PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 7095 Controller

Clownaholic
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
While it is exclusively used with Tunze products this controller really is packed with features.

First, the ability to set a moonlight cycle is a nice feature. The newer models have a removable plug which should indicate some after market manufacturer will come up a strip moonlight to light larger tanks better than the "spot" led.

Second, the ability to choose multiple pump sequences is really cool. I like the sequential cycle. Previously I hadn't used it, because I didn't understand how it worked. Now that it has run several days... It brings one pump online at a time building turbulance like a tidal surge builds. Very natural ESPECIALLY in a tank like mine where I run four Tunze pumps. (this feature is similar to the Wavemaster by Red Sea when matched with maxijets.)

Third, the ability to dial in the surge rate/pulse rate of each pump. Also the strength of the min and max flow rates.

Other features that shouldn't go unmentioned, night mode "IF" you want a lower flow rate at night. I have never witnessed a lower flow rate at night in the ocean, less waves... never less flow. Also, it does have a feed button. Shut down for 10min so you can feed without the food going EVERYWHERE! I've tried feeding without hitting the button. The fish really work hard to get their food but a lot of the food gets missed, so now I use/hit the button.

All in all, I have had this pump setup for nearly two years. You get what you pay for. Tunze is expensive BUT worth every penny. The one problem I had, they sent me a whole new motor block for the pump. When I took it apart, I figured out what caused the alarm and fixed it. Called the rep, he said keep the motor block as a spare. GREAT customer service.

davocean
04-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I've been looking at this and the 7091.
I want to run just 2 6055's off of it, and trying to decide which would be better.
I know the 7091 needs a branch adapter, which bumps price a bit.
Do you need branch or Y adapter for this?

SDFISHMAN
04-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I had the 7091 with a single 6100 but now I have the 7095. The 7095 has lots of features the 7091 doesn't. I would get the 7095.

Clownaholic
04-22-2008, 06:09 AM
The 7095 can control up to 4 pumps without the branch adapter.