PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a stand.

aanntthhoonnyy
03-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I know this seems Like nonsense/kid stuff to you big leaguers but I would like to save some money and have the satisfaction of building my own stand.

Its a small project. a 20x20x21 cube tank. Anyone know of any diagrams I could use to build off of. I have a basic design that I will draw up once I get home from school but I'd like to know if anyone had any input.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Anthony

davocean
03-05-2008, 05:51 PM
There's lots of DIY plans and stand pics on RC DIY forum, I'd look there first.

Fine Fins
03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
what tools do you have I think you need what the people have quality tools with knowledge.

Fine Fins
03-05-2008, 06:10 PM
dave and his biscut dowl. Or a nice chop saw or air stapler can make a big difference. A nice table saw makes the job even nicer.

pumba619
03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
thats whats so cool about custom you dont need no stinking plans. you make the stand to what you want it to be if you want it 1 or 5ft of the ground how much border do you want. just draw what you think it should look like on paper and take it from there if you need some help hit me up i got some know how and plenty of tools.

fadel
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I know this seems Like nonsense/kid stuff to you big leaguers but I would like to save some money and have the satisfaction of building my own stand.

Its a small project. a 20x20x21 cube tank. Anyone know of any diagrams I could use to build off of. I have a basic design that I will draw up once I get home from school but I'd like to know if anyone had any input.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Anthony
bring the wood to my garage on my day off i make it for you for free
just bring lunch

tom619
03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
wow fadel's a nice guy. can you make mine too? =] im jk. we need more people like you.

hey anthony, u shoulda checked out my setup when you came over .. i didnt know. i have a small setup like you. it aint much but it may have given you some ideas. did everything myself before discovering SDR, but it meets up with most sdr's general suggestions too which still surprises me. the glass is eye-level cuz im sick of short tanks. let me know if u wanna stop by again

jerseyd43
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
now do we have to take you out to dinner or is this a bag lunch?
no seriously i really need help, i have great ambition but damn i can't make stands at all. i really don't even know what wood,stain,etc to buy. any help would be appreciated. thanks - shawn

Blaze
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
http://www.fishandtips.com/index.php

this place works really well i got the plans for my FW stand off of their site.

Blaze
03-06-2008, 05:03 PM
wood i used red wood and a water proof sealent that site thou tells you every thing you need to buy and rough cost. check it out

fadel
03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
no seriously i really need help, i have great ambition but damn i can't make stands at all. i really don't even know what wood,stain,etc to buy. any help would be appreciated. thanks - shawn
I HAVE SOME **** LAYING AROUND MAYBE YOU CAN USE

ANYWAYS IF YOU LIKE WE CAN DO IT FOR YOU ON SUNDAY
LET ME KNOW

jerseyd43
03-06-2008, 08:56 PM
that would be awesome, pm me your number and i'll give you a call. thank you so much.

j_electric
03-06-2008, 09:12 PM

Shawn if you need help we can talk about it this weekend I used to make cabenits also and am in the process of making my new stand