PDA

View Full Version : How about a Nano only section

alivin
04-04-2008, 07:05 AM
I would love to have a nano only section, where we can talk about nano related stuff. Sort of like reef-central has.

SDguy
04-04-2008, 07:15 AM
I hope you don't feel that you can't discuss nano topics in the regular forums (Reef Discussion, member Tanks, etc.)... :(

vinny73
04-04-2008, 07:35 AM
It would be cool to have a nano members tank section, nano diy section, and nano equipment section. With so many people that have small tanks, it would be cool. Can it happen please? My wife would totally love it since she has 3 nanos.

pako73
04-04-2008, 07:38 AM
I would agree...I log onto Nano-reef.com for info.

sonnybihis
04-04-2008, 07:39 AM
when compared to the volume of the ocean...everything's a nano...LOL. yeah i agree, i have all nanos (for now) and it would be cool to be able to go to one section instead of searching thru the whole forum...

alivin
04-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Of course I don't feel like I can't talk nano talk!!! I talk it all the time on here LOL. I was just thinking it would be cool for us fellow nano lovers to have a place of our own to ask questions. I know I always am looking for nano inspirational pics, fish and ideas. Thanks!!

SDguy
04-04-2008, 07:57 AM
We're really not keen on splitting the forums up too much, since you really then just end up with people visiting a couple forums, and the cross traffic is what really gets threads going and questions answered by various people with all kinds of experience.

If RC discovered that splitting forums too much doesn't work well with the amount of traffic they have, you can only imagine how it'd work here...

Sat Cong
04-04-2008, 08:09 AM
A nano section here would be great!

I would like to be a premium member here but since I only have a nano reef, I feel more at home on sdreefs if we have a nano-section. Nano-reef.com is the other site I visit often...Still not cater to local.

Sam Maghsoodloo
04-04-2008, 08:46 AM
i agree on keeping the sections in tact. I think the only time a forum needs to be split, is when it is really getting too many posts. I rarely read stuff in all of the sections, and i think it's cool to have a "general reef discussion" section where everyone learns and contributes about all sorts of stuff.

now lets all hold hands and sing... haha

SDguy
04-04-2008, 08:54 AM
A nano section here would be great!

I would like to be a premium member here but since I only have a nano reef, I feel more at home on sdreefs if we have a nano-section. Nano-reef.com is the other site I visit often...Still not cater to local.

Short of a new forum, what could we do to make you feel more comfortable?

FishBulb
04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I feel like too many sections is not a great idea. I like just visiting the Reef Discussion section and I typically try to respond to posts that aren't getting replies. If there are three or four discussion sections then there is now way people will check them all. I already dislike it when people discuss equipment theory in the "For Sale Equipment" section because that's really not where it belongs. Others won't go there to help someone with RO/DI questions for example because those questions belong in the Discussion forums. With RC, I can understand the need for the multiple sections since there are literally tens of thousands of users. Things move way to fast down the list and forums need to be broken up. Here though, you should rarely have to bump your post just once to get a reply. Just my opinion.

FB

Sat Cong
04-04-2008, 10:45 AM
I agree on many sections on a forum can be annoying...But how can we discount the nano folks???

Afterall, we are the future of reefin'...:rolleyes:...I am sure a few of us had started out that way in the beginning before a 300gal monster is on the way from Harold...;)

FishBulb
04-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't even know where the line is drawn for a nano. Is my 40g a nano? I did start with a 5g reef and loved it. The only thing I think that warrants it's own section for nano folks is a DIY section, since nano tanks can't house the typically available large equipment. But our DIY section is so barren anyways that we don't to parse it out. I love nano tanks and so would hate to see them leave the general discussion section.

Sat Cong
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Not to be off the subject and all but...Personally, I believe a nano is 24 gal or a tank you can put on a shelf or desk without the need for own's stand, how's that? ...Otherwise a 29gal can be close to a 40, 40 too close to 50, and so on....

But, hey, there is no discrimination here and anybody can call their tank "nano" if they like...Even Rudy's...:rolleyes:

SDguy
04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I already dislike it when people discuss equipment theory in the "For Sale Equipment" section because that's really not where it belongs. Others won't go there to help someone with RO/DI questions for example because those questions belong in the Discussion forums.

BTW everyone, if you see something like this, give a mod a heads up...we can move the relevent info over to an appropriate thread in the correct forum. We can move copies or move the original even, if it'll also help to clean up/keep on track, a for sale thread.

malakaikingston
04-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I would love to have a nano only section, where we can talk about nano related stuff. Sort of like reef-central has.

I vote yes!

alivin
04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow didn't know wanting a nano section would stir so much talk....I love it!!!