PDA

View Full Version : Chargers vs. Chiefs

KT-150
12-02-2007, 04:36 AM
its 430am. excited about the game are we fellas?

afitzwater
12-02-2007, 04:43 AM
Haha I am :)

What's kc's record?

Its a 1:00 game right?

KT-150
12-02-2007, 04:45 AM
10am. about 5hrs.:eek:

GoTakuF1
12-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Hm, 5:15 am, taking a break from packing for a road trip, how about a game preview? Chiefs are 4-7 on 4 straight losses however they're 15-1 at home in Dec. Doesn't matter what kind of scrubs they have on their team, they're very tough to beat in Arrowhead and especially in Dec. We're in for a rough one.

Unfortunately, we don't have Croyle to beat up on this game and to top it off, we got a fresh(er) Huart to deal with. Dude always give the Bolts a tough time. The bright side is that they're forced to play a rookie RB. So, if the secondary, especially Cro is able to man up on Bowe, we'll fare well.

I'm ecstatic we've benched Olivea for Clary :D If this kid learns quickly and plays up to his potential, our Oline will be looking solid again. Hopefully Norv will continue to let PR run the no huddle all game to shut the stadium up a bit. Then a steady dose of play action/LT would be ideal. Still can't believe the Chefs let Justin Freakin' Fargas tear them up last week :p

Cheers to a hard-fought and injury-free win - go Bolts!

KT-150
12-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Bowe certainly looked like an all pro the last time we faced him. Hopefully it'll be a different story this time around. Mediocre or rookie players always seem to have a breakout game against us.:confused: Also having Hardwick back in the lineup is a huge boost to our o-line. Did you notice, no fumbled snaps last week like the previous games without him?

GoTakuF1
12-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Bowe is a baller for sure but I think if Cro play him straight up like how he played Reggie Wayne, I don't think Bowe will be a factor. I'm more concerned about McCree/Wilhelm not holding up the middle. If those guys don't show up again, Tony Gonzalez could have a big day. I can't wait until Weddle get a chance to start and hopefully in the near future Siler/Waters :D

Hardwickhas been a difference maker for sure. LT's running lanes opened up nicely last week, against a pretty stout run D. Let's hope our big uglies keep it up the rest of the season.

Bogg
12-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Were gonna win!. lol I wish I had as much knowledge as you foos!. Minh your comments are like sportscenter!. lol.

swissfish
12-02-2007, 08:33 AM
chargers by 12

pk-sd
12-02-2007, 11:01 AM
So do we have a chance. Its a must win.

pnguy3n
12-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Stop freakin' stop Jared Allen...geez!

CNCreefer
12-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Once again I see Rivers having to throw under pressure. Where is the pass protection??? That's one thing the offense needs to work on. At least he got that long pass to VJ for the TD, and LT and his fancy footwork got the 2nd TD.
Got to love Merriman, he's the sack king.
GO CHARGERS!!!

pk-sd
12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
2nd LT touchdown. Can we finish the game now ?!!

imHUNG
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Crooooo

CNCreefer
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
CHARGERS WIN!!!
Now I really hate to say this, but I'm gonna root for the raiders (ugh) over Denver. That will give us a 2 game lead over Denver...I'm not worried about the stinky raiders, they have no chance of getting into the playoffs.

SHROOM
12-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Pass defense is much better today. Wonder why?

CNCreefer
12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
I would think Hardwick has alot to do with it. He can read the other team's defense and make play calls accordingly.

GoTakuF1
12-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Fire Norv, Bench Rivers, stop running LT on 1st downs, Merriman is an overated cheater! Where's all the negativity in this thread? :rolleyes:

/end sarcasm :p :D ;)

12-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Good win. The last two games.......they have played like the team we expected to start the year. O-Line is finally getting a push. Maybe benching Olivea has made the line realize the aren't getting it done. Need to handle business against the Titans. I watched the game closely and was happy to see them finally sending Merriman and SP more often!

I like how the Chargers are no longer being mentioned with the elite teams in the league. Better to fly under the radar than to be highly publicized.

GoTakuF1
12-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I like how the Chargers are no longer being mentioned with the elite teams in the league. Better to fly under the radar than to be highly publicized.

Sounds good to me, as long as we win the big ones. :)

Bogg
12-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I'll spread some bad vibes... did anyone else feel like the announcers on cbs were fully biased towards the chargers!. LT runs for 36 yards and randy is praising the safety for pushing him out of bounds!. We get an interception on there touchdown attempt and Randy goes noo!. Stupid Randy and ****. It was BS. GO CHARGERS!.

GoTakuF1
12-05-2007, 06:07 PM
I'll spread some bad vibes... did anyone else feel like the announcers on cbs were fully biased towards the chargers!. LT runs for 36 yards and randy is praising the safety for pushing him out of bounds!. We get an interception on there touchdown attempt and Randy goes noo!. Stupid Randy and ****. It was BS. GO CHARGERS!.

I agree, CBS' coverage overall is terrible. The local HD production in the preseason was done pretty well for their first time. My advice to you, put your HD set on mute and turn on Rock 105.3, there's a bit of a delay but hey, I'd take Hank Bauer and Josh Lewin over any of these high paying "analysts" anytime. They're a bunch of morons.

But if you thought the CBS broadcast was bad, I was watching the MNF game with the wife at a restaurant in the bay area (which has a surprising number of Bolts fans since the last time I was there ;)) and nearly lost my appetite. I couldn't believe how Kornheiser could speak with Tom Brady's teabags so far down his throat. ESPN has to be the worst in my opinion. They ruined MNF!

Bogg
12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
LMAO Yeah!

swissfish
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
well look how we are going to do against a decent team this weekend.

PR should not forget about the short pass and stop staring down the receivers.

Fine Fins
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
chargers are waiting until it counts to beat good teams this year. we all know!!!

GoTakuF1
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
The TN game will be tough just because the Bolts haven't traveled well this year. Short of the D completely collapsing, the Bolts match up well against the Titans. TN's D line is battered, I can see LT having another nice day opening up the lanes for PR. I have a feeling the Madden curse will catch up with our friend Vince Young soon!

KT-150
12-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Chargers win + Denver loss= AFC west Champs!

Fine Fins
12-06-2007, 09:27 AM
If our d line can change it up like they did last game and give pressure than our secondary looks a lot better.

GoTakuF1
12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
What we're seeing is the Chargers D becoming a more complete and well rounded defense. With 4 more games to work at it, it'll be interesting to see the difference in the playoffs.

In other news, Patriots' tired and old ass defense was struggling against AJ Feeley and Kyle Boller :p :D I smell a huge upset in the playoffs abrewin'!

12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
The Patriots have lived by the pass all year with virtually no run game. We'll see what happens when it starts snowing in Foxborough and if Randy wants to take hits in the cold. Pats have a mediocre run game and its only getting colder!!!!. Against the Ravens and Eagles on 2 cold days they almost lost. Rooting for the Steelers hard to demolish them!

Chargers need to keep Haynesworth in check and pressure V. Young but dont let him get outside the tackles where he can improvise with his legs. Outside containment is the key.

Prediction Cromartie 2 picks, LT 2 TDS's, Gates 1 TD

Chargers 24
Titans 13

GoTakuF1
12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Getting close to game time! The Bolts are getting closer to putting it all together. I was a bit nervous about this TN game a couple of days ago but I'm feeling a little better today:

- Their safety Chris Hope is out. With average backs in their secondary, I think Gates will have a big day, unless LT is on one of his monster games again.
- Haynesworth isn't 100%, he's a beast but I don't think he'll be as big of a factor as Jared Allen was for the Chiefs last week. I think McNeil will step up this game.
- Weddle is pushing for starting position! The sooner he becomes a starter, the sooner we can get McCree to strong safety. I'm really liking how the D is coming along.

Is it Sunday yet?

pako73
12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
I know how you feel Minh!!!

I just love football in the holidays.