PDA

View Full Version : adios amigos

luistwentyone
11-02-2007, 07:41 AM
to all those that give a sh*t, it was fun while it lasted. and to all those that will celebrate my adios, enjoy. I am outta here.

to the technoviking, I am sure you have the power to, can you delete my account or username. thanks.

adios amigos

MichaelRyanSD
11-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Later!!!!

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 07:49 AM
you will be back!

SDguy
11-02-2007, 08:19 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/SDreefguy/smilies/wavey.gif

swissfish
11-02-2007, 08:20 AM
what happened to your avatar.

pk-sd
11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
What the hell is going on here ? I just took few days off and seems everyone is leaving. Did I miss something?

Techknowledgy
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Adios.

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 08:48 AM
and to all those that will celebrate my adios, enjoy. I am outta here.

Anyone who would celebrate a veteran member of this site with a ton of knowledge and contribution leaving is just plain silly. Luis, I hope you reconsider but I can understand why you'd stay away.

For those that haven't been around long enough to know: THIS SITE IS BUILT ON DRAMA. Deal with it! It ain't going to get "better". Super duper nazi moderator or not. Every once in awhile, the pot gets stirred up again. It makes me laugh most of the time but it sucks knowing people are leaving over this stuff.

Hell, I'd bounce too if a lot of the oldies stop contributing and people stop having fun. I'd just be talking to myself :p

nanoreefbro
11-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Later Luis.. Adios..

lth03
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
What going on here?
Isn't this forum is for us to chat and connect to each other?
Life always have drama and all kind of people,deal with it and you will get through just like deal with people at work,deal with the family issue.....Life is constant pressure apply on you,don't give up on it.

supernip
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
is it ok for me to lure some of you guys to nr for the time being then?

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 09:03 AM
is it ok for me to lure some of you guys to nr for the time being then?

Nano-reef is a good distraction from this site but also a great resource. I hope people check it out too.

pk-sd
11-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Seahobby is also a great alternative. It's local. Jeff (ocean1) is a cool guy running that forum.

http://seahobby.com/

barometer
11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
:confused: I hope this isn't just because of some drama. :rolleyes: I thought you wanted to leave before Luis, just take a break from the craziness. :p Don't go, you're a valuable resource and better than the petty crap that's bugging you :cool:

alex4angela
11-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't post up as much as some of you but it doesn't mean I am not reading what goes on the boards. Some of it is funny and some is just wrong. Anyways Good luck and I hope you come back and visit us from time to time. AMG

fishfinger
11-02-2007, 09:42 AM
to all those that give a sh*t, it was fun while it lasted. and to all those that will celebrate my adios, enjoy. I am outta here.

to the technoviking, I am sure you have the power to, can you delete my account or username. thanks.

adios amigos
Being that you are one of my biggest fans and how we get along so well any everything and how we have tangled horns, kissed and made up only to lock horns again I will be sad to see you go.....your a lot of fun but an easy target and basicly good at heart I am sure...But have you not said this all before about leaving and you didn't go anywhere? Oh the drama of it all.......Deja vue.....

jblaze
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Since you're leaving.....
The Cowboys suck
Boxing is not a real sport
George Bush is the greatest President ever

adios amigos

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
The Cowboys suck

The Cowboys do suck.

mazilla
11-02-2007, 09:57 AM
gonna miss you luis, best of luck regulating on fools in other forums.

SDguy
11-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Anyone who would celebrate a veteran member of this site with a ton of knowledge and contribution leaving is just plain silly. Luis, I hope you reconsider but I can understand why you'd stay away.

For those that haven't been around long enough to know: THIS SITE IS BUILT ON DRAMA. Deal with it! It ain't going to get "better". Super duper nazi moderator or not. Every once in awhile, the pot gets stirred up again. It makes me laugh most of the time but it sucks knowing people are leaving over this stuff.

Hell, I'd bounce too if a lot of the oldies stop contributing and people stop having fun. I'd just be talking to myself :p

Celebrating the loss of any contributing member of this community is silly.

However, this *is* a community. A reef community, with people from all walks of life. We should respect that. So frankly, I don't care how long you've been here, how much knowledge you have, or how long you've been in this hobby. If you can't conduct yourself as a considerate, respectful, and mature contributing member of this community, then I will certainly feel no pain for the loss.

Furthermore, the idea that this site is built on drama is awful, which I'm hoping will change with proper administration, so I've got fingers crossed and an optimistic outlook. We'll see....

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Celebrating the loss of any contributing member of this community is silly.

However, this *is* a community. A reef community, with people from all walks of life. We should respect that. So frankly, I don't care how long you've been here, how much knowledge you have, or how long you've been in this hobby. If you can't conduct yourself as a considerate, respectful, and mature contributing member of this community, then I will certainly feel no pain for the loss.

Furthermore, the idea that this site is built on drama is awful, which I'm hoping will change with proper administration, so I've got fingers crossed and an optimistic outlook. We'll see....

Reef Central is a community. They advertise it on their banner. SDReefs is a forum. Where people should be allowed to discuss various topics and say whatever they want, paying or not, politically correct or not.

It's a fact that this site is built on drama. I'm not making it up. When you have people from different walks of life converging on one place, you're going to have drama. It's how you deal with it that makes you a "mature" member. The proper administration can try to shape this place into reef-utopia but at that point, I really don't want to be a part of it. I understand your point, Peter but to be realistic about it, this place won't function the way people want it to function.

swissfish
11-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Louis I know: Big Brother, Technology, Poacher, solro and Fishfinger have to look for someone else to fight with :)
They will miss you:D

MichaelRyanSD
11-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Louis I know: Big Brother, Technology, Poacher, solro and Fishfinger have to look for someone else to fight with :)

You forgot me A-Hole :)

KingRB
11-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Jumping ship?
Cool check you later :cool:

swissfish
11-02-2007, 10:32 AM
You forgot me A-Hole :)

I don't think you were around/involved with the thread when they had to sit in Time out for a while.

Big Brother
11-02-2007, 10:41 AM
noooooooooooooooooooo not luis! no matter how many fights we got in, i always respected you and was able to get along with you outside of the political threads. ill miss you

seahorse_man
11-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Luis I met you once at OG gave you a deal and always liked you and respected you don't leave because of the new admin.

crstjohn
11-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Is this what Homey would have wanted??

unix858
11-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Cmon fellaz... lets stop acting like the girls in "The hills", Laguna Beach, The OC, etc...

You have a lot of input in everything luis... it sucks to lose valuable input in to everything this community talks about. May it be reef, FW, or just straight up FOOLERIES (i likes those).

SDguy
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
SDReefs is a forum. Where people should be allowed to discuss various topics and say whatever they want, paying or not, politically correct or not.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree on that one. I'll never agree with the idea that anyone should be able to say anything anywhere. Flat out. This is the whole "you should be less sensitive...no...you should have more self control" arguement. I don't think there is the one winning side in every instance. But if that is the kind of place the majority of people here want to have, then perhaps I'll have to rethink my participation, like Luis.

It's how you deal with it that makes you a "mature" member. The proper administration can try to shape this place into reef-utopia but at that point, I really don't want to be a part of it.

Yes, it is how you deal with things that makes you mature. Last I checked, threatening people with violence, using derogatory/racist/sexist terms is not my idea of mature. If you think a BB without these things is some weird, over policed reef-utopia, perhaps you are not looking for a reef BB then?

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, it is how you deal with things that makes you mature. Last I checked, threatening people with violence, using derogatory/racist/sexist terms is not my idea of mature. If you think a BB without these things is some weird, over policed reef-utopia, perhaps you are not looking for a reef BB then?

Well, I think my point being you can't control how people behave, what you do have control over is how you let it affect you. I think a BB where people aren't allowed to say what they really think is indeed a bit wierd. Perhaps I'm not looking for a reef bb afterall.

SDguy
11-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Well, I think my point being you can't control how people behave, what you do have control over is how you let it affect you.

Agreed.

And please don't take my last sentence to suggest that you should leave. I reread it and should have worded it differently :) Not at all what I meant to suggest.

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Agreed.

And please don't take my last sentence to suggest that you should leave. I reread it and should have worded it differently :) Not at all what I meant to suggest.

Not at all, I'll be here forever, muahaha :D

iVgOnMaD
11-02-2007, 12:13 PM
noooooooooooooooooooo not luis! no matter how many fights we got in, i always respected you and was able to get along with you outside of the political threads. ill miss you

I think he is leaving because of you Technoviking.....

Oops did I just uncover your secret?

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM

Oh snaps! Don't get banned Ivan ;)

SDguy
11-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Really? I'm so not in the loop.... :o

pk-sd
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Haha....what cover ?;) :D

Therapy
11-02-2007, 12:24 PM
[quote=iVgOnMaD]I think he is leaving because of you Technoviking.....

Ivan
What specifically did techno do to luis to "make him leave" since you have first hand knoweldge, and I am in the dark. Since Luis wont ever be back to let us know himself.
What did techno do to any of you in fact that makes you hate him so?
Cowboys Suck ...like Minh said.

fishfinger
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
The Cowboys suck

LOL.............

fishfinger
11-02-2007, 02:04 PM

Like a hole in the head........considering he brings it on himself......just kiddding:)

fishfinger
11-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Does this mean that Luis and I will not be having our boxing match at OG this weekend like we have all been looking forward to ?

Technoviking
11-02-2007, 02:07 PM

No, you're actually quite behind the curve on that one.

The reason some people don't like me is because I let myself get wrapped up in stupid things in the past, and said some things I should not have.

malachai629
11-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Adieu ! & . . .

Seahobby is also a great alternative. It's local. Jeff (ocean1) is a cool guy running that forum.

http://seahobby.com/

Yup, I always got great answers there.

afitzwater
11-02-2007, 03:19 PM

The reason some people don't like me is because I let myself get wrapped up in stupid things in the past, and said some things I should not have.

did you say the 4 letter h word too?! ha

fishfinger
11-02-2007, 03:26 PM

Who amoung us has not done that ? I have gotten caught up in things here and said a few things I wish I could take back. Let him who is without this flaw cast the first stone . :cool:

Jessy
11-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Who amoung us has not done that ? I have gotten caught up in things here and said a few things I wish I could take back. Let him who is without this flaw cast the first stone . :cool:
oh where's a picture of a rock when you need one? ;) :p

dj9264
11-02-2007, 03:40 PM
You forgot ageism: going after Dr. James Watson for looking elderly. Really?

If you can't play nice take your ball (boring drama) and go home.

No tears here either.

iwantone
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Politics on a reef forum. Talk reef here, go for politics elsewhere. That being said he must be a liberal as they always want to cut and run J/K.

GoTakuF1
11-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Man, you guys are like The Patriots, keep pillin' it on after it's over.

Poacher
11-02-2007, 07:08 PM

Dang Luis,

Who else are we going to pick on? You make us look good when you fight for the other side. J/K:D :D :D

Remember, reefing is what brings us together!:cool: :cool: :cool:

aanntthhoonnyy
11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Luis, I still have the information you sent me about the Boxing Gym. Would it be alright If I contacted you in the future about it.

I'm financially stable again :)

Techknowledgy
11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry to see you go Luis. Honest. Now we can't form a gang here!

Civility, even in down and dirty discussions is doable. Saying just plain hurtful things is not.