11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah we got this one lol.

afitzwater
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
i sure as hell hope so... go chargers

colts are 7-1 right?

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
yeah the colts are 7-1. They lost last week to the damn patriots. Geez i hate both of them...

Bogg
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I think we should start Volek.

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
no its all about charlie whitehurst! His time has come....hahah

Bogg
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Were you guys watching the vikings game when peterson got hurt?. MRI tomorrow. I say hes out.

Bogg
11-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Even if we lose this game were still in first wow.

Bogg
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah Sproles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

afitzwater
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
thats what im talkin about!!!!!!!!!

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
wow...

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
cromartie is a stud!

afitzwater
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
cromartie is a stud!

so am i

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
hahahah ill take your word for it dude

dc_909
11-11-2007, 05:55 PM
2 for Sproles

afitzwater
11-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Go chargers!!!!!!!!

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
rivers is suckin it big time!!!

Nick_Kun
11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Go Chargers!!!!

wtfitzphat
11-11-2007, 07:18 PM
i'm at work right now and chargers are currently winning. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

Diver Dan
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
We just won for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

afitzwater
game over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogg
I cant believe they missed that field goal!!!!!!!!!

Diver Dan
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

h20poloman
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
He must have money on the game to miss that....Vin doesn't miss those :D

Diver Dan
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I cant believe he missed either!!!:p

Diver Dan
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Casn you believe our punt returns?:eek:!!!!!

h20poloman
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
nail biter...still not over

h20poloman
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Nice!!!

aquacultureCS
How lucky did we get?!!!?

6 int for Manning too!!!

Bogg
I cant believe it that was a freaking great game.

imHUNG
what a game!!!

afitzwater
hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick_Kun
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
***** Yeah!

temec_lover
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Chargers Win!!!!!!!

SDFISHMAN
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
What a headache.. Crazy game just glad its over..

Bogg
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
I know I was actually seeing stars when he missed the field goal.

MichaelRyanSD
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
How pathetic was our offense though...I mean really....I'll take a win any day, but cmon, someone needs to ask the question...when are they going to fire up again like last year?

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
when they take norv outta there and bring cam back as oc....

afitzwater
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
How pathetic was our offense though...I mean really....I'll take a win any day, but cmon, someone needs to ask the question...when are they going to fire up again like last year?

a win is a win.... ill take it either way bitter betty!!!!!

Redeye
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
I hate rivers

GoTakuF1
11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Heh, you guys are funny. Don't get your panties twisted up in a bunch. A win is a win (even over a battered champion team). Rivers was better today than last week - Volek/Whitehurst? Are you guys serious?! These guys started a combined, what, 8 pro games?

Norv was the biggest goof of the day for not running LT/MT during the downpour. Withrow + Rivers + Olivea + rain vs. Colt's DE's = turnovers. LT looked pissed at him at the end of the game. It was nice to see Norv got into Olivea's face after his brainfarts, though. We need Hardwick back and the rest of the Oline to step for next week for sure!

On the positives, Nanee/Chambers looked promising. Defense looked great, Cro was AWESOME and Sproles just had today comin' for a long time!

swissfish
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Rivers was better today than last week Volek/Whitehurst? Are you guys serious?! These guys started a combined, what, 8 pro games?

Are you freaking kidding me???? If he doesen't step it up soon it will be a Chicago/Grossman situation here, when they win inspite of him.
The offence as a unit doesn't look good at all but it should be up to PR to go into the huddle speak with autorothy and make the magic happen.

D looked good but only half of the yards they gave up in the second half can be put away with Manning.

Bogg
11-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I was joking about volek but Rivers is just not on his game. I dont know what his deal is this season. I hope they get it together though and yeah today was a really really lucky win. But a win.

GoTakuF1
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Are you freaking kidding me???? If he doesen't step it up soon it will be a Chicago/Grossman situation here, when they win inspite of him.
The offence as a unit doesn't look good at all but it should be up to PR to go into the huddle speak with autorothy and make the magic happen.

D looked good but only half of the yards they gave up in the second half can be put away with Manning.

Well he played better today than last week, which means he was horrible last week. In any case, Volek or Whitehurst would not do any better in there. They don't take practice snaps with the 1st stringers so no chemistry with the starting receivers. Volek has not started a game in how long? Whitehurst, though has potential, has no experience.

Rivers have been playing very poorly, however, the offense's struggle was not entirely his fault in this game. The play calling was off, this game should've been a LT/MT show. Oline oftentimes broke down. Stupid penalties, etc. The entire offensive unit didn't play together. You can't just blame it on one guy.

swissfish
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM
as long a PR gives us the best change at winning he should be in there. but the heat should be on to make IT happen.

GoTakuF1
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I was joking about volek but Rivers is just not on his game. I dont know what his deal is this season. I hope they get it together though and yeah today was a really really lucky win. But a win.

I think it's a multitude of reasons:

-Defensive coordinators can game plan against his tendencies after a full season's collection of videos, like his inability to move around the pocket efficiently, easily rattled and highly emotional, staring down his receivers, etc.
-Without McCardell and Parker, his most trusted wideouts in clutched situations, he does not have the same level of trust. Remember, he practiced with these guys since '04. As a result, his go-to guy is now only Gates whom teams have been double/tripple covering. We also found out that VJ and Floyd are not the great wideouts we had hoped for. Davis, Nanee, Chambers, though have massive potential haven't had the time to developed the same trust with Rivers.
-Norv, in the first couple of games, forced him into a role he wasn't completely ready yet as a second year starter. Remember Cam ran a simplified Norv offense when he was here. Norv opened up the books on Rivers.
-Sophmore slumps, these things happen, he'll bounce back if he's the real deal. Otherwise, he'll continue to suffer if Norv doesn't develop him properlly and fall into backup role/obscurity. Look at how bad people were bagging Sheli Manning in his second year starting last year.

GoTakuF1
11-11-2007, 10:23 PM
as long a PR gives us the best change at winning he should be in there. but the heat should be on to make IT happen.

Exactly my point. He's terrible now but he still is our best choice. Volek is just an insurance policy. Whitehurst is our project QB.

pnguy3n
11-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Just got back from the game. All I can say is WOW, and that was the longest tailgating before a game. All the anticipation,and what a game. A win is a win, I'll take it.I need a Cromartie jersey.

GoTakuF1
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Were you guys watching the vikings game when peterson got hurt?. MRI tomorrow. I say hes out.

Good catch, Ryan. I think if he doesn't get hurt too badly today, he will soon. Though he's got endless potential, his upright/physical running style and fearless attitude (jumping over DE's!) won't let him last too long in this league. I hope he learns quick as I'd love to see him develop into the player he's capable of being.

KT-150
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
I can read the sports pages, watch ESPN and the NFL Network this week...YES!

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 10:40 PM
KT-150...thats exactly what i was gonna say! haha

pnguy3n
11-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I can read the sports pages, watch ESPN and the NFL Network this week...YES!

My friends and I were just talking about this. I thought I was just the one.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071112/capt.7c6ad69a771b4c42998dbaf6bfd1824d.colts_charge rs_football_cali105.jpg

SICK!

GoTakuF1
11-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I think I lost my voice right after that pick! Cro will be in Hawaii this year after these performances. Funny how a lot of pundits said he was a bust after his rookie year. Another good draft by AJ. The best part is, all of his picks were from PEYTON to REGGIE WAYNE, one of the best QB/Receiver combos in the league. Cro is the real deal!

imHUNG
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Thats my current wallpaper right now! I feel better about florence leaving after this year now...

nanoreefbro
11-11-2007, 11:20 PM
My friends and I were just talking about this. I thought I was just the one.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071112/capt.7c6ad69a771b4c42998dbaf6bfd1824d.colts_charge rs_football_cali105.jpg

SICK!

My new avatar...:D

pnguy3n
11-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I think I lost my voice right after that pick! Cro will be in Hawaii this year after these performances. Funny how a lot of pundits said he was a bust after his rookie year. Another good draft by AJ. The best part is, all of his picks were from PEYTON to REGGIE WAYNE, one of the best QB/Receiver combos in the league. Cro is the real deal!

I still have my voice,but tom. morning I know for sure it's gone. I know it's a win,and I will enjoy it for at least a week. There are a lot of things to work on, penalties,O-line didn't play so well. Defense was decent, take those interceptions away and Manning was thrashing the secondary. I've notice a trend,the middle of the field is our weak point. Those slant passes really killed us, not being able to stop the opponent on 3rd and long. For now I can watch Sportscenter and Monday night football.

GoTakuF1
11-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Take those interceptions away and Manning was thrashing the secondary. I've notice a trend,the middle of the field is our weak point. Those slant passes really killed us, not being able to stop the opponent on 3rd and long.

I was expecting more from Manning as he could've done worst damage if he had Harrison and Clark in there. Without Jammer, our secondary could've done worst and given up a bunch of big plays. I say bench Dflo and McCree. Start Weddle and Cromartie. Let Dflo play the nickle package.

There is definitely a defensive void in the middle. This is where the D misses Donnie Edwards' play the most. Cooper/Wilhem are still adjusting to being starters and Merriman and Phillips are learning to become more compelte LBs as opposed to just pure pass rushers. Everything will come together, hopefully before the end of the regular season!

It was LOUD there today, "You can't run, you can't run!"

pnguy3n
11-12-2007, 12:12 AM
This is where the D misses Donnie Edwards' play the most.

I totally agree with that statement Minh. I got an early birthday present, I wanted a win. This will def. make my week a lot less stressful. When I'm at the games I notice the little things. This was the most funnest,2nd most stressing to the Pats last yr.,intense, words can't describe all the feelings. Man we need a new stadium too. Freakin' stepping in puddles, there's no good drainage there. HAHA!

GoTakuF1
11-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Agreed! I would've preferred a complete shut-out but I knew it wasn't going to happen and the coaches/players don't learn anything from a shut-out. Sometimes, it's better to win a close game (maybe not exactly like this!). Hopefully they'll have a good week of practice and handle their business at the Jags. That will be a tougher game than today, I think.

WanaLeime
11-12-2007, 01:05 AM
=)

Nuff Said........

11-12-2007, 09:00 AM
I had to watch the game from LA last night so had no internet access. Almost had 3-4 heart attacks last night......Happy to get a win. But, I have to say I didnt feel great about it, like I thought I would driving back to San Diego last night.

Yes, the football gods finally gave us one. Vinatieri makes those kicks in snow. No Harrison, No Clark, No Gonzales, Banged Up Colts line.

My observations:

Our offense is not where it needs to be. Gates 3 catches for 26 yards? Fumbled snaps, that whackey fumble by PR? Rivers is killing me. I dont know if it is coaching but he needs to hit his targets like he has done since probably pop-warner. He doesnt look poised out there in my opinion. Our O-line played better but they dont have the nastiness they are known for this year. Maybe thats coaching. However throw and catch is just what it is, throw and catch. That dude is missing, and I personally would like to see Volek, for a couple of series if Rivers starts throwing up all over the place just to light a fire under his @$$.

Read all the articles on every sport site about the game. The Chargers are getting no credit. LT wasn't happy after the game as well, as he knows they were handed this game on a silver platter. "Our offense had no part in winning that game" I dont know what to make of this up and down year, sometimes they look brilliant and sometime they lok like a 6-10 team. Truly a wierd year.

This is only their first win against an oppoonent with a winning record. They better figure it out quick. Thank you Sproles and Cro.

Jacksonville WILL be a tougher game than the Colts this week. No doubt. Heck, the Tennesee game will be tougher than the Colts this week.

CNCreefer
11-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Rivers is just not on his game. I dont know what his deal is this season.
I would say it's the coaching and offensive coordinator. They need to get some guys to protect Rivers so he doesn't have to throw while running. No pass protection whatsoever.

GoTakuF1
11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Read all the articles on every sport site about the game. The Chargers are getting no credit. LT wasn't happy after the game as well, as he knows they were handed this game on a silver platter.

Chris, I know how you feel bro. Sports pundits are full of it most of the time. I don't get this idea of "we didn't win the game," "the win was given to us." What a load of crap! Sure, the offense looked terrible and they only put on 10 points. Yes, the defense let Peyton score 21 unanswered points in the second half. But was it just enough for the Chargers to win? Hell yeah! Did the Colts lend us Cromartie and Sproles, hell no! Was it a lucky win that Money Man Vinatieri missed the field goal he makes in his sleep? Yes, you can say that. But you can also say that the Colts could've, should've, would've won it too, but they didn't! It took a lot of special teams, a lot of nice breaks and a ton of luck but we won.

I don't think we need to light a fire under PR's ass. He's not an Eli character that needs motivation. He knows he's messing up. I'm sure he knows what he should've done. Motivation isn't his problem. I think it's the opposite, he's putting too much pressure on himself to succeed. I think putting Volek in even for 1/2 a game would be a terrible idea. Unless he's just handing off to LT, he won't be much more sucessful throwing the ball with the pocket collapsing on him.

P.S. Did you guys see a change in LT's play yesterday? He lowered his shoulders a couple of times on Colts defenders as oppose to running out of bounds. I like it when he takes games personally but we need him for the games that count, in the playoffs.

GoTakuF1
11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Gotakuf1/sproles2.jpg

Half man, half amazing! Is this our real life Rudy, or what?

swissfish
11-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I know the offense didn't play well but I am sick of hearing about how Lucky the bolts got.
How Lucky were the colts? Interception in the end zone. Ball gets into the air bounces of the defenders left leg then on the right leg and then gets intercepted!(chargers -3 points) PR fumbles in the end zone (Chargers -7 points), Couldn't hold on to the ball on pat (-1) point.
Total luck points for the colts 11!!!!!!

GoTakuF1
11-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I know the offense didn't play well but I am sick of hearing about how Lucky the bolts got.
How Lucky were the colts? Interception in the end zone. Ball gets into the air bounces of the defenders left leg then on the right leg and then gets intercepted!(chargers -3 points) PR fumbles in the end zone (Chargers -7 points), Couldn't hold on to the ball on pat (-1) point.
Total luck points for the colts 11!!!!!!

I hear you brother. The media bias is rediculous.

Bubba-n-AK
11-13-2007, 10:50 PM
It is Tuesday night and my voice is just starting to come back. I had a blast down in SD last week and the game was great. I think the 12th man won it (Im an Aggie):D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/ArcticTexan/fans2.jpg