PDA

View Full Version : blenny is dead

qtile
05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
So,after 1 year my lawnmower blenny is dead. Came home and the crabs are having a feast. I can reach him so should I take him out or let nature dispose of him?

sandiegan
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Get him out, it'll help keep water quality better.

qtile
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Just took him out. A land burial it is then. He wasn't showing any signs of stress. All the other fish look healthy. Definitely going to check all my parameters tonight.

Delphin22
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Bummer sorry to hear that.
Mine was emaciated (sp) supper thin not eating but finally started eating flakes and frozen food.
Now hes fat and happy again going on 7 months.
Oh Yeh hes usually the first one that seems to get pissed if the temperature or saliniity get out of wack.
His color changes to light gray or yellow/green ish instead of usuall dark mottled gray with nice blue spots.
Godzilla:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb258/Delphin25/CJsBdayDec2007147.jpg

99sf
05-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Delphin, nice photo of your LM blenny. He does look fat and happy! Gtile, sorry to hear about your blenny's death.

Direct Marine
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
how the rest of the tank? I hope its good :)

qtile
05-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Everything else is still going strong. No sign of stress in the fish or coral. The day before he died it was really hot and I don't have a chiller (yet). I forgot to turn the fan on the surface and the tank got to about 85. Add the salinity change when I do turn the fan on and based off of the info above that could of done it. Unfortunatly I was showing a friend my tank, trying to get him started in reefing and he is the one that spotted it. That kind of lowered his confidence level. My wife and kids reaction didn't help either.

Lcac_navy
05-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Wow Nice coloration on your blenny Delphin.
I hate it when I loose an inhabitant and yes the wife looses confidence and automatically wants to sell the whole aquarium.
I have to talk her down and all. Hope she does alright while I am gone for 2 months.
If she has a problem I might come home to no more aquarium the way she talks, lol.
So if she posts an aquarium for sale and it is in Linda Vista's Military Housing, Don't buy a darn thing. Haha!

So sorry to hear about your loss and you really should get him replaced, they are awesome fish to look at.

Delphin22
06-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Everything else is still going strong. The day before he died it was really hot and I don't have a chiller (yet). I forgot to turn the fan on the surface and the tank got to about 85. Add the salinity change
My wife and kids reaction didn't help either.

Yeh Its hard to explain to my daughters where the fish went when we loose one. My wife sometimes askes ...and how much did you pay for that fish.
I just added 2 4" fans to my stand which had no ventilation, it helps. And yeh my Blenny is sensitive to salinity and temp changes. Glad everything else is going well now. Hope we all survive the coming summer heat, going to be my first one.:eek:

LCAC_navy: make sure your wife can log on here and ask questions if she nees to while you are gone.

saltyca
06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
oh man, that stinks.. those things seem to have a death wish anyway.. but definitely get him outta there.

iwantone
06-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I have a lot of hermits so I would let them feast.

Circle of Life!