotmail.com

TasteOfIrene
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
You can host them at photobucket.com

reeferdaze
06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I feel like the torch coral could be burning him does this idea make sense to anyone?

BigAir
06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
The torch will sting it at first, but that should turn to black spots on the fish. Grey spots/blistering that are now revealing pink skin sound like an infection of some sort.

Host the pics at photobucket.com, and copy/paste the .IMG link to your post. The pics should auto pop up.