PDA

View Full Version : I need help

alittlesalty
05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
my Little Giant wont turn back on I rely on this for most of my flow....I am broke and desprite does anyone have anything the can lone or kick down

thanks/sorry

Levi

Redeye
05-14-2008, 07:49 PM
is it silent? or buzzing/clicking?

alittlesalty
05-14-2008, 07:53 PM
nothing just gets hot.....I drained the line took the impetter and post out cleaned them still nothing

Live Water Aquariums
05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
If it was just running you may be able to get it fired up again, there are a few tricks. Try oiling it, they have two holes on top that come with little yellow pegs in them. Get some machine oil (little bottle with a needle applicator for sewing machines, aquarium pumps etc.) and squeeze a few drops in. Try plugging it in and unplugging it over and over again, like every 5-25 seconds sometimes you'll hear it try to kick in suddenly. If that doesn't work, and you haven't taken it apart yet, take apart the white part and check the impeller, clean it and see if you can get it spinning, sometimes they lock up and you can get it to kick in. Finally make sure there is no air trapped in the lines sometimes this can make it seem like it won't work but if you get the air up it might start. Hopefully you can get it started and then just order a new impeller or replace the pump. I could help you with a loner but I'm Kinda far, so hopefully someone closer will chime in for you. Good luck.

Live Water Aquariums
05-14-2008, 07:59 PM
nothing just gets hot.....I drained the line took the impetter and post out cleaned them still nothing

In that case, you try a hammer? Just kidding.

alittlesalty
05-14-2008, 08:05 PM
I actually did give a few gental tapps but as the sweat beads began to form ant the flash of red came over me I decided I should put it away

Live Water Aquariums
05-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Thats too funny. Did you try plugging it in while open? See if you can spin the impellar while plugged in to get it spinning, probably not it sounds shot. But there's a chance, let it cool for a while first and try again. Otherwise, someones gotta bee in the area with a pump laying around.

alittlesalty
05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
.................damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nothing

nahtanoj
05-15-2008, 07:29 AM
do you need an internal or external pump?
i have a mag7 not in use at the moment.
jon