PDA

View Full Version : 125 Gallon Acrylic, Stand, Hood & School of Piranhas (7) & other tanks ...

mojoreason
12-10-2004, 10:24 PM
125 Gallon Acrylic, Stand, Hood & School of Piranhas (7) & other tanks ...

Checking the waters to see if someone might be interested in my 125 set-up complete with a school of 7 piranhas - - no pump . . . have flourescents . . . wet/dry sump . . . $450.

Also have two small 5 gallon mini-bows - - $15 each ... and also one 55 gallon set-up - - glass aquarium with a stand & home-made/custom hood (picked up tank & hood here from David in La Mesa) $100 ...

EDIT - - Only 1 mini-bow left ...

fier138
12-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Where did you get the piranhas?

mojoreason
12-11-2004, 08:45 AM
The Amazon.

Seriously -- they are cool but I'm not really into feeding live stuff to things ... these guys school bigtime & go nutty after chicken, fish, etc.

Am also getting rid of a snake -- blech -- the only aggressive thing I want is that Big Mama gold banded maroon who bites the sh!t out of me ... oh, and my stinging corals!!

And so far as where to get them ... you can't find them here - - they are illegal ... but once you get some - - all of a sudden it's easier to find piranhas ...

JDubb
12-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Feed the piranhas chunks of beef heart, you can get big hearts at the asian markets for about $3. The hearts dont get messy, and will save you some money.

ricestudios
12-11-2004, 01:08 PM
im interested in the mini bows... any pictures?

dbrooks
12-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mojoreason
...Seriously -- they are cool but I'm not really into feeding live stuff to things ... these guys... go nutty after chicken...

You feed them live chickens?! - that's hard core.

mojoreason
12-11-2004, 05:35 PM
naw - - but they'll strip an entire mouse in less than 20 seconds - - and there's nothing left ... beef hearts, eh -- good idea ... i just want to get rid of the entire thing ...

alien4fish
12-12-2004, 08:17 AM
naw - - but they'll strip an entire mouse in less than 20 seconds - - and there's nothing left ... beef hearts, eh -- good idea ... i just want to get rid of the entire thing ... **** dude now thats way extrme:D i would like to see that, how the hell do you clean the tank without the lil buggers trying to eat your arm?

JDubb
12-12-2004, 09:14 AM
IME, piranhas are pretty shy fish, but I wouldnt put my arm in the tank with a open cut. They are really strong fish, who can take qurater sized chunks with one bite.

I really wish I hadnt converted my 180 over to salt water, I would love to buy those piranhas.

mojoreason
12-12-2004, 11:15 AM
They are VERY shy ... now that they are in my front living room they have opened up a lot ... I think they can see better than they were able to in the bedroom.

So far as cleaning the tank ... yeah ... it's nothing like the nervousness I face putting my hand into my reef tank to rearrange something the goddamn clown has moved knowing full-well that ***** is going to strike me -- REPEATEDLY!!

The piranhas are scared of you. When you put your hand in - - they freak out and start moving back and forth real fast ... which is funny - - cause when you toss about 30 fish in there -- they start the same swimming - - but it's more methodical.

Anyway -- I get nervous because if you have your hand in there cleaning ... and then they get used to you - - they'll start swimming all friendly-like by you ... and it only takes one of 'em to get froggy then they are all on your ass ... so - - when they start getting that fresh & lovey look in their eyes ... I either take my hand out or start chasing those *******s with my hand.

Someone I know who keeps piranhas told me - - "Just don't be a ***** and if they bite you, it makes for an interesting story you can tell forever ..."

One of 'em has part of his front lip missing because of the feeding the time before last -- once one bites something, they all want a piece of it ... kind of like kids ... hey, that's my toy!!

I'll see if I can find the Seven Samurai video with the boys munchin a mouse. It's gross. It's mean -- but you sick @#%$s will like it.

Oh - - my son named 'em the Seven Samurai ... his sister wanted dwarves ... but he said - - what do dwarves kill?

mojoreason
12-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Okay ... so the boy & his mother, co-conspirator she is, bid off of my Craigslist post and I bit ... turns out he's going to pay me for his fish to have them for Christmas ... and he humbled the hell out of me in emails -- asking me questions like, are these your fish ... is there anything keeping you from selling these ASAP ... grrr ... 8 year olds and their mothers ...

I still have the 55, stand & hood ... as well as one mini-bow.

alien4fish
12-13-2004, 04:34 PM
GREAT story dude, me and my son got a big kick out of "the 7 samaruai" name, great choice, if you had a 90 gal reef id be all over it ................but with that being said post up some pics of the tank stand etc.

SDRotary
12-13-2004, 10:57 PM
So Mojo is the P tank gone? I have a friend who would like it if its still available. LMK if it is or not.

colindoug3
12-14-2004, 01:43 AM
id sell it to rotaries friend over some 8 year old... that did seem kind of fishy though, didnt it? maybe its a cop ha.

SDRotary
12-14-2004, 06:42 PM
I will certiantly not tell anyone about the shoal of "PACU" that I get ;) . I will make sure he takes good care of them. He wants a reef but I want him to learn more on a big fw tank. Any pics if it is still available? Thanks

dbrooks
12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
EDIT - - Only 1 mini-bow left ...

Does the mini have a filter, lights, etc? Is is acceptable for a betta?

SDRotary
12-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Mojo, you there. My buddy is still interested unless its gone. Thanks

ninhsavestheday
12-15-2004, 01:16 PM
ill take the last mini bow~!

SDRotary
12-16-2004, 07:40 PM
PM box full Mojo.

mojoreason
12-16-2004, 11:02 PM
SORRY everyone ... life ... ugh! my father-in-law's brother died ... Christmas stuff ... chores ... ugh! i'm in and out now ... so, sorry for being a little flakey.

mailbox is cleaned.

J-Mo