PDA

View Full Version : Any cigar smokers in SDreefs

Shemp
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I enjoy two expensive hobbies...reefs and cigars. I'm on budget for both:( so i'm always lookin for deals thats how i came across sdreefs. have any of you come across any tasty inexpensive smokes that are flying under my radar?

i have found TNTcigars, Famous-smoke shop, and cigarsinternational all have great prices and a great selection.

clark

h20poloman
12-04-2007, 11:58 PM
definitely enjoy a fine cigar...usually at least one a week. I buy a lot from Cigars International, one of my favorites is La Gloria Cubana Serie R 6. It's a big cigar...60 gauge. Enjoyed some cubans, Cohiba Siglo 6 while I was in Germany this year and a brand new Romeo n Julieta torpedo...smoothest cigar I've ever had.

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:04 AM
I'll have to look at the latest batch of 'gars that my buddy gave me. I know that two of them are whatever the current #1 ranked Cuban is according to Afficianado. I trade him JW Green label for cigars. (I can sometimes get the green label for free) And speaking of scotch....What's a good cigar without the smooth taste of 75 year old McCallan?? It's my favorite scotch.

h20poloman
12-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Dang guys...when are we hanging out? :D

I'm starting to acquire the taste for Scotch...definitely a big difference between nice scotch and the cheapy stuff

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:13 AM
I just cracked open the humidor....Let's see what we got here....

(2) Bolivar Habana
(1) Italia Novella
(1) Montecristo Mini Belicoso
(1) Montecristo La Habana Por Delacroix
(5) Montecristo No. 4

If it wasn't 12:15am I would fire up one of these bad boys. Anyone for some JW Blue??

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
you guys are very welcome to come to my pad and we can have a few smokes and scotch and talk reefs.

my favorite expensive smoke to date is the partagas series "s" exquisito, or the Padron 2000...both make me drool just typing their names...

h20poloman
12-05-2007, 12:19 AM
dang guys...now I'm getting fired up to have a smoke and some scotch. Nice selection Dave.

Shemp...I just smoked a Padron 1964 anniversary at a cigar lounge up in San Marcos the day before Thanksgiving. I asked the guy working there what his favorite smoke was and that was it....great call. Too bad a box even at the discount places is still over $300 a box

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Let's set a date and I'll bring a couple extra smokes and a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. You supply the glass and the torch. Only the good stuff for my fellow reefers!

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:21 AM
on my christmas list this year is a 200 count pull out drawer humidor. they have one on Cigars int. i like to separate my maduros from my naturals...so i don't have to dig down and damage ones that are on top if i want one that has been stashed a while and has migrated down.

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:24 AM
A buddy of mine built my humidor. It is small but effective. Lined with cedar. He did a great job on it.

MichaelRyanSD
I use to work at a cigar shop (Liberty Tabacco) its a fine shop and you should check it out if your in the area (clairmont mesa)..but as far as cheap good smoke, I'm always going to be partial to Baccarat Maduro, its cheap and its good..as far as expensive cigars go, I know this is so typical, but I really like Davidoff, the best part about working there was smoking one or two a day for free

Shemp
dang guys...now I'm getting fired up to have a smoke and some scotch. Nice selection Dave.

Shemp...I just smoked a Padron 1964 anniversary at a cigar lounge up in San Marcos the day before Thanksgiving. I asked the guy working there what his favorite smoke was and that was it....great call. Too bad a box even at the discount places is still over $300 a box

yeah those padrons never fail, nicaraguans are gonna be pushin cubans for the next decade as top dog.

do you guys ever go to liberty tobacco? or excaliber? both are very close to OG...dangerously close.

h20poloman
Let's set a date and I'll bring a couple extra smokes and a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. You supply the glass and the torch. Only the good stuff for my fellow reefers!

How about when we unload your 300g! :D

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I use to work at a cigar shop (Liberty Tabacco) its a fine shop and you should check it out if your in the area (clairmont mesa)..but as far as cheap good smoke, I'm always going to be partial to Baccarat Maduro, its cheap and its good..as far as expensive cigars go, I know this is so typical, but I really like Davidoff, the best part about working there was smoking one or two a day for free

When did you work at liberty...and why would you quit, i'd stay around for 1 day a week just to have the inside pipeline...

h20poloman
12-05-2007, 12:27 AM
yeah those padrons never fail, nicaraguans are gonna be pushin cubans for the next decade as top dog.

do you guys ever go to liberty tobacco? or excaliber? both are very close to OG...dangerously close.

Is one of those in the same strip mall as Audio Heaven/Cheetahs? If so, I've only seen it from the outside....it was closed when I was there. I'd like to open a cigar lounge in my neck of the woods. The best one downtown was shut down to eminate domain but they actually won the lawsuit against the city. They used to roll their own.

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:29 AM
i have found that for a cheap daily smoke the Arturo fuente short story alternatives at TNT cigars is phenomenal. they run about 1.25 each and match up to the true short story about 95% of the time.

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:32 AM
"How about when we unload your 300g!"

Let me tell you something...I have a wonderful wife. She indulges my fishtank hobby, my horrible work schedule, the tremendous amount of time it takes me to finish a remodeling project, and God only knows all of the other crap I do. However, one thing that she does not tolerate is me smoking cigars anywhere near her or her house. She won't even kiss me for at least three days after I have smoked. SO there will be no post tank moving cigar party at Dave's house. Sorry to say. Besides, it will take 3 to 4 weeks for the tank to be made, possibly longer with Christmas, and we should do this sooner than that.

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Is one of those in the same strip mall as Audio Heaven/Cheetahs? If so, I've only seen it from the outside....it was closed when I was there. I'd like to open a cigar lounge in my neck of the woods. The best one downtown was shut down to eminate domain but they actually won the lawsuit against the city. They used to roll their own.

the one in the strip mall next to cheetahs is excalibur, pretty good place, a little stuffy and high brow, but they have a marvelous selection and you can smoke and have a beer or wine. Liberty is much friendlier and is like a guys hangout. very nice people and lots of guys of all ages talking wtching tv smokin, playin cards, very fun...no beer or wine though, but i choose liberty 9 times out of 10.

h20poloman
12-05-2007, 12:34 AM
ok...well then, when you come to buy my Sequence Hammerhead. :)

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Where did you say Liberty was?

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:35 AM
For a guy who doesn't work in sales, you sure do a good job of selling!

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:37 AM
"How about when we unload your 300g!"

Let me tell you something...I have a wonderful wife. She indulges my fishtank hobby, my horrible work schedule, the tremendous amount of time it takes me to finish a remodeling project, and God only knows all of the other crap I do. However, one thing that she does not tolerate is me smoking cigars anywhere near her or her house. She won't even kiss me for at least three days after I have smoked. SO there will be no post tank moving cigar party at Dave's house. Sorry to say. Besides, it will take 3 to 4 weeks for the tank to be made, possibly longer with Christmas, and we should do this sooner than that.

ditto on the wonderul wife part for me to, she enjoys me smoking, as long as it's outside, which is fine with me. i have a great patio down stairs in my back forty that has sand filled ashtrays and lounge chairs, a fire pit, and i even drag the tv out there and watch whatever game is on or movie. i'll run it passed my wife...i think she would be fine with a get together ona fri or sat...but i'll ask before i give the "all clear"...i learned that much after 15 years of marraige:) :)

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:40 AM
18 years and going strong. And I am only 41! Best of all, she is the one that told me to get a bigger tank. I think she could see it in my eyes. Plus the tank is holding up my living room remodel. She wants it done and is getting impatient.

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Where did you say Liberty was?

it is on claremont mesa blvd. in the shopping center just passed the bowling alley, and directly kitty corner from the carls junior. it is in the strip mall with ethan allen furniture, and a quiznos, and other stuff. it is straight across the street fromm tommy burgers. i go there like every friday for lunch and a smoke. at around 1200

h20poloman
12-05-2007, 12:44 AM
night fellas...need to wake up around 6am as usual. This friday is best for me...have dinner plans sat night with the g/f. I think the weather is supposed to be crap Fri-Sun this week though so any outdoor smoking is most likely going to be out.

Maybe a group trip to the Liberty place? Just need directions and how late are they open?

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:47 AM
yes mine just two days ago said she wanted a new tank, ours uses a weir overflow and it is very loud...so is my sump...she said to get a quieter tank...are the ones with built in overflows quieter than hob's

Shemp
12-05-2007, 12:48 AM
k i gotta get up also...well talk soon....smoke em if you got em

DaveMorris
12-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Yes they are especially if you install something like a Durso or my favorite, a Herbie standpipe.

MadMax
12-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Now you guys are talking my language.
Ditto on the wife, hobby, tolerance, etc.
As long as its outside, she tolerates it...barely

Thus far, I find the CAO Gold the best Bang for your Buck cigar out there.
Very good flavor: mild, creamy, and hints of spice.....mmm, mmm, mmm!

This one of my favorite sites:

http://www.payless-cigars.com/index.html

manofcoral
12-05-2007, 06:27 AM
I want to chime in also. I do not really know which cigar is the best for the price, but I get great deals on expensive cigars from Thompsoncigar.com or JRcigars.com. If you choose wisely you can get fantastic deals on great cigars. I know they do not have the latest and greatest, but it works for me. Can I join the club also. I love to smoke and talk reefs. My favorite is Fuente Gran Reserva Hemingway, and of course almost all CAO.

hockyfn30
12-05-2007, 06:48 AM
I just recently started looking into cigars and was happily surprised to see this topic come up on here. Any suggestions as to what cigar I should try as my first (size?) so that I can get a sense of my pallette and what I like?

Shemp
12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
start with something in a 46 to 52 ring guage an in the mild to medium strength. try a macanudo or a punch or a montecristo in a conneticut shade wrapper. that is a typical starting point...

SDFISHMAN
12-05-2007, 07:42 AM
My buddy owns a cigar shop in old town.. I might be able to get some deals..

Shemp
12-05-2007, 07:44 AM
ok my lovely bride has given the thumbs up for a sdreefs smoke get together at our house. this week is shot however. pehaps the 14th which is not this friday but next friday. I will let you guys know.

clark

Shemp
12-05-2007, 07:46 AM
My buddy owns a cigar shop in old town.. I might be able to get some deals..

what a surprise...justin know's a guy who can get a deal :D :D what the shop in old town called.

clark

SDFISHMAN
12-05-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm pretty sure it Racine & Laramie. His family owns it.. Here is a picture I got off his site.
http://i11.tinypic.com/6owez39.jpg

Shemp
12-05-2007, 08:09 AM
wow since 1869...i'll have to go check them out.

h20poloman
12-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Could go for a smoke and scotch tonight...where ya at Dave? Oh yeah, and I got a hammerhead for ya!

Chanas4
12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure it Racine & Laramie. His family owns it.. Here is a picture I got off his site.
http://i11.tinypic.com/6owez39.jpg

Hubby loves that place!!

jharr
12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
choice #1 - Arturo Fuente Toro
choice #2 - H. Upmann Churchill (I passed these out after my first son was born - 10 YEARS AGO!!??)

These are inexpensive Dominicans, but very tasty. I would put a good Dominican against any other gar in the price range.

Having said that, I really like smoking one of my pipes (tobacco only). And if you want a real social get together, I'll break out the hooka!

"Smoke 'em if ya got 'em"

J--

h20poloman
12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
choice #1 - Arturo Fuente Toro
choice #2 - H. Upmann Churchill (I passed these out after my first son was born - 10 YEARS AGO!!??)

These are inexpensive Dominicans, but very tasty. I would put a good Dominican against any other gar in the price range.

Having said that, I really like smoking one of my pipes (tobacco only). And if you want a real social get together, I'll break out the hooka!

"Smoke 'em if ya got 'em"

J--

I love the smell of pipe tobacco, just not sure about the blends and how to get started. You will have to show us the ropes

DaveMorris
12-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I can't do Dec. 14th. That is the night of the NCRMAS Christmas party.

Marlin, I was working the Andre Reiu concert tonight. Sorry I couldn't comme over and smoke.

bluielover
05-27-2008, 08:39 PM
wondering if you guys ever did this???

h20poloman
05-27-2008, 09:57 PM
DaveMorris and I have had a reef/cigar & scotch night and I broke Vinny in this past weekend with the La Gloria Cubana. I'll definitely be bringing some to the meetings at Dave's in June, we will be breaking in the man hut. Hey, we need a cigar smoking smiley to be added....oh Technoviking, can you hook that up?

aanntthhoonnyy
05-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Swisher sweets. any available liquor store.

DaveMorris
05-27-2008, 10:20 PM
We are talking about actual, REAL cigars, here Anthony. Swisher sweets are for drunks and bums. That's why you can buy them for $.79 at 7-11.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_8_100.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MSUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk788MSUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZNxmk788MSUS&utm_id=7926)

aanntthhoonnyy
05-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I was kidding. haha.

I'm not a cigar smoker. just trying to come in here and mess with you guys.

luisito1977
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Well hello fellas. I'd have to say that I haven't spent big money on cigars, however I have a medium cigar humidor that I have supplied with a few brands that I enjoy...

Camacho SLR Maduro (some of my favorites)
Camacho Negro was pretty good, I wish I jumped on the JRCigars deal they were having on them.
Montecristo White is nice, a little pricy though
Cohiba (Red Dot) again, nice but pricey
CAO Cx2
CAO Mx2
CAO Brazilia
TTT Trinidad
Cusano 18 is nice for a smoother lighter smoke
Romeo and Julieta have been kind of hit and miss for me...
For a solid cheap smoke I enjoy Puros Indios Maduros

I recently graduated from my Masters Program and my brother bought me some great cigars... When he gave them to me they looked special. After I looked them up on line I saw they were quite special. I had no idea cause I would never spend that much on some Cigars...

Fuente OpusX Fuente 1992 Chateau de la Fuente

Don't know wether to smoke them or just leave em in the humidor and brag!

As for the single malt scotch, I have never had anything over 18 years, 75 years must be something really special. Enjoy it!

Happy smokin' and Happy reefin'! Enjoy life while we can right?

bluielover
05-28-2008, 12:07 PM
coo luis... i just got into it myself. ive had cigars but nothing major. had all acid brand cigars and love them. anyone try them?? then yesterday i got a cuban reject....nothing special. but i think ill be getting into the high dollar cigars soon. i enjoy them... for not being a smoker.

WRAiTHY
05-28-2008, 06:05 PM
There used to be a great cigar bar in old town called Hemingways. I dont know if it's still there anymore or not but it was a great place and the owner was a very cool dude.

bluielover
05-28-2008, 07:25 PM
any other hang out spots???

dave.....are those la gloria cubano's good?

Chanas4
05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Okay guys tell me if I did good. if not, I am running out and buying more. I got these for hubby;
Arturo Fuente Opus X
Arturo Fuente Diamond Crown
Partagas 160
Padron 1964 Anniversary
Ghurka Master Select.

Im not a cigar smoker but did want to get him some good smokes for his birthday

bluielover
05-28-2008, 08:00 PM
havent tryed them except the padron one. liked it very much.
hopefully someone could chime in and help

h20poloman
05-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Sue, you did a very good job. I just tried the Padron 1964 anniversary double corona last year as it was a recommendation from a cigar shop up in San Marcos...I was not to be dissapointed...amazing smoke. Only drawback is their price which is more than I'm willing to spend on a regular basis...maybe a big special ocassion as they run about $400 for a box. I haven't had a chance to smoke an Opux X yet but it's on my list for sure. The thing with cigars is everyone has first their preference in size (length and ring guage). My personal preference has moved from robusto (typically about 5" and around a 50-54 guage to Churchills (typically around 6"). I like a fatter smoke around a 58-60 guage which isn't as common. La Gloria Cubana has a Serie R line of smokes that I really enjoy and are more bold which is odd considering I normally like a more mild smoke. Mind you, I hate cigarette smoke and I hate cigar breath but I find it a very relaxing experience. It's like most things, just because a cigar is expensive doesn't necessarily mean it is good. It is an acquired taste and as you smoke more often your taste buds become more accustom to the different flavors, how the cigars burns, draws, and overall experience of the smoke.

Last, like LFS's, the internet is definitely a much more affordable place to shop typically but you are usually buying in bulk. Cigars International is one of my favorite sites but they don't carry Padron. The La Gloria Cubanas run about $118 for a box of Robusto's and $128 for the Churchills. I believe they actually run 24 for a box. Majority of boxes are 20-25 cigars. If you buy retail you will typically pay around $12-15 a stick for the ones I just mentioned so you do the math.

While I was in Germany last year I paid about $40 for one Cohiba Siglo 6 which is cuban. It was a decent smoke IMO but I also tried a new cuban Romeo n Julieta during the same trip that still goes down as one of the best cigars I've ever had. Unfortunately it was a cuban so unless I'm looking to shell out probably around $25+ a stick I won't be able to get any around here. Stupid federal law....I thought Arnold would have got that rule overturned for CA at least by now. :D

h20poloman
05-28-2008, 08:34 PM
coo luis... i just got into it myself. ive had cigars but nothing major. had all acid brand cigars and love them. anyone try them?? then yesterday i got a cuban reject....nothing special. but i think ill be getting into the high dollar cigars soon. i enjoy them... for not being a smoker.

I haven't smoke the Acid line of cigars yet but I have heard some good things about them. Call me old school but they just don't fit the picture IMO...same thing, I'm not sure what to think about the new NUB line.

bluielover
05-28-2008, 08:49 PM
lol. understand where your coming from. going to buy a box and hopefully we can meet up so i can share with you. really like those blondies.....

just a humidor first. who should i go with??

h20poloman
05-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Not sure on the best humidor, I really think it's what kind of system you put inside it, both the humidity mechanism and pay the money for a digital temp guage. I know the manual dial ones look nice and all but they really don't give an accurate reading. I personally have not had the best luck in keeping my humidor a solid 70 degrees. I'm looking to buy one of the electronic humidity machines to put inside it and I also need to get a digital humidity gauge. I'll most likely go through CI for that as well, they have some good deals on humidors period. I'm also debating spending the dough on a Vector triple torch table lighter...need something that holds a lot of butane, the normal torches just don't cut it.

Chanas4
05-29-2008, 06:31 AM
I spent 39 dollars on that Opus X :-) those 5 cigars were quite expensive total, but jeff is worth it. :-) Fathers Day I am going to surprise him with a box of Davidoff or Fuente God of Fire. I have gotten him Cubans, but he wont soke them :-) Says he doesnt want to waste them.

mazilla
05-29-2008, 06:54 AM
i like to smoke cigars, i dump out all the tobbacco and re-fill them with my own special blend :)

Shemp
05-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Okay guys tell me if I did good. if not, I am running out and buying more. I got these for hubby;
Arturo Fuente Opus X
Arturo Fuente Diamond Crown
Partagas 160
Padron 1964 Anniversary
Ghurka Master Select.

Im not a cigar smoker but did want to get him some good smokes for his birthday

you did very good...very good indeed!!!

Shemp
05-29-2008, 07:27 AM
OK i'm going to try to get this going again...the last time everything fell apart with christmas time planning and everything...summer is better anyway! i will check with my wife and once again see about organizing an SD reefs Cigar night...

clark

luisito1977
05-29-2008, 08:17 AM
I spent 39 dollars on that Opus X :-) those 5 cigars were quite expensive total, but jeff is worth it. :-) Fathers Day I am going to surprise him with a box of Davidoff or Fuente God of Fire. I have gotten him Cubans, but he wont soke them :-) Says he doesnt want to waste them.

You did really well. From what I understand the Fuente Opusx is one of the most sought after cigars as they are a very limited run and demand is pretty high. Good job! I hope my fiance is able to do something similar for me one day.

As for a humidor, the most important aspect is making sure you have a well constructed humidor, becasue if you go cheapy on it, it doesn't matter what tye of humidification device you have in it as it will all seep out anyways. I found a really nice one (cuban exotica) from cubancrafters.com I also have a craftsman bench humidor in my office that isn't quite as nice, but still keeps humidity pretty level. But be warned, it's kind of like aquariums with reefing, you're gonna want a bigger humidor once you fill it up. I have also had good luck using the Drymistat Crystal Tube that you can find at CI. They work well and only require regular tap water. You just need to make sure you buy enough for your humidor. These keep the humidity pretty standard and require minimum maintanance (something all of us refers probably value).

Shemp
05-29-2008, 09:41 AM
lol. understand where your coming from. going to buy a box and hopefully we can meet up so i can share with you. really like those blondies.....

just a humidor first. who should i go with??

Cubancrafters.com has a great variety of humidors, and even humi combo deals...i have the exotica, it is gorgeous, soild, holds about 150 toros and was about 180.00. they have many sizes and designs...check them out.

Shemp
05-29-2008, 09:47 AM
luisito1977 i typed my message about cuban crafters before i saw your post...small world...i love my exotica, it is so thick and sturdy it holds a marvelous 70% easily...

something else that people should keep in mind is that a full humidor keeps humidity better than an empty one, same concept as a full freezer being easier to keep things frozen, less air means less volume of water required to keep the relative humidity where you want it...25962

bluielover
05-29-2008, 10:06 AM
thanks shemp for the tips and advice. looking forward to a sdreefs cigar night lol.

that smilely looks custom made for maz.lol, doesnt even look like a cigar.

poloman, ill look around. found some on craigslist too but not too sure. was thinking of getting a 40 cigar hold. good start?

h20poloman
05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I agree, looking forward to it Shemp or I can probably host at my house as well.

My boy Blue :) I'd go with at least a 100-150 capacity to start, you'll most likely end up with a 300-400 down the line. Once you put in the humidifing devices and all of that it doesn't leave truly that much room.

bluielover
05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
lol. damn... going to look around then. thanks again

bluielover
05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
looking at ci and they have those 5 vegas limitada. worth a try??

Chanas4
05-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Thompsons has good Humidors too.

luisito1977
05-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Check on line for humidor reviews...

They can get real expensive real quick...

To a certain extent you get what you pay for. Shemp and I are both VERY happy with our exotica from cubancrafters.com. The craftsman bench humidors are also very highly rated. check out bonitasmokeshop.com for the craftsman bench humidors as they have a good selection and good prices on them.

Remember, DO NOT go cheap on the humidor as it is what will be protecting your prized cigars, how much sense does it make to invest in good cigars if you humidor is not going to keep them in good shape? Much like reefing, the more research and effort you put into in the beggining the less problems you will have at the end.

DaveMorris
05-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I have a smallish humidor that a good friend of mine built for me. Nothing could be better than the craftsmanship he did on this box. It will only hold about 40 sticks, but I don't need anything bigger right now.

You guys figure out when and where the SDReefs cigar night is and I'll bring the JW Blue Label.

bluielover
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
ya, looking forward to that too. ill bring the coke and 7up for us non drinkers

h20poloman
05-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Fellas, I may be down for an impromtu cigar/reef night at my place tomorrow night...could use some ideas/placement for my chiller and if we get really bold, replace the pc's with the vho's.

PM me for contact info if you don't have it.

Marlin

DaveMorris
05-30-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm not back from Florida until Saturday morning.

Shemp
05-30-2008, 07:25 AM
ok the wife has given the thumbs up for saturday June 7th. i figure if we start around 3:00 pm it would be fine...people can leave as they want...i'll have the grill going and we can barbeque some burgers/dogs/chicken/steak/brats/ whatever just to make sure something of substance is eaten...if you want directions pm me and i will pm them back to ya with all my contact info...

clark

bluielover
05-31-2008, 08:43 PM
no!!! I just saw this. How'd it go? Sorry, I really wanted to make it.

Edit: sorry I got the date mixed up. LOL. Feel like a dummy.

DaveMorris
05-31-2008, 11:23 PM
I'll be in San Fran so you"ll have to get your own Johnny Walker Blue.

Squidward
06-01-2008, 08:25 AM
i like special cigars

Redeye
06-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Cigars are ok, But I DO enjoy a nice scotch
Wifey got me a big bottle of the JW Gold for one of my wedding presents:D

JAHGYDI
06-01-2008, 09:18 AM
i roll my own special highgrade cigars

bluielover
06-01-2008, 07:00 PM
what do you guys think of cuabans??

Shemp
06-02-2008, 07:43 AM
ok as of today June 2nd, only H20poloman has responded to being able to make it on the 7th...Dave Morris will be out of town, and Bluielover thinks he already missed it...So lets roll it back to the 21st of june to let people have more time to clear their schedules up...still PM me if you are interested and i will give you my contact information...clark

bluielover
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM
pmed earlier. ill make it

now for the humidors, ive been looking at cubancrafters and like them a lot. the deals that they have in combos are crazy. now, my question is what humidors should i stay away from? i like thus one combo that comes with 75 cigars and humidor for i think 80 bucks. thats insane.

Shemp
06-03-2008, 11:47 AM
bluie;

what models are you seeing on cuban crafters...

bluielover
06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I dont know, ill let you know. What's a cigar I can try next? Only ever tryed acid, padron 3000 and an aurturo fuerte.

bluielover
06-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Clasico Rosa Rosewood Humidor

Chanas4
06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Hubby really liked the Fuente Opus X. 39 bucks per though. One of his favorites is the CAO MX2, also the Ghurkas. He is tired of the Cohibas, but says they are good.

h20poloman
06-03-2008, 10:17 PM
ok as of today June 2nd, only H20poloman has responded to being able to make it on the 7th...Dave Morris will be out of town, and Bluielover thinks he already missed it...So lets roll it back to the 21st of june to let people have more time to clear their schedules up...still PM me if you are interested and i will give you my contact information...clark

The SDMAS bbq is on the 21st so I'll be attending that....I definitely can bring cigars (you can still smoke in a park right?) Have one of my best buds flying in from Germany that day and most likely will be coming so I'll most likely have other plans after the bbq.

Squidward
06-04-2008, 06:48 AM
http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/42337/2738295430021440553S200x200Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/41961/2821968850021440553S200x200Q85.jpg
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/

Shemp
06-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Clasico Rosa Rosewood Humidor

yeah that looks decent enough...don't count on the smokes being very good, as they are a throw in...If you are just starting out try any number of places that offer different samplers or 5 packs. that way you don't get something you hate and are stuck with 20 of them. At cuban crafters the Don kiki red are decent and the Don kiki brown are nice. The Don kiki green label are a mild smoke. Their best stick IMHO is the JL salazar y hermanos....yummmm.

Shemp
06-04-2008, 07:43 AM
ok so i'm a bit slow and didn't catch on that the SDreefs BBQ was on the 21st....so why don't we try for the 5th of july...

bluielover
06-04-2008, 09:59 PM
cool. im down for whenever. not really minding the smokes that are coming with it. i was actually for to buy those closeout deals where its 50 cigars for loke 40 bucks. just so i can have something in there lol. but ill get the high end stuff soon

Shemp
06-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Hello all

I'm sorry to say that any get together at my house just isn't gonna work out. I have to many other things that need to be attended to. So, if we are ever doing a trade or a sale and you wanna negotiate some smokes into the deal that might be an option, but for the time being i gotta be about business at home.

thanks

clark

Squidward
06-23-2008, 07:40 AM
the Billionaire Sidney Frank (that lived part year in san diego) smoked cigars that were custom made with his name on them and cost $50.00 per cigar,,,he also smoked them in bed with a fire proof bib on :)
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/

bluielover
06-29-2008, 12:44 PM
just realozed, so this isnt going to happen anymore?
meet the owner of the eureka cigars. very cool!