PDA

View Full Version : Pimpin' JoJo's tank

vinny73
12-01-2007, 05:51 PM
I just received a call from JOJO and he is in a bit of a bind! His granddaughter has Asthma pretty bad! As if his problems couldn't get any worse! He has spent quite a bit of time in the Emergency room with her. His priorities are with his family right now. SO............. I would appreciate it if all you generous folks could hold your enthusiasm for 1 more week. He told me his corals are actually opening up, and he just did another water change. He may not want me to divulge this but............RIO PUMPS SUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!! His rio pump, which was his return pump, fried and in doing so, tripped his circuit breaker , in which heated his tank, and shut everything off in which suffocated his family of fish! SO, IF YOU HAVE A RIO, SMMMMMMMMMASH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to reschedule everyones efforts to next weekend. If next weekend is no good for you, and you have some equipment you can offer JOJO to get him going again, I am availble to receive such equipment and any corals can be introduced in say 2 weeks from now. Jojo asked me to let everyone know that after reading the post, after 3 pages had been written, his wife told him, "JOJO, NOW THOSE ARE TRUE FRIENDS!!!!" You all are greatly appreciated by him and his wife!!!!! I am gonna take a trip by there this week and see what the damage is. Once again, thank you all for helping a fallen angel, Jojo is one of those people who has touched us all in an incredible way!

victortrav
12-01-2007, 05:53 PM
let me know when where and what

SDguy
12-01-2007, 06:10 PM
No problem....gives us time to plan out the system, once we get schematics of the current system...

MichaelRyanSD
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
You know what vinny...the other day I was thinking about what I could donate to the community to give back a little...the first thing on my mind was I was going to donate about 15lbs of LR,I was doing to donate something monthly basically to the first person who pm'ed me for it, but I couldn't think of a better person to receive my first donation....for JoJo he can have 20lbs and some button polyps coral....

coral diver
12-01-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm so sorry guys and gals i know all of you are all pump up and ready to go but i have to ask Vinny and Gustavo for a re-schedule of this huge project that your doing for me i just got home an hour ago to get some things and right now i have to back to the hospital pick up my wife, daughter and grandaughter to take them home plus my small apartment is a mess Me and Cita would like to thank each and everyone for all your help and supports specialy Vinny and Gustavo for all their effort and i will start cleaning our little place and get thing ready to welcome all of you again THANK YOU

malachai629
12-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Looking forward to it, JoJo. Take all the time you need, we'll all be here for you when you're ready.

vinny73
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
JoJo, can you please post some pics of your setup? Would like to see what we are up against.

Chanas4
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Closed loops need drilled dont they? His isnt drilled.

SDguy
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
No, I don't think a closed loop will be an option. Just a better sump pump, and power heads in the tank that don't shut off. :D

vinny73
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
His tank is glass as well. I can do a submersed intake with a screen attatchment on the end and have the returns circle the rim of his tank. The design is up to him, I'm just the plumber.

vinny73
12-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Not a big fan of powerheads. I like peter's design on his closed loop, I was figuring on something just like his! Except I don't think anyone is gonna donate a Hammerhead! Kamile's snapper would be perfect!

SDguy
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes, the melev type non drilled CL will work....I was just under the assumption that only the main sump pump was the problem, along with poor power strips....

vinny73
12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
No, it was just the return pump. The dreaded RIO pump melted and tripped his breaker. So the powerheads were okay, just had no power. Hey peter, do you have the link to that Melev's site? I saw it once and remembered the gentleman had some great stuff on there.

Chanas4
12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Closed loops need drilled dont they? His isnt drilled.

vinny73
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Sue, a closed loop doesnt need to be drilled. It is just easier and nicer when it is. Considering his tank is occupied, it would definately make it harder if we did drill it. My understanding the definition of a closed loop is that the intake and discharges are allways submerged.

victortrav
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
i think we have a few computer ups at the office that i have access to, that a powerhead can be attached to that would be a last line of defence but it would provide a bit of circulation and an alarm if there is a power loss again.

Chanas4
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
ahhhh thanks

coral diver
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone just got home few hours ago cook, eat now getting ready to clean up for tomorrow Monday work day and Vinny yes will get that picture up for you wow I'm beat i will talk to every one tomorrow and see you guys at the meeting tomorrow and please Peter e-mail me the place and time of the meeting thank you everyone.

gvidal14
12-04-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm glad things are back on track JOJO. I am ready as soon as you are. I know Vinny and everyone else is too. Take care my friend.

Chanas4
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
So what is the plan here? Is this still going this weekend or next weekend

RussM
12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
So what is the plan here? Is this still going this weekend or next weekend

Ditto...

WanaLeime
12-08-2007, 02:04 AM
me three......????

Mr.Chewbacca
12-08-2007, 03:33 AM