PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start a Mobile Oilchange/Maintenance business

unix858
11-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Since I love working on my car and my friends and family's cars I wanted to start a maintenance van/truck. After researching, it seems that the market is not too saturated with that type of business. I also know someone who has a mobile detail van that i can probably partner up with.

Anyone have any info or anyone business minded, please chime in. I would love to talk business or partner up with someone.

hmm imagine getting you oil change done/brakes/etc and get you tank cleaned/maintained or get livestock delivered to your door? LOL jk

loose-electron
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
expenditures to get going vs. income study that out very carefully.

Also - you open some nasty liability and hazardous materials questions with what you are doing. The detailing business is not the same game - so you may have some special licensing and permit issues.

also, stop by a bookstore and get an intro book on starting and running a small business.

my 2 cents worth...

Redeye
11-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I know someone that does this on Diesel engines, drives around in a box truck filled with everything you could ever want
Makes great money doing it too

People are lazy, so a mechanic that comes to you is good business
I mean come on, I clean peoples fish tanks for a living, and make decent money doing it:)