PDA

View Full Version : Premium Renewal Process

Yolo
11-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Well...I saw $33 shoot out of my checking account this AM and complained to PayPal...My argument and/or concern was that I did not Authorize it. It merely happened. I originally sent in a Premium Membership using Paypal, but did not authorize continual renewals.

It would have been nice to have an email reminding me that in 30 days my Premium Membership was going to expire, etc.

Anyway, funny how you get Cut off FAST (minutes) but when you renew it takes weeks.

Please process my refund and I will decide if I want to contribute to this board's finanaces on my own terms.

Also, if you remember, I wanted to do a name change at the same time.

Thank you

Mike

victortrav
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
funny how that works isnt it i see quite a few people complain about how long it takes to get premi.

acbaldwin
11-16-2007, 10:05 AM
I never liked the way the paypal subscriptions worked. Obviously Paypal isn't going to change anytime soon, but could SDReefs possibly send an "update subscripton" notice? That would be a good feature to have.

h20poloman
11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
had that happen to me also...I know RC says that it will be an automatic renewal when you subscribe so it's your responsibility to cancel beforehand. I don't recall what it said when I subscribed to SDreefs.

Daniel
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
An e-mail 1-2 weeks prior to suscription expiration would be ideal...

Or at the very least a disclaimer like the RC membership mentioned above.

Otherwise some people will be surprised to see money automatically taken away since most people usually forget about these things after a year!

I know on Nano-Reef, you can check your paid membership status (and when it expires) by clicking somewhere in UserCP. If we had that option we could just view our profiles and have easier access to figure out when our expiration date is.

EDIT: nevermind, i found it!!!

Click -- UserCP > Paid Subscriptions (under Miscellaneous)

This is where you can find out when your membership expires...

rudy
11-16-2007, 11:59 AM
I got an email on the 11th stating that my premium membership would expire soon, I wonder why others didn't get one.

DaChrisDude
11-16-2007, 12:04 PM
I never got one, then my preminess just cut out...

Redeye
11-16-2007, 12:19 PM
It does say when you subscribe here that it WILL be a automatic withdrawl every year
That was the main reason I did'nt want to do it for the longest time

rudy
11-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I never got one, then my preminess just cut out...
Cool, let's start talking about Chris in the premi lounge:D

Well, I just checked paypal, and sdreefs charged me twice.
The automatic charge and the charge when I renewed after the email. sucker.:mad:

SolRo
11-16-2007, 03:04 PM
it does tell you it auto renews every year, but i canceled as soon as i paid the first one, so no auto renew for me if I don't feel like it.

h20poloman
11-16-2007, 03:19 PM
thanks for that info Stan...just cancelled mine so that it doesn't auto renew every year...I hate when things do that.

afitzwater
11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
wow thats bull****... let us know how things turn out

DaChrisDude
11-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Cool, let's start talking about Chris in the premi lounge:D

You mean you aren't already? I'm hurt! :rolleyes:

Perhaps I shall renew...

Yolo
11-19-2007, 07:13 AM
So I posted comments about how I did not want to renew Automatically (which occured via Paypal). "Someone" decided in seconds to deactivate my account, even though they have my money.

At this point in time Paypal says tough luck you need to cancel these after you pay, so you have to go to the history, details, etc and cancel the subscription. Otherwise it renews.

So, "Someone" either find the person who has the payment and have "them" paypal me back my monies or COMMUNICATE with me and keep the monies and let me post it towards a new name like I asked for before.

thank you

Mike

:confused:

Nick_Kun
11-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Wow, that's something.

dbrooks
11-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Well...I saw $33 shoot out of my checking account this AM and complained to PayPal...My argument and/or concern was that I did not Authorize it. It merely happened. I originally sent in a Premium Membership using Paypal, but did not authorize continual renewals.

It would have been nice to have an email reminding me that in 30 days my Premium Membership was going to expire, etc.

This is why I am not a PM. I hate the auto-renewal function. I already have too many of those that need to keep track of...

SDguy
11-19-2007, 07:56 AM
On RC, if you cancel your subscription, or change the funding source = canceling the subscription as far as paypal is concerned, your "I support" logo disappears immediately, regardless of technically when your sudscription actually expires. I would assume SDreefs is the same. So Mike, you didn't cancel your subscription OR change your funding source prior to losing your "I support" logo? That's strange....

Yolo
11-19-2007, 08:09 AM
I believe nothing would have happened if I had not posted that post...I think it was done manually, because by coincidence, it happened right after my post. No formal, professional email or PM was ever or has ever been sent to me as of yet.

I don't think that is any way to treat a "paying customer".

m

SDguy
11-19-2007, 08:23 AM
I just don't see why SDreefs would pull your support logo when you were complaining about the renewal process that is controlled by paypal, and not SDreefs.

Just being devil's advocate I guess. Hope it all works out for you though...

gvidal14
11-19-2007, 01:33 PM
All I know is no matter how many times you call or how many pm's you send, these bas%$#&* never get back to you.

Yolo
11-19-2007, 05:44 PM
That yolo_062004 is a whiny, cry baby, and he needs his diaper changed!

Howz that for my first post!:eek:

Technoviking
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Mike

I said I would take up your struggle with Jason when I talk to him next, unfortunately, I haven't been able to contact him in almost a month. That is why alot of the updates have not been completed also. And again, I have no say/control over the premium members thing.

EDIT: Yes, all the premium subscriptions are done automatically, apparantly it's just buggy :confused:

Yolo
11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I appreciate it. Your hands are tied understandably. Funny someone found the time to disable my account, keep my $ and not communicate with me. If I agreed to the binding renewal, no problem. Let me know, I will say my bad, and we can flip my account back to ORANGE and lesson learned.

No biggie, Cox cable did the same thing!

Technoviking
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Mike

That's odd, I was not aware that anybody could manually disable a paid account. I think the software just got tied up and confused somewhere. Don't worry, this is at the top of my list.

Yolo
11-20-2007, 06:35 AM
then its set beyond 12 months because when I went back into Paypal, I had paid in June...this event occured in Nov.
thx
m

Nick_Kun
11-20-2007, 06:40 AM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/characters/f040.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)