PDA

View Full Version : So a car crashed into my house....

mazilla
05-02-2008, 08:19 PM
At about 7:45 I stopped working on the new edlebrock carb I put on my cougar. I debated for a second if I should leave the car where it was, or pull it up into the driveway so we could fit the other cars in. I decide to move the car, and I head out to get a bite to eat dtermined to get back quick and finish up. I was feelin' like a change so I decided to try a little bbq place nearby for a to go plate. The service was slow due to them needing to cook one more item they were short on, so I had to wait. The service was a little slower than I would have liked, but I was cool with it and enjoying the break I got from all the projects I had worked on today.

Anywho, I come home to see 5 cop cars and an ambulance in front of my house. I also notice there is a new sedan in my driveway, the front driver side is smashed against the corner of the house and the back passenger wedged into the tree. I also noticed the car has come to rest 4 feet into where the side of the cougar was(with me under the hood) some 20 minutes earlier.

The house sustained minimal damage, the only real victim was my wet/dry filter which was completely smashed scattering bio-balls everywhere. The first thing the cops asked when I got there was "what the heck are those blue balls"? I chuckled and gave a brief explanation. On the bright side, I got some neato pics(although I could'nt find the real camera) and a video of the car being yanked out. It could have been worse, I could have been under the hood, or the car could have damaged my tank which sits just on the other side of the wall the car hit.

Next time you get upset about slow food service, just remember, it could save your life. ;)

supaboy1981
05-02-2008, 08:29 PM
any explanation of how the hell your house managed to get in the way of that car?

mazilla
05-02-2008, 08:32 PM
it seems my house was drunk.

LarryM
05-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow... Glad you took a break.

Reminds me when I was transfering to S Carolina many years ago. Stopped by wifes cousins house in route. We took them out to lunch and when we came back there were emergency vehicles all over. A car had decided to park in their living room (where we had been sitting) taking a path where our car was parked before we went to lunch.

Timing can be everything!

coral diver
05-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Maz wife said change your name to Lucky Mazilla

Diver Dan
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Geno's?
You are pretty lucky Maz!

mazilla
05-02-2008, 08:53 PM
izzy's

Diver Dan
05-02-2008, 08:55 PM
LOL
Geno's is the only BBQ place i know of in El Cajon, hopefully Izzy's was a little better!:D

mazilla
05-02-2008, 09:01 PM
izzy's is a diner on broadway and first(ish), they serve a lot of stuff, the bbq was actually pretty good. even though it took me 45 minutes to finally get to eating

Techknowledgy
05-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Glad you are okay! Wild story!

bluielover
05-02-2008, 09:09 PM
wow thats crazy. i didnt hear anything.lol. was he/she drunk or something?? had an full on assembly today about drunk driving. every 15min someone dies from drunk driving....

SuperDragon
05-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Holy shizzzam Maz, glad your alright... maybe I should have taken that wet/dry filter when you offered it!
Oh well... hope your cougar is ok, I know you spent tons of playdough on that thing.
Glad your moving.

FishBulb
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I spent an entire day once washing, polishing, and servicing my motorcycle. I finally put the cover on the bike and went inside for dinner. I got a call later that my bike was hit by a car. When I went outside there was a car parked on top of my motorcycle. Man, what if I had been behind it when this loony toon decided to go car bowling in the motorcycle parking lot. It is way too ridiculously easy to get a drivers license in this country. Way to easy.

FB

(619)jake
05-02-2008, 10:23 PM
crazy! people should stop tryn to jump that intersection in front of u house!! what did she do try to hit that corner too fast??

slowturtle
05-02-2008, 10:32 PM
lol i just got back from the Q, and we went to in n out to eat in mission. some idiot was trying to be cool racing on that tiny road next to the 8 and mission mall. he was sitting in his car with his car in the middle divider right after the light to turn into the underground parking LOL

MFR
05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
...err satan....;) lucky man , that is gnarly...

M

DBL TAP
05-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Yo Maz -- Its too bad you lost that BRAND NEW Wet Dry filter *wink* to the crash. I'm sure the Driver's Insurance or your Home Insurance will cover the cost of a BRAND NEW WET DRY FILTER. After all you had a price tag still on the filter.

Good luck bro

psmith444
05-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Wow!:eek: That's just crazy!
If you need any help dealing with your insurance in order to "maximize" ;) your benefits, let me know. I used to work for Farmer's Ins and now I have been dealing with them since I lost my house and everything else to boot. So I have learned some tricks and some things to do and not to do.:D

Redeye
05-03-2008, 06:58 AM
When I first moved to Sacramento, second day there, a trailer came unhitched from a Semi. Trailer had a backhoe on it, plowed completely through the house, you could see hte backhoe sticking out where the babys room was

Thank goodness the owner left to work early, and took the baby...

Redeye
05-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Wifey says you might have a hell of a time getting his insurance to cover the damages, since they were drunk, will probably just have to sue
Did the driver look like they could afford to fix your house?

mazilla
05-03-2008, 07:31 AM
It's not my house, it's a rental. My new house is down in bay terrraces, hopefully nobody has crashed into that one either...

Redeye
05-03-2008, 07:41 AM
thats what I'm trying to tell you...last night...I was drinking...
:D