PDA

View Full Version : 10g nano (1st salty)

SDRotary
02-19-2004, 10:53 PM
this is my 1st salty tank after about a year of research. It is a normal 10G, 65w pc 50/50, ~8lb live rock, 10lb ls, zo's 2 feather dusters, small ($5) frag of gsp and assorted snails and a few crabs.

SDRotary
02-19-2004, 10:54 PM
close up of fd

SDRotary
02-19-2004, 10:55 PM
5g mantis home

MarLooney
02-19-2004, 11:23 PM
one year of research and you bought one of the most aggressive damsels out there. but then again... you have a 10gal he might be the only fish in there. actually dominoes are one of my favorite damsels but they always wanna fight other small fish. good luck with it. what kind of filtration are you running? i'm helping a friend with her 10gal. don't know of any skimmer good for such a small tank. you should get a diff thermometer... you'll have to move that one to get to algae growing there. is that shark a magnet cleaner? LMAO!!!!! :D

you rock!

seriously though... how much is it and where'd you get it?

SDRotary
02-20-2004, 09:09 AM
I am running a old penguin mini with no media and a ~80 gph power head, other than that 10% water changes weekly. Yeah the domino is a (female dog) and it has been moved to the mantis tank as of two days ago :D , the yellow tail damsel can stay though. The shark was given to me so I had to do something with it an no it isnt an algae cleaner, got a magfloat for that.

I have a 180 also and it is filled with, gasp, freshwater fish! I know that is taboo around here but I like my bichirs/gars/knife too. It will be a reef as soon as I can upgrade them/convince the gf its needed. Here is a pic of my 180 and the one I need to convince

MarLooney
02-20-2004, 04:45 PM
good you moved the damsel... lets see how tough it is when it trys to play with a mantis... mwuhahahahahah... :D

daymn it's not a magnet cleaner!

don't trip freshwater is cool too. i have a nice breeding pair of Neolamprologus Pulcher (Daffodil) Tanganyikan cichlids that i'm still keeping. i'd have a full tank of Tanganyikans if not for the fumigation my house just went through.

that 180 will make a nice upgrade. HAHA yer GF is posing with the tank. that's OK though... it's a mazda so that makes sense.

zoom zoom ><

SDRotary
02-21-2004, 10:46 PM
I also just got a red sea xenia head from Acoustic's dad and I want to make sure he knows how much I apprecuiate it :D He was a great guy and I need to get him some of my shrooms asap. pics to follow.