PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

makubix
02-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Hi :)

EyeReef
02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
show us some equipment..refugium/lighting./sump area. Looks very clean. The person that have helped you guided you very well. Who is that person:rolleyes:

SanDiegoReefs
02-24-2004, 09:53 PM
LVreefer-

I was the one who helped him set it up... he kept asking me all these questions about my tank, and tried to copy my design. Every day, it was questions about the plumbing, lighting, sump/fuge, stand, everything!..

-moore

EyeReef
02-24-2004, 10:07 PM
lol i think it was the other way around

T. VO
02-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Great looking tank. I'm glad all my knowledge, counseling and guidance paid off. Welcome, you are now a member of the 29 Reefers Club. :cool:

Acoustic
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Welcome To The Forum!

Nice tank so far! Keep posting as it grows!

MarLooney
02-25-2004, 02:00 AM
looking good... what do you plan on keeping?

Mike N
02-25-2004, 07:07 PM
I should know the answer, but...

With what appears to be the overflow to the sump well below the water level how do you keep the water level that high?

If a valve is used to control the amount of overflow aren't you concerned that a increase in return volume or decrease in over flow will cause the main tank to overflow? I've been trying to solve this on my 40G and have only come up with having an open overflow at the desired water level, am I missing something?

Thanks

makubix
02-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Mike N.

Yea that was one of my many concerns when setting up this tank, I had PetKingdom drill the holes for me and the guy said something about how out the factory the holes are much higher and cuz of bulkhead size and their fittings, the holes he will be drilling for me will be lower than that of factory standards. Thats y when you go into pet stores that dill their own holes for their tanks have noticeably lower water lines. To solve this i bought from home depot a 45degress 1 1/4" coupling that fits into my 1"x1 1/4" fitting that fits into my 1" bulk head (hope thats not confusing). That in turns raised my water level a good 2-3 inches and i added a strainer that further raised the water level when pointed straight up perpindicular to the ground. With my return set on minimal flow, the drain doesnt make any noise and water is drained without overflowing. I can lower the water line in my display also by rotating the 45 degrees fitting so that it is more parallel to the ground, and oh yea, I do have a valve on my return line that I use to regulate water flow to avoid overflowing in my tank. You can see the valve im using above my skimmer. HTH. Oh yea thanks to all those who have help lighten the load while putting this project together, and esp LvReefer, he got me to start up a reef tank and pretty much walked me thru this. So later on when im broke cuz of reefing, and need money ill be coming for you as well.

makubix
03-02-2004, 11:57 AM
-xibukaM-

SanDiegoReefs
03-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Rose BTA!!!

I love it! This man is not afraid of those silly reefing "rules"!

I heard a rumor that there will be a Copperband Butterfly in this tank some day...

-moore

EyeReef
03-02-2004, 02:37 PM
lol moore,he wanted to keep it on the DL.His setup has been up for 1 year;)

makubix
03-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Moore, you are absolutely correct, that is a Rose BTA:p

SanDiegoReefs
03-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Dibs on the first clone!