PDA

View Full Version : Please need a little help !!!!

wannareef
12-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I need a little help, I bought a brand new 135g tank,stand,canopy, never seen water for a really good price in HB, I bought it from a girl who was selling it for her dad, As I was picking it up we got to talking and she informed me that her dad had a stroke and need the money to help pay bills, and didn't have the capability to set it up, I met the dad, really super nice guy, he had a hard time speaking, but he loved the tank, it was just to big for his apartment as he was moving to a new one on the first floor that was going to be smaller, I decided to give him my 75g corner tank,stand,canopy with lights and a XP3 canister filter, I want to set it up for him mid February. Does anybody want to help and donate some live sand or Live rock or couple of used power heads, maybe bring some premixed water to get him started, I told the daughter what I wanted to do,she told her dad, he was real excited about getting a tank. I could use any help from LS,LR,Water, or help setting it all up, so if you can spare some time or anything you think I'm missing please let me know, let's let him get the thrill we get from our tanks, I'm sure it will be well appreciated,

Rich

afitzwater
12-29-2007, 11:37 PM
i have some ls you can have

j_electric
12-29-2007, 11:39 PM
I have Lr pm me later it is cured and has mushrooms and zoo's on it

coral diver
12-29-2007, 11:50 PM
got a couple of power heads let me know

nahtanoj
12-29-2007, 11:55 PM
i have about 65g worth of 5gal jugs to take scripps water up.

afitzwater
12-30-2007, 12:03 AM
i have many powerheads you can have

Jessy
12-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I've got a heater BNIB if you want it. And I have some clean dead sand if you need more than the LS Afitz is offering.

Eric F
12-30-2007, 12:23 AM
I have around 40 pounds of cured LR. LMK what you need.

justinmkantor
12-30-2007, 12:26 AM
this is what I love about this site. wish i could spare some gear but im just startin myself. You guys rock

WanaLeime
12-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Looks like you got plenty of offers for live rock; but I have some base rock (once live rock) if you need more rocks. about 20#s. LMK

DiverDave
12-30-2007, 06:16 AM
I've got more time than goods but I'll take a look. Please let me know how I can assist. More than happy to help move and set up with you!!!

wannareef
12-30-2007, 06:43 AM
You guys a great, Thank you for all the help, I was thinking more on the lines of a FOWLR for him, since he just had a stroke it will be easier for him to maintain, as he gets better he can change it to a reef if he wants, it's a 75g corner tank, I thinking about 50lbs of live sand, couple of pieces of live rock 20 to 40lbs, 2 power heads,200watt heater, Diver Dan if you can arrange to pick up these things and meet me to set this up would be a big help since I live in the Corona/Riverside area , He moves into his new place February 1, I was going to give him a couple of weeks to settle in and then go set it up, hence the middle of February, let me know a good time and day for you and I'll take a day off if I need to, again thank you all

Rich

DiverDave
12-30-2007, 06:55 AM
No problem. I can receive/pick up the dry goods anytime. Those of you wishing to donate please PM me your address, phone# and what you would be donating. I want to wait until mid January before receiving sand and rock. I'll set up a 'curing tank' for the wet stuff to ensure that it's good and cured. Then you and I can coordinate the delivery. This is really great of you and my sincerest thanks to all who have offered to donate. I'll be taking photos and posting updates.
Happy New Year! (Go Chargers!)
Dave

malachai629
12-30-2007, 08:34 AM
I know you said FOWLR but if you decide to set him up with some easy softies, I have some shrooms he could have.

WRAiTHY
12-30-2007, 08:37 AM
I have 4 of the 5g AW jugs with Scripps water you can use for the fillup. I will need 2 back but he can have 2 of them to keep if he needs them.

WRAiTHY
12-30-2007, 08:37 AM
I have 4 of the 5g AW jugs with Scripps water you can use for the fillup. I will need 2 back but he can have 2 of them to keep if he needs them.

davocean
12-30-2007, 08:58 AM
I have a 5g bucket of sand, GSP, zenia if you want it.

wannareef
12-30-2007, 06:07 PM
update:
I called the daughter and told her of my plans, and what I wanted to do, this is a reply I got from her.

Hi Rich...

First off I want to thank you for your sincere generosity and kind words. My dad is THRILLED at your gift. He would love to have a fish tank and have his dream come true. I told him that I would give him your email address so that he can thank you on his own.

I am running around like crazy trying to get New Year's activities organized. May I call you after the first of the year??

My dad would absolutely love to take the tank, the only thing is we need to wait about one month for his move. This way when you come down to set it up, we don't have to move everything. He will be moving apartments January 31.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your generosity! As I told my dad after receiving your voicemail...there truly are good people in this world.

God bless you.
Sabrina

I will get more information for us when she calls after the first of the year.

Thanks Again for everybody's help

Rich

Poacher
12-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Wannareef,

Its very generous of you to help them out. Perhaps you can post a list of equipment, fish and coral that would be needed so that we can donate the items:)

P

Techknowledgy
12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Wannareef,
I am in to help set it up. Justr let me knoiw when you want to go up and I am there. Altriuism is its own reward. Good karma and PIF points too if you believe in that kind of thing!

Roland

nahtanoj
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
along with my offer of water delivery, i have a truck, so if the tank needs delivery too, i am available.

wannareef
01-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I got a voice mail from the daughter this evening, The dad will be moving into a senior citizens complex in March, she said they will still like the fish tank setup. but it wouldn't be till March, I'm going to repaint the stand and canopy to match his furniture. I will keep you all informed as it comes to me.
Again Thank you for very kind generosity.

Rich