PDA

View Full Version : New "High Poster" Forum?

Fishaholic
01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
that would be cool, a forum for users with over 1000 posts or similar.

AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT STONED POSTERS :crazy:

-Jerehmy

DaChrisDude
01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
But why?

Fishaholic
01-01-2008, 06:13 PM
well..... people with more posts have been around here for a while and know how all the drama is.

I guess you could almost call it a no bull forum?

Vayder1
01-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Hmm...... I've been on here for 2 yrs and don't have over 1000 posts, yet I see people here who post - jk, ygm, lol, etc. just to get their count up. Not everyone over 1000 posts has something intelligent to say, and not everyone under is a newb. If you are going to start a Veteran forum I would suggest you base it more on knowledge, experience, actual positive contributions etc. You'll figure it out if you do it. Most people know if they are experienced or not.

surferdave
01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Ever heard the expression:
"wise men speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something"?

I'm not saying that this expressly applies here, but number of posts is not relevant to time spent here, experience, or anything really important.

dbrooks
01-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I've been here for over three years...look at the number of posts. Has nothing to do with anything.

rhinochaser
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
youll end up getting people just making random posts or comments on every thread just to get theyre post count up, could get pretty annoying

Bogg
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
lol, j/k ygpm

Fishaholic
01-04-2008, 06:29 PM
whatever you don't get it guys. dont take me so serious :D

SolRo
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
+1 post

mazilla
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
i always thought the lurkers lived by "it's better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it."

coral diver
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I dont think its a good idea you dont have to be a Veteran to be a high Poster

alittlesalty
01-05-2008, 07:19 AM
are talking about the 3x5's with some wizard looking man sitting on an overgrown mushroom sitting near a sea of asrological wounder and enchantment......not to mention ultra blacklight reactant

Trickman2
01-05-2008, 10:19 AM
What about a Veteran's forum and it is done by time you joined instead of posts. Something like a 1 or 2 year requirement to post in that section.

coral diver
01-05-2008, 11:40 AM
How about a rating system for all member 7 years to 18 years old flags as a junior member and 2 or more years being active on the site be considered as senior member and the rating system will give other member on what kind of a member are you like if you helpull, good seller, flaker etc,etc. just my $0.02

Fishaholic
01-05-2008, 11:43 AM
thats a great idea, kinda like a e-bay rating

Trickman2
01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Like the sound of that, only issue I could see is how do we control fake ratings and people just being punks about ratings, The status symbols thing would be cool and very good. I would love to know when we are dealing with a kid, etc....http://www.3reef.com has a Karma system which is kinda cool.

coral diver
01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
first the admin must require applicant to put thier DOB and rating system only admin and mods can add it to a members rate members will report all good or bad reveu reguarding a member what you think to eliminate other member from manipulating members rating

acbaldwin
01-05-2008, 12:46 PM
On aquaticplantcentral they have a rating system that requires you enter the thread URL that relates to the feedback. No URL = no feedback.

Yolo
01-06-2008, 09:27 AM
(Just upping my post count)

Dakota
01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I think a forum for high posters is a bad idea. A post count means nothing in terms of history or maturity on this site as evidence by those who cause the problems. I'd be more inclined to have a forum for those whom have been here for over a year, rather than those who post a lot (since most of the time the posts aren't even reef related).

Fish n' Frags
01-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I think a forum for high posters is a bad idea. A post count means nothing in terms of history or maturity on this site as evidence by those who cause the problems. I'd be more inclined to have a forum for those whom have been here for over a year, rather than those who post a lot (since most of the time the posts aren't even reef related).

First of, I'm not picking a fight or stirring the pot, but i feel i have to reply to this.

Post count doesn't mean anything? I don't agree with you. When you say that most of the time the posts aren't reef related, i think thats a bad example. Why on earth does this site have a lounge forum for, or a shoutbox, or a sale forum for non reef related things, or any others i missed? Not everything here is reef related. I look at SDReefs as more of a community of people that i enjoy talking to and sometimes hanging out with that were introduced by reefing. Not just a place to get answers or ask questions. I enjoy coming on and just talking smack with other guys that do the same on a nightly bases. Does this increase our post count? Yes. Most of the time its not reef related, but what our post count is saying is that i'm "involved" in things that happen on this site more often than most. I can't talk about other members that were here before i joined, but i can say that since i joined there are only at most 10-15 guys that are involve in this site on a consistent basis.

Having a high post count doesn't necessarily mean that that person knows more about the hobby than someone else, but i think it does show that the person is more involved in the site than the others.

Again, i have to clarify that i'm not in anyway picking a fight, (i'm usually misunderstood), i'm simply stating my opinion.

Fishaholic
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
what our post count is saying is that i'm "involved" in things that happen on this site more often than most

thats exatcly why I think there should be a fourm, for people who are here more often than others

iVgOnMaD
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM
we should have one, great idea...

Dakota
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Having a high post count doesn't necessarily mean that that person knows more about the hobby than someone else,.

This is what I was pointing to.

but i think it does show that the person is more involved in the site than the others

generally true, yes. But I don't think a forum for high posters will do anything, more specifically ADD anything to the site/community.

Thanks for the post, as I probably came across a bit on the offensive, and I did not mean too... my experiences are unique, and as such, I garbled a bit. I aplogize.

Mr.Chewbacca
01-13-2008, 11:18 PM
u meen like a 1000 post club ?
well i got 604 post and 4 bucks ;)

Fishaholic
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
u meen like a 1000 post club ?
well i got 604 post and 4 bucks ;)

mabye I can sell you some of mine :D