PDA

View Full Version : Technoviking telling member "you are no longer wanted here" for stating an opinion??

Fish n' Frags
12-31-2007, 11:27 PM
A recent message sent to Fadel from Technoviking. How is this ok? But stating an opinion about a LFS isn't? As far as i'm concerned i've got more help and enjoyment out of the members here then i have the LFS so how is this message ok? So why push away a member?

Message sent to Fadel from Technoviking:

"IT'S THEIR THREAD. They started it to let people know about them posting some stuff on eBay, not for you to bash them. That is inconsiderate and rude. If you want to be stupid go make your own thread and bash them, don't do it in theirs. I have no interest in SWImports as a company, it just pisses me off when people are selfish and rude. Sell your tank, get out of this "crap", as far as I'm concerned, you are no longer wanted here."

I wouldn't have posted or said anything, but someone has to support a fellow reefer when they are getting bullied.

Technoviking
12-31-2007, 11:31 PM
First of all, why are you starting drama? Last time I checked it is called a private message. And second of all, you need to see the PM he sent me that I responded to.

He threatened to leave the site and leave all this "crap" behind, so I told him fine I didn't want him here. That doesn't mean I am going to ban him over something stupid.

Kamilek
12-31-2007, 11:31 PM
A recent message sent to Fadel from Technoviking. How is this ok? But stating an opinion about a LFS isn't? As far as i'm concerned i've got more help and enjoyment out of the members here then i have the LFS so how is this message ok? So why push away a member?

Message sent to Fadel from Technoviking:

"IT'S THEIR THREAD. They started it to let people know about them posting some stuff on eBay, not for you to bash them. That is inconsiderate and rude. If you want to be stupid go make your own thread and bash them, don't do it in theirs. I have no interest in SWImports as a company, it just pisses me off when people are selfish and rude. Sell your tank, get out of this "crap", as far as I'm concerned, you are no longer wanted here."

I wouldn't have posted or said anything, but someone has to support a fellow reefer when they are getting bullied.

tagging along :crazy:

afitzwater
12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
First of all, why are you starting drama? Last time I checked it is called a private message. And second of all, you need to see the PM he sent me that I responded to.

He threatened to leave the site and leave all this "crap" behind, so I told him fine I didn't want him here. That doesn't mean I am going to ban him over something stupid.

thats lame as hell!!!!!!!!

hes stating facts!

afitzwater
12-31-2007, 11:33 PM
horrible mod skills if you ask me!!!!!!!

Technoviking
12-31-2007, 11:34 PM
You know what, it's fine. You guys want to get hung up on some stupid drama then go ahead, I'm checking out.

Fish n' Frags
12-31-2007, 11:38 PM
I did read it, thats what made me want to defend him a little here. He seemed like he was questioning his "freedom of speech" about something other people were bashing as well. You only deleted his.

I understand its a "private message", and so do you. I don't think you'd have said that if you knew it would get out. WHat has he done wrong??? Nothing, you should have moved his post not deleted it. And if you were going to delete it that you should have removed the other posts about pricing being raised as well.

Delete this thread if you want, i just wondered why you'd push away a member?

SDguy
12-31-2007, 11:40 PM
A couple pretty simple things on BB's, for those that don't know.

1. Comments about pricing, badmouthing the seller, and general non pertinent chit chat is not appropriate in a "for sale" thread, whether it's a sponsor or a private member.

2. Posting PM's in public, by a third party no less, is just immature and tacky.

3. People can post all the stuff they want about vendor experiences in the LFS forum and are encouraged to do so.

This thread is done. I would prefer no one else get involved in this drama, and just take a step back for perspective.

Technoviking
12-31-2007, 11:41 PM
It really doesn't bother me that it got out, i stand behind what I said.

I only deleted his because he was bashing the LFS in their own forum that they payed for. That is not right and it is inconsiderate. He did not post about the prices going up, he just bashed them.

I'm not going to delete this thread as I don't really care. If you guys want to make a big deal about this then go ahead.