PDA

View Full Version : FS: 140-ish lbs of live sand

Bulldog
11-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Sorry I don't have actual pictures, but below is the closest picture I could find. That's roughly how it looks to me anyway. :)
http://www.carib-sea.com/Catalog%20new%20pics/Web%20Ready%20Photos/00020.jpg

This is the substrate from the 125g FOWLR that I had running for the last two years. It was just taken out yesterday and is currently sitting in my house in a 5g bucket and a medium size tote. (I transitioned the livestock into a 180g reef.)

The weight is not entirely accurate because I don't remember how much I put in a couple years ago. The 5g bucket weighs 66 lbs (including bucket & water to just over the top of sand). The tote weighs 82.5 lbs (including tote & water to just over the top of sand).

It is not amphipod/copepod rich, but it's gotta beat what they sell in the bags. :D The system did have various algaes growing (diatoms, cyano, etc.) so the sand isn't pristine, but it's definitely biologically active. It was in a 125g, after all!

Don't know what other questions might come up, but you're welcome to PM me. I'm located near Temecula and am looking to get $50 for all of it. (But I'd like to keep the tote.)

Bulldog
11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Okay...due to the lack of interest, I'm assuming $50 is too high...

How about "make me an offer"? :D (cash or trade)