PDA

View Full Version : Torch/some green mushrooms melt and lobo is turning from dark red to pinkish red

Sat Cong
04-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Ok, reef gurus, what is going on? A sign of tank crashing?

I haven't check my water parameters over a couple of months but do change water around 15-20% every week and dosing with 2-parts B-ionics every other day with some vita-reef as well. And I use scripps water....

I have 24AP and with cheatos and some LR rubbles in the back chamber along with filter floss in one side with a remora nano skimmer.

Livestocks consist of a pair of clowns, a pair of bangaii (yes, they will be gone to a bigger tank soon), a mandarin goby, and a rock beauty angel, and cleaner shrimp. And corals, I have frogspawn, a few sps frags, yellow leather, mushrooms, xenia, lobo, paly frag, a tennis ball size zoo rock. Inverts, I have flame scallop, clam, and RBTA.

Water has been crystal clear and running with chiller during the day time...Temp is around 78-80.

I know this is not enough infos for diagnose the case but any question and answer is much appreciated...

coral diver
04-29-2008, 09:36 AM
once a month water test is not enough the smaller water volume you have the more its frown to water chemistry change i suggest test the water first
SALINITY =
PH =
MAG =
CAL =
ALK =
IODINE =
NITRATE =
NITRITE =
FOR NOW then let us know the result for more profer diagnosis

sandiegan
04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Something made them very not happy- the lobo changing color is a sign of stress and the melting-well that's obvious enough. AT this point in time I usually just say do a waterchange about 25% and then add a little carbon just to be safe. How's your salinity? IME only time euphylia started giving me problems was when my salinity was off.