PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Watchman Goby

Lic3nc3ToKlLL
05-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Ok so I just bought a yellow watchman goby three days ago to be exact. Goby was doing great no problems breathing or anything seemed to have liked my aragonite because he kept chowing down every few minutes lol. But here's my issue.....When I first got him into the tank after about three hours I looked everywhere and couldn't find him (keep in mind this is a nano, think of it as an aquapod type set-up just a different name) anywhoo, I found him in one of the reservoirs because it was my last guess. So I took him out put him back in the tank, the very next morning he disappeared again! This time he was playing mind games so I trapped off the top with a net for the time being and I checked the bottom to see if he could slip through anything and couldn't find a result so I just got back from work and he ended up in the same exact place! I don't know what's going on or why the hell he loves being in the dark, but someone please tell me what I should do for this little guy!!!! He's driving me nuts!

Redeye
05-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Did you get this one from JHai?:D
His did the same thing, multiple times

Direct Marine
05-18-2008, 08:19 AM
have you tried to place a screen where he flows over?

LarryM
05-18-2008, 08:21 AM
My watchman jumped into the overflow for months after I got it. It settled finally when it found a niche to dig a cave in. Gobies are jumpers and go over the wall when stressed. Time should settle yours

philv
05-18-2008, 08:49 AM
exact thing happened to me, got him a pistol shrimp to protect now all is well

Lic3nc3ToKlLL
05-18-2008, 07:35 PM
you guys are all very helpful and thanks for all the experiences you guys have had as well! I just finished doing the screen and I think that all will stay well for now especially now that he has really no where to jump to but "out of the tank" lol not hoping for that but I'm pretty sure everything will be ok from here on out I might get a shrimp, but the problem is I already have a fire shrimp in the tank so I don't know if the compatibility would be a positive outcome, but nonetheless I do appreciate all of your guys' input thanks a lot guys!

Fine Fins
05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
i have many shrimp with my pistol they all get out of the pistols way no deaths.

socalaly
05-18-2008, 08:11 PM
do you have a lot of low caves?? like good hiding places???? Somewhere to feel safe for the meantime.... or are you rocks built up like a mountain???

Lic3nc3ToKlLL
05-19-2008, 12:54 AM
well here's how it is temporarily set-up...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Lic3nc3ToKlLL/78.jpg

sandiegan
05-19-2008, 01:05 AM
He jumps because there's nothing to really hide under...if you want to keep the ywg then you need to provide suitable cover for him, otherwise the stress will eventually get to him.

socalaly
05-19-2008, 05:20 AM
hey I just came across this thread...look at the picture of the goby...this would most likely be ideal for him to hide.... http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41373

Dakota
05-19-2008, 11:24 PM
He should eventually find a nice burrow under the LR... if he has a pistol buddy, he should do the digging... Mine was always fine, and never jumped or got anywhere NEAR the top of the tank.

Lic3nc3ToKlLL
05-19-2008, 11:42 PM
you guys have been amazing help, he has found a little spot to hide in with the purple firefish and the firefish doesn't seem to mind him staying right next to him so for now all is very well I will add some more rocks on the bottom though, just for future times! I really appreciate your help guys!