PDA

View Full Version : 'New Admin'

Pages : [1] 2

coral diver
10-31-2007, 05:53 AM
Technoviking if i may suggest an introduction to group would be appropriate since its a surprise to us and me and also where can we put our suggestion like on the board and will you have full control of this site.

swissfish
10-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Technoviking if i may suggest an introduction to group would be appropriate since its a surprise to us and me .

He must be from sweden since the vikings came from there.

Time for speculations!

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 06:52 AM
He must be from sweden since the vikings came from there.

Time for speculations!

hope he's not a Minnesota Vikings fan :p

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 06:54 AM
He's a swedish raver.

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Ok so here it goes...
I am a member of this site, but I am choosing to keep myself permanently anonomous as I think that will be best for a community like this. I may have full control over the site at some time but that's not what I am here for, I am here to preform the maintenance Jason can no longer spend the time doing. If anyone else has any questions please feel free to ask.
----------------------------------------
And yes Emo it seems you know who Technoviking is ;)

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 07:32 AM
As long as he keeps in mind that the Premium members actually have skin in the game. It makes me crazy when great deals come along and are all snapped up by the non-paying registered users on the site.

Also, how about making EVERYONE re-enroll and give more information about their tanks, experience and any other information that helps. We can't help people who say. "My clown fish is depressed. Any reason why that might be." and that is ALL we know. It becomes 20 questions.

Also a DIY Forum would be nice, with some stickys.

Thanks for being here.

mazilla
10-31-2007, 07:43 AM
As long as he keeps in mind that the Premium members actually have skin in the game. It makes me crazy when great deals come along and are all snapped up by the non-paying registered users on the site.

Also, how about making EVERYONE re-enroll and give more information about their tanks, experience and any other information that helps. We can't help people who say. "My clown fish is depressed. Any reason why that might be." and that is ALL we know. It becomes 20 questions.

Also a DIY Forum would be nice, with some stickys.

Thanks for being here.

30.00 bucks a year doesnt not in my opinion constitute "skin in the game". the mod needs to remember non-paying members are as important as those who pay, since we severly out number them. now if you'll excuse me, i have some great deals to snatch.

the fewer the rules the better, i dont like the rule nazi's running around trying to impose their will upon others.

just keepin it real. :D

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Cool, what did I win?

- Nick

Ok so here it goes...
I am a member of this site, but I am choosing to keep myself permanently anonomous as I think that will be best for a community like this. I may have full control over the site at some time but that's not what I am here for, I am here to preform the maintenance Jason can no longer spend the time doing. If anyone else has any questions please feel free to ask.
And yes Emo it seems you know who Technoviking is ;)

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Techknowledgy:
I do recognize that Premium Members have a personal investment in the site, and that will be reflected in the changes. However, this is a community, so it is going to be tricky juggling paying members and still remembering that this is for everyone. So I think the best way is to create a For Sale forum in the Premium Memers Lounge, so Premium Members can give each other chances at their goods before others if they so wish.
---
I do like the more information idea, however at this point it I am not sure how to do it. Possible a mandatory thread in the Members Tank section with all the stats of the tank and a link to that thread in everyone's signature? (When I create the Trader Feedback/Rating Forum every seller must create a thread for members to post feedback about them on and must link this thread before posting in the for sale section)
---
I will keep the DIY Forum in mind, good idea.
---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the feedback

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Mazilla
See my above post and try to keep this civilized.

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 07:53 AM
30.00 bucks a year doesnt not in my opinion constitute "skin in the game". the mod needs to remember non-paying members are as important as those who pay, since we severly out number them. now if you'll excuse me, i have some great deals to snatch.

the fewer the rules the better, i dont like the rule nazi's running around trying to impose their will upon others.

Last time I checked this site is for sale, as a business. As such, I do not think it is the Salvation Army. The owner expects a return on their investment. That return is to some degree, members who pay. As more bennies are added as incentives for paying members, I hope more folks will realize that what they are getting for their money, including the great deals snatched, are worth more than $30.00 a year. Where else can you get what you get here for a dime a day? Try getting completely free Internet access. Connecting to your neighbors wireless router is cheesy.

coral diver
10-31-2007, 08:00 AM
OK then this has been requested early this year if you could add a society/group section where the 3 major group namely SDMAS. SBRS AND NCRMAS can post any of thier activity, meeting date, picture, etc, etc.

malachai629
10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Good to have you, TechnoViking. Good luck to you! Hope we don't drive you too nuts.

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:08 AM
at 2.00 bucks a month, i could give **** all about the opinions of people based on membership payment status. i dont think you should get any more than a pat on the back for supporting the site. like i said before, non payers are what make this place run. feel free to have a community with a few dozen members as opposed to a few thousand, we will see where all the "killer" deals go.

you guys are killing me with all the rules you are trying to make. this place has been fine the way it is since i joined, i dont see the need to monkey around with it.

barometer
10-31-2007, 08:08 AM
w00t! Thanks Technoviking. If nothing else, this place just needs some attention, glad to hear it's gonna get it :)

I second the DIY forum and especially some kind of rating system. It's time for some history I think, but that ones gonna be tough :rolleyes: :)

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:13 AM
p.s. im not a big fan of regulation imposition, i suppose i will have to pay to make my opinion valid at some point and that is a shame.

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
can we get a "chit-chat" like socalireefs.com, so instead of making multiple threads about questions that have been asked before, you can just quickly ask and get a quick answer. It's like instant messaging.

victortrav
10-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Just a coupla thoughts here.
Why make a political forum that can be blocked thru cp but yet hang the possibility of a fresh water forum. I mean most of us started with fresh water, and alot of us still have them.

and as far as paying members i see it as a return on investment. There will always be a cross section that will not want to pay but reap the benefits of those that are willing to shoulder the load. That is just a fact of life. If you value something you support it, not just use it. That being said being said i think the people that do support should be offered "premium benifits" or rights of first refusal.
victor

coral diver
10-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Just a coupla thoughts here.
Why make a political forum that can be blocked thru cp but yet hang the possibility of a fresh water forum. I mean most of us started with fresh water, and alot of us still have them.

and as far as paying members i see it as a return on investment. There will always be a cross section that will not want to pay but reap the benefits of those that are willing to shoulder the load. That is just a fact of life. If you value something you support it, not just use it. That being said being said i think the people that do support should be offered "premium benifits" or rights of first refusal.
victor
I agree we as a supporter or in just plain simple word paying member should have that option and first say on what should be appropriate like non political topic or simply BASHING other people what else let me thing of it

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:29 AM
there is no load to be shouldered, the majority of funds should be aquired from vendors who use the site. i know they pay a nice monthly fee, your 2 dollars a month is more of a donation than a "buy in". maybe you should write it off on your taxes, that seems to be the only "reward" people should expect.

SDguy
10-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey Maz, what sort of rules are you so concerned about being imposed?

victortrav
10-31-2007, 08:37 AM
heey maz im not concerned with the price of membership and i dont buy alot from here to make much of a diffrence either the information that i get from here is what is of value to me. I also think that if we as a community all pitch in the vendor price would not be as high and there would probably be more vendors due to the fact that they would get a quicker return on their investment.

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey Maz, what sort of rules are you so concerned about being imposed?

any more than there are right now. i dont think people need to jump thru hoops(mandatory posting of tank and stats), i dont thnk the opinions of the donating members should be the only ones considered, i dont think people need to be rated by anybody here for any reason(although i have NEVER flaked), i dont feel that donating members should have access to the great deals and the rest of us(that make the site run) should have to wait.

like i already said, i like the site the way it is. for all your hard earned 2 dollars a month, i feel your neato avitars are benefit enough. i dont think there should even be a premium only section.

all of this debate is making me want to vow to never pay this site in my life. it's not because this isnt a great site, I LOVE THIS PLACE, but i dont want to be on the snobby side of things if this is how premium members roll. everybody thinks that if they put a little cheddar down, they are entitiled to run the show. get of your high horses people, it's 2 bucks a month your clinging to here. all of this makes me want to just burn 2 bucks a month rather than support the ego boost.

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 08:45 AM
Ever belong to a gym, tennis club or golf country club? That fee, like the fee for this site is not tax deductible. Go down to Singing Hills and tell them you want to play 18 holes for free. See what they tell you. We should all be willing to pay for goods and services, and advice is a service, that is offered to us. Nothing of any value is free. It is like the folks who have drunk the cool-aide- I don't want to pay taxes, but I want a strong military, good schools, nice roads, street lights that work, police that respond, emergency services when I need them, and on and on. Someone has to pay for it. If it is of no value, don't use it. -
Now.... headed for my popcorn machine.

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm with you on a lot of this, mazilla. I don't really think there should be a lot of changes in rules here. And I really don't think us premies should have any significant advantages over the regulars than we already have. Half the reason for the private forum is so that premies can get a "first dibs" kind of thing when the seller wishes. I was a regular member since... 04? 05? whatever it says up here^^^^
Anyways I just coughed up the money not for the benefits and not as an investment, but because this site is one of the best around and I felt it was the right thing to do. And I wanted an avatar :p.

I just don't enjoy the holier than thou attitude that some of us premies get.
Yep Roland, with no disrespect, you're included. :)

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Ever belong to a gym, tennis club or golf country club? That fee, like the fee for this site is not tax deductible. Go down to Singing Hills and tell them you want to play 18 holes for free. See what they tell you. We should all be willing to pay for goods and services, and advice is a service, that is offered to us. Nothing of any value is free. It is like the folks who have drunk the cool-aide- I don't want to pay taxes, but I want a strong military, good schools, nice roads, street lights that work, police that respond, emergency services when I need them, and on and on. Someone has to pay for it. If it is of no value, don't use it. -
Now.... headed for my popcorn machine.

an exchange of goods and services(including advice) is a done deal. as long as i contribute one piece of knowledge to this data base, i should be free to reap the benefits. are you telling me that only paying members give advice? at what point does it cost me to recieve the info, and yet i can give it for free? if thats the case, i want compensation for every shred of info i have ever given. now if you guys want to set up a complete segregation of paying vs. non paying thats fine. but i'll be damned if i can give info for free, and still be blocked from that which is owed to me. like you said, nothing is free. where is my compensation??

can i get some support from the other contributing, non paying members? if you all keep quiet your gonna end up ass'd out.

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 09:05 AM
I would like to be a mod!!!!
I am on here everyday almost all day!
LMK!
Thanks
Trever

SDguy
10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
any more than there are right now. i dont think people need to jump thru hoops(mandatory posting of tank and stats), i dont thnk the opinions of the donating members should be the only ones considered, i dont think people need to be rated by anybody here for any reason(although i have NEVER flaked), i dont feel that donating members should have access to the great deals and the rest of us(that make the site run) should have to wait.

like i already said, i like the site the way it is. for all your hard earned 2 dollars a month, i feel your neato avitars are benefit enough. i dont think there should even be a premium only section.

all of this debate is making me want to vow to never pay this site in my life. it's not because this isnt a great site, I LOVE THIS PLACE, but i dont want to be on the snobby side of things if this is how premium members roll. everybody thinks that if they put a little cheddar down, they are entitiled to run the show. get of your high horses people, it's 2 bucks a month your clinging to here. all of this makes me want to just burn 2 bucks a month rather than support the ego boost.

Oh, that's cool. Those are none of the things I suggested :)

SDguy
10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
I also agree with Victor I'd much rather see a FW forum before a politics forum (and I've never even kept FW tanks :D ).

mazilla
10-31-2007, 09:34 AM
I also agree with Victor I'd much rather see a FW forum before a politics forum (and I've never even kept FW tanks :D ).

yeah, a fw forum would be nice and a lot better(and more peacefull) imho than a politics forum.

Jessy
10-31-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm TOTALLY for the rating system. I'm SO sick of wasting my days for people who notoriously flake. It's not a premi vs non premi thing for me....it's a respect issue. As for the premi lounge. I think things are fine there. We don't need a FS section. Anytime a premi wants to offer something we do it anyway, so no need to make a whole section for it.

Daniel
10-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Ya, go rating system! :D

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
I am all for a rating system. A lot of the other boards have credibility points you can give to people. I am with Jess. I do not have time to stand around in the parking lot waiting for someone to show up, or not return my phone calls or emails.

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 10:27 AM
iTrader does a good system.

And really I think we oughtta have one all-encompassing rule.

"If you are an over-the-top ******* who can't show some common courtesy, you will be censored and/or banned"

Just one man's (quite valid, important, and smart) opinion :rolleyes: :D

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
if it gets to the point of segregating non-paying and paying forums, its adios for me, not that any of you will miss me.

might as well create a Mexican only forum, how you like them apples ?

an exchange of goods and services(including advice) is a done deal. as long as i contribute one piece of knowledge to this data base, i should be free to reap the benefits. are you telling me that only paying members give advice? at what point does it cost me to recieve the info, and yet i can give it for free? if thats the case, i want compensation for every shred of info i have ever given. now if you guys want to set up a complete segregation of paying vs. non paying thats fine. but i'll be damned if i can give info for free, and still be blocked from that which is owed to me. like you said, nothing is free. where is my compensation??

can i get some support from the other contributing, non paying members? if you all keep quiet your gonna end up ass'd out.

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
iTrader does a good system.

And really I think we oughtta have one all-encompassing rule.

"If you are an over-the-top ******* who can't show some common courtesy, you will be censored and/or banned"

Just one man's (quite valid, important, and smart) opinion :rolleyes: :D

Yeah! But i want to do it!!! Trever the Moderator!:D It sounds good! Doesent it?

victortrav
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
i second trevor for moderator

mmoore0803
10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
I've been a non-paying member for awhile too. I pay for my RC membership b/c I want the search capabilities. I enjoy this site and many others but I don't feel it necessitates a fee to use.

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Vote for Trever.

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 10:43 AM
if it gets to the point of segregating non-paying and paying forums, its adios for me, not that any of you will miss me.

might as well create a Mexican only forum, how you like them apples ?

Luis, there is already a seperate Premium lounge, and it has NOTHING to do with race, political orientation, or anything else. It is not an exclusive club, just only open to people who are paying members. If there was a Mexican only forum, there would be like three of us in it! How boring! :D

barometer
10-31-2007, 10:44 AM
I enjoy this site and many others but I don't feel it necessitates a fee to use.

I don't think anyone's saying that paying should be required to use this site. I hope that isn't the message that's being inferred. Those who do pay I feel get their money's worth already. I do it to support the site.....period. But not everyone is going to feel that way. The avatar and big PM box are nice extras. But definitely not anything worth segregating the community over :cool:

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Yay!!! Everyone jump on the bandwagon we are going to the white house! Victor you can be the secretary of defense and roland can be the advisor, maybe andrew can be the senate and jess can be the congress, Ed can be the peace outreach comittee! Lets get our own little SdReefs govenment going here!

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Luis, there is already a seperate Premium lounge, and it has NOTHING to do with race, political orientation, or anything else. It is not an exclusive club, just only open to people who are paying members. If there was a Mexican only forum, there would be like three of us in it! How boring! :D

my point was "segregation"

Jessy
10-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Also I think the chat box on socalireefs.com would be a HUGE benefit to this website. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEE add one.

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Also I think the chat box on socalireefs.com would be a HUGE benefit to this website. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEE add one.

I dont like the fact that they put it on every thread, it gets kind of annoying, but maybe we can just put it on the main page!

Oh and please no ads! There is not forum that annoys me more than nanoreef.com! I dont like the fact that you have to scroll through a half a page of ads just to see a picture of a tank.

Other than that i like all of these suggestions!:)

Vote Trever for Moderator!:)

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
my point was "segregation"

I know. It is already here my friend. Try to get into the Premium Lounge. No Sirve. It is like the beer garden at Over the Line...... gota be in OMBAC to go in. Is that segregation? Yes, it is just age dependent and geographical not racial. No one is advocating that here.

You have an avitar because you posted that before that changed. Try this..... go to your user CP and try to change it. :D :eek:

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
.......Try this..... go to your user CP and try to change it. :D :eek:

lol, oh no thanks, I'll take your word for it, who do you think I am george bush ?

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I would never insult you.

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Yay!!! Everyone jump on the bandwagon we are going to the white house! Victor you can be the secretary of defense and roland can be the advisor, maybe andrew can be the senate and jess can be the congress, Ed can be the peace outreach comittee! Lets get our own little SdReefs govenment going here!

hey sounds good as long as I can have lots of flight stewardess interns! :D
here's a vote for trever as mayor or whatever it is we're voting on!

Ed I think that you are spot on, putting into words what I am not smart enough to say. I think premies get their money's worth already, we don't need to overdo it.:)

EDIT: Their, not they're or there! :rolleyes:

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Ok guys this is quickly going south.
Feedback Forum
This forum would be heavily moderated to keep it from turning into mud-slinging. There will be guidlines to posting feedback on somebody, and it will not be retroactive (meaning you can't post about things that happened in the past)
Freshwater Forum
This probably will be set up, it is just at the bottom of the list
Political Forum
That idea was just proposed to try to keep the lounge clean.
Moderators
I already have one person in mind that I will ask shortly, and if I determine that we need another one a vote will be held
New Rules
Trust me when I say I am not here to add a bunch of rules and regulations, I just want this forum to act as a true community.
---
Anyone else want something addressed?
-------------------------------------------------------
Technoviking

mazilla
10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
"true community".... seeing as you will run this site as you see fit, the only question i have is what do you believe a true community is? george bush, ghandi, hitler, ahmanadinajadadawhatever, and mother theresa all have/had their own definitions of community, some obviously more pleasing than others; whats your personal philosophy?

just curious...

acbaldwin
Technoviking

Well I've got about sixty Christmas cards that need addressing if you want. :p :D :D

SDguy
Ed I think that you are spot on, putting into words what I am not smart enough to say. I think premies get their money's worth already, we don't need to overdo it.:)

What, am I the only one who only became a premie for the avatar :eek:

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 11:51 AM

No, i did it too... I did not even find the premi section until 3-4 weeks after i signed up...:D

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 11:54 AM

You kidding me I did too. What you think, I care about supporting this site or sumthin???? :rolleyes: :D

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
I did it for both. Care and avitar.... plus the extra large mail box is nice..... and the premium lounge, and the 50% off at SWi. Well, all but the last part.

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
"true community".... seeing as you will run this site as you see fit, the only question i have is what do you believe a true community is? george bush, ghandi, hitler, ahmanadinajadadawhatever, and mother theresa all have/had their own definitions of community, some obviously more pleasing than others; whats your personal philosophy?

just curious...

Seeing as I asked every member their opinion I don't think i ever expressed in any way that I will be running it as I see fit. Almost every proposal I laid forth has been suggested by members in the past, I just have the ability to apply the ideas.
------------------------
Good question though. :)
-------------------------
Technoviking

DaChrisDude
10-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Last time I checked this site is for sale, as a business. As such, I do not think it is the Salvation Army. The owner expects a return on their investment. That return is to some degree, members who pay. As more bennies are added as incentives for paying members, I hope more folks will realize that what they are getting for their money, including the great deals snatched, are worth more than $30.00 a year. Where else can you get what you get here for a dime a day? Try getting completely free Internet access. Connecting to your neighbors wireless router is cheesy.

Wait a second...SDreefs is/has been for sale?

And when / where did TechnoViking come along? No offense Technoviking - chances are I've met you before and you're a cool cat - but did I totally miss something somewhere? Who up and gave control to him?

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Seeing as I asked every member their opinion I don't think i ever expressed in any way that I will be running it as I see fit. Almost every proposal I laid forth has been suggested by members in the past, I just have the ability to apply the ideas.
------------------------
Technoviking

wow, a very good diplomatic answer.
so, are you a demon-rat or a repuke-ican ? or are you a real good ol American Independent ?

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 12:55 PM
I thought it was for the inbox;)

barometer
10-31-2007, 12:56 PM
wow, a very good diplomatic answer.
so, are you a demon-rat or a repuke-ican ? or are you a real good ol American Independent ?

LOL, I wonder who's gonna be the first poster in the politics forum if it's created ;) :cool:

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 12:57 PM
LOL, I wonder who's gonna be the first poster in the politics forum if it's created ;) :cool:

dude, he already procalimed me "moderator" of that board !

jk

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Luis, that was one of the funniest things I read all day. I want to post a poll there. But have to word it just right so that it is just that, and not a platform to slam folks who do not agree with your point of view. Differing points of view can get along, as long as we make sure the politics are respectful adult, and not grade school bully.

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
DaChrisDude
I have been talking to Jason for a couple months regarding the care this site needs. And again, I am a member of SDReefs I just decided to keep my identity secret :cool:. I think that will be best
Luis
Thanks for the compliment, and I am a registered Independant ;)
Roland
The politics forum, if added, will be one of the last things added. Just doesnt seem like that high of a priority.

Everyone
I will now accept all applications for moderators, just send me a PM with why you think you should be a moderator.
-------------------------------------------
Technoviking

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
just tell us who you are.

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah! Moore was not this secretive!:D

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh yeah sending PM!

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Diver Dan has my vote.

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 01:45 PM
W00t!!

barometer
10-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Already sent my PM, but Trever's got my vote too :cool:

victortrav
10-31-2007, 01:49 PM
i second seconding mr diver dan aka the trev-meister aka young guns aka sponge dan tight-pants

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 01:52 PM
W00T!!
I have a pretty good idea on who the new admin is!:D
My mouth is sealed!

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Everyone
I have received numerous PM's about the moderating position. I am having a hard time responding to all of them but I will get to you.

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Is this him?

http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/computers/redxed6lq.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

I still don't get why he or maybe she wants to be anonymous.

W00T!!
I have a pretty good idea on who the new admin is!:D
My mouth is sealed!

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Emo
The main reason I choose to remain anonymous is because I don't want people thinking that one certain member has power over the rest. If I get found out it is no big deal, I just think it is better this way.
----
Everyone else?
Technoviking

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 02:22 PM
I guessed wrong... I could have sworn i knew who it was!!!:D

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 02:24 PM
who gives a *uck, unless you have a lot of enemies here. You're already calling yourself a "SUPER MODERATOR".

- Nick

SDguy
10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
I thought it was for the inbox;)

Na, I delete PM's like crazy. Bonus to peoiple that flake on me...I don't keep track :cool:

coral diver
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
The main reason I choose to remain anonymous is because I don't want people thinking that one certain member has power over the rest. If I get found out it is no big deal, I just think it is better this way.
Like i said "I RESPECT YOUR BELIVE YOU RESPECT MINE" just choose wisely my friend. The faith of your sanity depend on your dessition

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
No way peter, someone would actually flake on you....tsk tsk tsk. You should do this to the next flake.

http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/angry/trout2.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

Na, I delete PM's like crazy. Bonus to peoiple that flake on me...I don't keep track :cool:

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 02:34 PM
who gives a *uck, unless you have a lot of enemies here. You're already calling yourself a "SUPER MODERATOR".

- Nick

supermoderator is actually a term for moderator with "more than just moderating" powers.

More than a mod, not quite an admin.

KingRB
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
BULL ****
you don't like it then pay the money.

You save way more then that because of this site in one or 2 purchases...

Jessy
10-31-2007, 02:37 PM

- Nick

You know I think it is a smart idea to stay hidden. There is really no need to know him as the admin. Maybe he doesn't want to be seen in any bad way...like what if he wants to buy something and someone does or doesn't want to sell it to the admin for some reason.....what if someone acts up and he has to restrict someone, will they not let him buy off of them later? Or not give him the same deals that they'd give others? Who ever he is, he has another "common" name that he wants to keep as a hobbist and not as admin. I dont' think there is anything wrong with that. I for one am happy that we finally have someone responsive and taking action on this site.

I bet you guys would rebel against any authority figure in your life....this is a forum...its not the end of your life if someone new starts admining.

coral diver
10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Wow this is the first time i posted something that went more than 1 page I'M THE MAN Whooot whooow

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 02:38 PM
acbaldwin
Thank you for clearing that up
KingRB
Please keep this civil
-------------------------------------
Technoviking

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 02:42 PM
acbaldwin
KingRB
Please keep this civil
Technoviking

Just trying to earn brownie points with the new admin! :P jk :rolleyes:

barometer
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/angry/trout2.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

Love the fish slap Nick, this should be included in our default smileys :D

Just trying to earn brownie points with the new admin! :P jk :rolleyes:

You're already the Supreme Master of Awesome. What more do you need :p :cool:

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
That is another thing we need!
More smileys!:D

KingRB
10-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Have you read the post that cat has put up?
and you ask me to be civil?

acbaldwin
KingRB
Please keep this civil
Technoviking

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Trever
Ah! I had been thinking of that but it had completly slipped my mind, it is not a high priority but I will add it to the list.
--------------------------------------------
Technoviking

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Man I like this guy! He is quick!

Most people on SDreefs are worry warts! Change is fine you guys!

barometer
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
and you ask me to be civil?

He did say the same to Maz in post #10. Man this thread has some interest, eh?

KingRB
10-31-2007, 02:49 PM
yet again you cry..
But think of all the good people you have meet because of this site.
But no Premi member ship???

there is no load to be shouldered, the majority of funds should be aquired from vendors who use the site. i know they pay a nice monthly fee, your 2 dollars a month is more of a donation than a "buy in". maybe you should write it off on your taxes, that seems to be the only "reward" people should expect.

Technoviking
10-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Everyone
I want you guys to be able to speak your mind without the fear of getting banned, I will not ban unless there is a good reason.
KingRB
I am not blaming you for anything I just don't want this to turn into a Premie/Normal battle.

coral diver
10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Man I like this guy! He is quick!

Most people on SDreefs are worry warts! Change is fine you guys!
:D SUCK UUPPSSS :D :eek:

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 02:56 PM
How much money have you made because of this site?
And yet you can't give back and become a Premi?

You're yelling at the guy cause he won't donate?:confused:

I'm not trying to get really into it too much but some of his views coincide with my own. Becoming a premie is really about donating and supporting the site, but keep in mind that the site is heavily used by everyone. It exists for the good of everyone here, and there are more ways to contribute than just by money. We could all be premie members but the site isn't worth a damn without the communication and advice passed around here.

KingRB
10-31-2007, 03:00 PM
no not because he wont donate.
because he is getting all crappy about it.

there are many more post he made but i think i made my point.

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 03:02 PM
support who?

KingRB
10-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Mr. VIKING
not tryin to get band or start shiiit.

But my future for sell post will be in the premi lounge with discount before i post to the public.

Everyone
I want you guys to be able to speak your mind without the fear of getting banned, I will not ban unless there is a good reason.
KingRB
I am not blaming you for anything I just don't want this to turn into a Premie/Normal battle.

SDguy
10-31-2007, 03:04 PM
OMG Trevor, you definitely have the most important idea yet. More smilies!!! Love me my smilies :D

I personally think tech keeping his ID secret is fine. I'd like to think that the admin for this site will run it properly, regardless of how they may come across here and there, already as a member. Like political affiliation. I'd like to think that his/her affiliation will have no effect on admin of this website.

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 03:05 PM
no not because he wont donate.
because he is getting all crappy about it.

there are many more post he made but i think i made my point.

Ahh... I think there is possibly a bit of sarcasm lost through the text that maz wrote... I don't think he was getting crappy about it, I don't think I've seen the dude get crappy about anything.

Well since we're talking about more benefits for premies... Can we get a soda machine in the lounge?? PLEAAAAAAASE?????:p

barometer
10-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Agree with Jessy and Peter, I don't mind the anonymity. I feel that mods should not be a different color either for the same reasons Jessy cited. There should be no personal backlash caused by people performing the administrative needs of the board.

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
only time will tell.

SDguy
10-31-2007, 03:17 PM
only time will tell.

True.

C'mon Nick, join the glass-half-full team for now :D

Redeye
10-31-2007, 03:17 PM
ok ok, it's me!

you wish:P

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
ok peter, here's

+ 1 .

SDguy
10-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I should go into sales....

:D

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/misc/1400ti3lz2bf.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

SDguy
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
OK, I'll bite...I don't get it...

Raking leaves?

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM
spring cleaning peter....geez, I was playing charades with ya.

SDguy
10-31-2007, 03:41 PM
The autumn colored leaves threw me off, sorry :cool:

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
oops, I meant to say FALL cleaning. I'm leaving now http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/scifi/spacecraft.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't care if the Super duper mod is anonymous, blue, green or whatever. No biggie. As long as they/we do not cross the "giant butthole Hahahahahahaha your pathetic" line acbaldwin was talking about. Don't want it, don't like it, it accomplishes nothing. Crap like that just needs to be deleted, and the poster Premie/Normie TOLD it is not okay. Open discourse is fine, debate is good, even differing opinions are fine and welcome, but the wild west lapse into name calling stuff is not good. Our user agreement says it is not okay and it has no place here. I am all about free speech, but abuse is just that. (Does Peter get a cut of the sale?)

Big Brother
10-31-2007, 03:56 PM
fiiiiiiiiiiiinally. when are these things going to get done?

techknowledgy, dont play that crap, you have done it just as much as ANYONE here.

as far as the premie thing goes, stop bickering about it. some people will pay (if they think it is worth it) and others wont

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 03:57 PM
haha...

SDguy
10-31-2007, 03:58 PM
as far as the premie thing goes, stop bickering about it. some people will pay (if they think it is worth it) and others wont

Well how else am I supposed to get my bickering quota for the day?...I'm not married ;)

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Waht the? How did you get acess into the premie section?:confused:

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Ahhhh i am turning into Roland!:D:D:D:D:D

Big Brother
10-31-2007, 04:00 PM

?

im talking about the bickering

coral diver
10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Dan i think youre the one that got confused ;)

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 04:02 PM
?

im talking about the bickering

I thought this was the other thread in the premi section...

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Dan i think youre the one that got confused ;)

LOL
that is why i said i pulled a Roland!:D

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/characters/hunter.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/characters/sim51ah.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/characters/hunter.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/characters/sim51ah.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

LOL!:D

that one is going on the smiley selection for sure!

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 04:05 PM
BB.... You do not know me, you have never met me. Take care of yourself. No one else here is pointing out others faults, we are just trying to discuss issues, and what would make this a better place. If you have something constructive to add to the discussion, go for it.

coral diver
10-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Ahhhh i am turning into Roland!:D:D:D:D:DNOOOOOOO :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/angry/ironmaideonavatar.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de) almost to page 10

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 04:08 PM
NOOOOOOO :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

It could be worse. You know what I mean? :p

Nick_Kun
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM
yeah, those hammer pants.

It could be worse. You know what I mean? :p

h20poloman
10-31-2007, 04:13 PM
why is my beloved reefing hobby becoming Jerry Springer...it's like an accident, you have to stop and look

coral diver
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Yah Nick almost 10 pages but less than 20 people in disscution wonder what the rest of the members think if i were the SUPER MOD i will not base my finding and make dessition with what i heard for less than 20 member when there like more than 3,122 registered members.

barometer
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
OMG, you folks roll me :D :D :D

what i heard for less than 20 member when there like more than 3,122 registered members.

I've been wondering about this. How many people are actually active members? I checked out the member list and there are more names on there that I've never seen than I recognize. How do we find out...and what would be considered active?

Big Brother
10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
more than .5 posts a day haha

kinktao
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I have less than a post a day but feel that I'm an active member. I'm constantly on the boards looking at member's tanks, but I hardly enter the lounge since it's normally bickering.

coral diver
10-31-2007, 05:27 PM
I have less than a post a day but feel that I'm an active member. I'm constantly on the boards looking at member's tanks, but I hardly enter the lounge since it's normally bickering.
No need to worry the old timer knows you that we've been around the block a couple of time

nanoreefbro
10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah Jojo I check in every now and then.. Alot of good ideas already posted. I guess only time will tell when the changes are put in place...

KT-150
10-31-2007, 06:06 PM
If anything the larger PM box that premies get is great. But the real reason I turned premie was because the orange bold name just floats my boat.:cool:

barometer
10-31-2007, 06:33 PM

This is why I asked. :cool: I don't think post count means much, 'cause you could visit here every day and not talk and that should still be considered pretty active. :) Is there a way to know which members haven't been here in say a month or something along those lines?

JediReef
10-31-2007, 06:42 PM
I think you can look at a person's profile and it will show when was the last time they logged on. But sometimes I dont even log on. I just check out the site and dont post unless I see something that I can contribute to. Not into the drama that goes on...

coral diver
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes there is if you go to view public profile of the member and to the post you will know when was the last post that the member made

coral diver
10-31-2007, 07:03 PM
And that is only 0.0244% of member that responded to this inquiry not even a whole 1%

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 08:18 PM
1. I know who Technoviking is

2. I see no benefit in becoming a premie member

3. I pay my dues by schooling all you neo-con chicken-hawks

4. my vote is for Trev

KT-150
10-31-2007, 08:26 PM

4. my vote is for Trev

1. Its me

2. bright orange names

3. probably...except when it comes to football and the Chargers

4. I like Obama

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 08:29 PM
1. Its me

2. bright orange names

3. probably...except when it comes to football and the Chargers

4. I like Obama

Obama is tough going to be tough! but i think i can get beat him with the popular vote!:D

KT-150
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Obama is tough going to be tough! but i think i can get beat him with the popular vote!:D

your surfing and numchuck skills will take you over the top!

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah! Dont forget first person to the scen skills! I was first to that junk posted by the pervert!

coral diver
10-31-2007, 08:38 PM
And where are the MODERATOR?

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Not me yet...

nanoreefbro
10-31-2007, 08:58 PM

4. my vote is for Trev

I think I know who is Technoviking to Luis..

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 09:00 PM
I think I know who is Technoviking to Luis..

I retract, I dont know who Technoviking is. I thought it was Kamil

Lucubrator ?????

nanoreefbro
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
If his name is Joseph maybe...:confused:

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 09:05 PM
I aksed him and he said he was not that joseph...:confused:

nanoreefbro
10-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Hmmm then I dont know. His profile said Joseph..:confused:

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 09:13 PM
My question is, How can we not know who it is with his picture in Kamil's avatar... I mean dont we have special image breakdown programs for this? Like on CSI!:D

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 09:15 PM
My question is, How can we not know who it is with his picture in Kamil's avatar... I mean dont we have special image breakdown programs for this? Like on CSI!:D

have you seen the youtube video ? ROFL !

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 09:16 PM
No...

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
No...

my bad, its from break.com:

http://www.break.com/knockedupdvd/all-hail-technoviking.html

Kamil posted it earlier, some funny stuff, mean looking dude walking down the street.....he has the face of "I wanna kill someone"....all of a sudden he starts pulling a Michael Jackson dance !!!!!!!

swissfish
10-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Stalin:confused:

Is that the dude who won the peace nobel price?:D :D :D

swissfish
10-31-2007, 10:05 PM
This is how "problems" on this site will be handeled and disputes resolved.

This is a video of technovikings body guard / hitman:

http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=254266

Diver Dan
10-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow!!!
Dude, that guy is mean! Who is technoviking anyways? Some sort of singer in europe? Crazy!

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow!!!
Dude, that guy is mean! Who is technoviking anyways? Some sort of singer in europe? Crazy!

he is the Swedish Michael Jackson

DaChrisDude
11-01-2007, 12:40 AM
he is the Swedish Michael Jackson

Run little Swedish children, Run!

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 06:40 AM
hahaha, this thread made it to page 11

coral diver
11-01-2007, 07:04 AM
YUP AHHHHH Its my first to made this way far :D AAAAHHHH!!!! 11 PAGES but I'm still not satisfide with the number of people that responded I want more people.

Dakota
11-01-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm confsued... when did we get a new admin? :confused:

coral diver
11-01-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm confsued... when did we get a new admin? :confused: WWWAAAAAHHHH AND THEY CALL YOUR A MODERATOR BUT IN THE DARK WITH WHAT's GOING ON MAN THAT SUCKS POOR ERIC :eek: :D

mazilla
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM
How much money have you made because of this site?
And yet you can't give back and become a Premi?

NONE. i buy more than i sell. so the question should be, how much money have i put into other peoples pocket. given that, like i said already, you are close to being nominated by me to pay my dues.

malachai629
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Ok guys this is quickly going south.
Feedback Forum
This forum would be heavily moderated to keep it from turning into mud-slinging. There will be guidlines to posting feedback on somebody, and it will not be retroactive (meaning you can't post about things that happened in the past)
Freshwater Forum
This probably will be set up, it is just at the bottom of the list
Political Forum
That idea was just proposed to try to keep the lounge clean.
Moderators
I already have one person in mind that I will ask shortly, and if I determine that we need another one a vote will be held
New Rules
Trust me when I say I am not here to add a bunch of rules and regulations, I just want this forum to act as a true community.
---
Technoviking

I like this guy. Pretty straight forward and to the point!

malachai629
11-01-2007, 08:57 AM

I did it to find out what horrible things you all were saying about me in the Premie section :D

mazilla
11-01-2007, 08:58 AM
------------------------
Technoviking

the ability to apply the ideas..... as you see fit. of course, your personal philosophy would determine which of those ideas you gravitate towards. i was just curious which way you would lean on certain topics. you can pm me if you dont want to be put on front street. there is nothing better than a secretive behind the sceens leadership structure. you know, the kinda a **** that makes people dissapear in the night with nobody to blame.i smell SS.

SDguy
11-01-2007, 08:58 AM
I did it to find out what horrible things you all were saying about me in the Premie section :D

Yeah, It's been no fun at all since we had to stop :eek:

Techknowledgy
11-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey Maz,
I think what he was after is how much have you saved by buying from the site. I know that in my very first transaction, with Yolo back in June,the livestock I bought for $40.00 would have cost me $100.00 at a LFS or online. Not even including all of the stuff he just gave me (and has given me since) that the LFS charges 15-20 bucks for. I NEVER would have had access to Mike had it not been for this site. I wish I had stumbled onto it before I spent thousands at AW and OG getting started in January. Membership has value to ME. If you don't want to pay the money, don't. If it has no value to you that is cool. This is not a stick up or a shake down. I hope that as the value of being a member increases we get more people who are willing to pony up.

luistwentyone
11-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah, It's been no fun at all since we had to stop :eek:

explains why my ears are ringing all day :)

malachai629
11-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Stalin:confused:

Kamil, you effing rule. Love the avatar. How's your little one?

mazilla
11-01-2007, 09:16 AM
im going to the gym, i need to burn some of this off so im not such a **** head to the people who DONT deserve it. my bad to those that have to put up with the bickering, im working on it. can anybody say anger managment.....;)

FishBulb
11-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Well I'll tell you that previously I never signed up for premie membership because I remember reading some threads about how it took for ever for some people's accounts to get activated. It's because this site has never had an administrator since I joined and people always complained no one was running this thing. We get porn in threads and people make suggestions that are never implicated. It's nice to see we have a new administrator and maybe that will get things going. I'll say this, Maz is right that if non premium members are no longer welcomed on the boards, it is definitely the premium members that will suffer more from having this community shrink in size to nothing. A new board will spring up elsewhere, and the people will move. Unfortunately, i'll be moving from SD soon when I finish with grad school, so I doubt I'll be around to see the changes from the new administration. In the mean time, I contribute in other ways. Probably about 95% of my posts are only in the reef discussions forum and I only rarely use this site to buy or sell. And even more rarely do I just post one word replies to boost the ever ridiculous post count upwards. Mostly, I only use this site to try to help others in the discussions forums. I specifically search for threads with zero responses and will either answer the question if I can or write any BS just to get them a free bump so someone else can chime it. I've installed RO/DI systems for two board members and asked for nothing in return. Although both quickly gave me frags without my prompting. There may be many reasons why people don't want to pay for premium membership but I wouldn't lump them all into the non-contributors category. I visit several reef boards regularly and multiplying $30 for membership to each one per year certainly can add up. In retrospect, this is probably the one I would like most to have registered for as a premium member because it's probably the one I enjoy the most.

Bulb out.

swissfish
11-01-2007, 09:25 AM
It's time to roll up some herb and chill :)

Technoviking
11-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Kamil
Why do you have to steal my avatar? Seriously... J/K
Dakota
PM'ed you
Everyone
This thread will be closed if it continues to become a Premie/Normie Fight, please keep this thread to the point. I have a hectic day at work today, so I will not be on much
-----------------------------------------------
Technoviking

victortrav
11-01-2007, 11:12 AM
i have a dream that one day normies and premies can walk together into a lfs hand in hand, that all posters can have their voice heard no matter what their post count is.
I have a dream that wether you believe in bare bottom or deep sand bed that all our nitrates will be zero. whether you have metal halides or t5's, that our light cycles will bring forth the bounty of the sea.

or cant we all just get along
:D:D:D

luistwentyone
11-01-2007, 11:14 AM
..... to become a Premie/Normie Fight.......

you premies are just NOT normal, guess it makes you "special" people ;)

I think they have Olympics for you guys

coral diver
11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
i have a dream that one day normies and premies can walk together into a lfs hand in hand, that all posters can have their voice heard no matter what their post count is.
I have a dream that wether you believe in bare bottom or deep sand bed that all our nitrates will be zero. whether you have metal halides or t5's, that our light cycles will bring forth the bounty of the sea.

CLASSIC VICTOR very classic indeed

acbaldwin
11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
i got a post yanked for putting up this pic

That's alright I'll take one for the team! :D

SDguy
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM

OK, I'm good with those, but I still say my beckett will skim the needle out of your wheel. :D

victortrav
11-01-2007, 11:31 AM
ok calm down peter lets keep it civil were all adults here

SDguy
11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
ok calm down peter lets keep it civil were all adults here

I know, I know, I can be such an offensive troublemaker sometimes.... ;)

dj9264
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
FishBulb

Well I'll tell you that previously I never signed up for premie membership because I remember reading some threads about how it took for ever for some people's accounts to get activated. It's because this site has never had an administrator since I joined and people always complained no one was running this thing. We get porn in threads and people make suggestions that are never implicated. It's nice to see we have a new administrator and maybe that will get things going. I'll say this, Maz is right that if non premium members are no longer welcomed on the boards, it is definitely the premium members that will suffer more from having this community shrink in size to nothing. A new board will spring up elsewhere, and the people will move. Unfortunately, i'll be moving from SD soon when I finish with grad school, so I doubt I'll be around to see the changes from the new administration. In the mean time, I contribute in other ways. Probably about 95% of my posts are only in the reef discussions forum and I only rarely use this site to buy or sell. And even more rarely do I just post one word replies to boost the ever ridiculous post count upwards. Mostly, I only use this site to try to help others in the discussions forums. I specifically search for threads with zero responses and will either answer the question if I can or write any BS just to get them a free bump so someone else can chime it. I've installed RO/DI systems for two board members and asked for nothing in return. Although both quickly gave me frags without my prompting. There may be many reasons why people don't want to pay for premium membership but I wouldn't lump them all into the non-contributors category. I visit several reef boards regularly and multiplying $30 for membership to each one per year certainly can add up. In retrospect, this is probably the one I would like most to have registered for as a premium member because it's probably the one I enjoy the most.

Bulb out.

Amen.

dj9264
11-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Very classy, Andrew:

Making fun of the mentally retarded; this is the only site where you would not have been banned/deleted in three seconds.

luistwentyone
11-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Very classy, Andrew:

Making fun of the mentally retarded; this is the only site where you would not have been banned/deleted in three seconds.

relax dude, youre normal !

acbaldwin
11-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Very classy, Andrew:

Sorry my friend, thats how I roll. I think that most folks can understand the irony here seeing as how I'm pretty retarded. :)

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views of acbaldwin or SDReefs.com. Any offensive content is not directed at any one person or intended as anything but silly gibberish meant to entertain you fools. acbaldwin means no harm or offense to the mothers and fathers of retarded children, or to those that are in fact retarded, which includes a chunky portion of SDreefs.com. And Technoviking will in fact smack you with his jiggly pecs if you disagree with this disclaimer, and he will most definitely not drink your bottled water.

Techknowledgy
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I think I am going to add the disclaimer too. Very funny............

mazilla
11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
And Technoviking will in fact smack you with his jiggly pecs if you disagree with this disclaimer, and he will most definitely not drink your bottled water.[/SIZE]

the mental picture that came with that was outstanding; much appreciated.

Jessy
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views of acbaldwin or SDReefs.com. Any offensive content is not directed at any one person or intended as anything but silly gibberish meant to entertain you fools. acbaldwin means no harm or offense to the mothers and fathers of retarded children, or to those that are in fact retarded, which includes a chunky portion of SDreefs.com. And Technoviking will in fact smack you with his jiggly pecs if you disagree with this disclaimer, and he will most definitely not drink your bottled water.

Oh I definately see that as your new sig.

coral diver
11-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Very Funny guy but seriusly What kind of improvement do you what to happen to this site Let it out in the open while we have the opportunity

Technoviking
11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Jojo
I just posted a thread in the lounge before I read this, it's like I can read your mind :shocked:

Technoviking

Jessy
11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Very Funny guy but seriusly What kind of improvement do you what to happen to this site Let it out in the open while we have the opportunity

I want a chat box at least in the premi lounge, more smilies, I want the political arguments off the site, I want a rating system to flush out the flakers, I want a "form letter" for tank stats etc to fill out before posting a "my tank crashed why" post, I also like the picture "hosting" on socalireefs better than ours...I've attached the same pic multiple times in different threads and now I have to go back and find those threads to delete the pics I posted so I can post more.

Technoviking
11-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Kamil
Not quite, Moore told me he was talking to I think three other people about it and said he wanted to make sure he picked the right person, I can find the email I think.

luistwentyone
11-01-2007, 06:48 PM
So do I, see below.
What do I win?? :p

that seems to be the concensus ;)

mmoore0803
11-01-2007, 06:53 PM
are posts now being deleted from this thread? forum?

Technoviking
11-01-2007, 06:54 PM
mmoore0803
Yes, I deleted a few posts because Kamil was telling people who I was, bad decision. I guess its no secret now :rolleyes:

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/angry/21.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

barometer
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: what'd I miss? Stupid traffic :mad:

mmoore0803
11-01-2007, 07:00 PM
more drama here than on cable :D

anybody know of a smiley that fans flames?

pnguy3n
11-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't think people are stupid on here. You posted the "new" banner on your picturetrail account.

SDguy
11-01-2007, 07:07 PM
anybody know of a smiley that fans flames?

I've got one for getting flamed....

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/SDreefguy/smilies/flamed.gif

Technoviking
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
pnguy3n
Yeah I know, complete lapse of intelligence. But It's ok, I'm sure it would have gotten out sooner or later.

SDguy
11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
pnguy3n
Yeah I know, complete lapse of intelligence. But It's ok, I'm sure it would have gotten out sooner or later.

OK, I'm still in the dark :( . I guess my cyber-Nancy Drew card needs to be revoked :rolleyes:

Seriously people, go watch some TV!! :D

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
haha funniest 2nd funniest *hit today.

SDguy
11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Nick, your avatar scares me.

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 07:15 PM
as long as there's no laces, it's cool.

Nick, your avatar scares me. I feel guilty owning white sheets...

SDguy
11-01-2007, 07:17 PM
LOL, I deleted it cause I didn't think anyone would get it....should've known you'd have by humor back, Nick :D

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 07:19 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/characters/21511152451.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

pnguy3n
11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I youtube'd technoviking,man that guy is suhwwwwwwweeeet. There's like 21 versions of him dancing to different songs. Some guy hands him water and like candy or something

SDguy
11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
LOL! Flashdance Spidey made my night!

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/misc/ostern_65.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

Jessy
11-01-2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/characters/21511152451.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de) ok is that the "superman" dance?

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 07:27 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/music/images_36.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

SDguy
11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/SDreefguy/smilies/rofl.gif

GaiKing is the best!!

Nick_Kun
11-01-2007, 07:37 PM
http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/games/shiggy_whee_small.gif (http://www.ben-newman.de)

luistwentyone
11-02-2007, 07:37 AM
I honestly think that dude in the video (technoviking) takes it up the poopersnooper, he's a queer.

MichaelRyanSD
11-02-2007, 07:45 AM
I honestly think that dude in the video (technoviking) takes it up the poopersnooper, he's a queer.

Begin Sarcasm

OMG your being so ignorant...how could you ever say that...thats so offensive..omg

End Sarcasm

MichaelRyanSD
11-02-2007, 07:57 AM

I totally agree with you maz....I'm sick and tired of premium member using that as some sort of "ace-in-the-hole". I think the only thing paying for membership should do is offer little perks, like it does now, avatars,more pm space,etc....but it should never deny you the basic service of this site

From now I'm going to say something if any premium member uses that fact that they are indeed premium as any sort of bases for any argument or reason...and their not going to like what I put in their thread.

SDguy
11-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Being Sarcasm

OMG your being so ignorant...how could you ever say that...thats so offensive..omg

End Sarcasm

Maybe it's an observation, not an insult :rolleyes:

Techknowledgy
11-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Credibility for Luis= Zero.

MichaelRyanSD
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Maybe it's an observation, not an insult :rolleyes:

I was merely making the comment in light of the fact that he can post threads about people being racist...but then call someone a queer. (I really don't care either)

It's just I was pointing the double-standard that exists...and how essentially, he is a hypocrite if he wants people to end their bigotry ways, but then turn around and insult another class of people

SDguy
11-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I was merely making the comment in light of the fact that he can post threads about people being racist...but then call someone a queer. (I really don't care either)

It's just I was pointing the double-standard that exists...and how essentially, he is a hypocrite if he wants people to end their bigotry ways, but then turn around and insult another class of people

Oh I totally got what you were saying. Agreed. It's always the ones that yell the most, isn't it? :)

swissfish
11-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Ok back to the topic:

who are/will be the new/existing moderators?

who are you technoviking, what is the reason fir hiding?

nanoreefbro
11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Can't we vote for a moderator?

Diver Dan
11-02-2007, 09:30 AM
yes,
voting is on sunday...

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Vote For Nick -> Super Duper Moderator

nanoreefbro
11-02-2007, 09:35 AM
yes,
voting is on sunday...

I meant for the supermoderator. Who exactly are the moderators now? :confused:

Diver Dan
11-02-2007, 09:45 AM
I meant for the supermoderator. Who exactly are the moderators now? :confused:

Man, this is confusing!:confused:
I dont think they are going to vote for supermoderators...

nanoreefbro
11-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I guess we will just wait for Sunday then..

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I just hope that he doesn't put strobe lights and have techno beats playing in the background.

SDguy
11-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I just hope that he doesn't put strobe lights and have techno beats playing in the background.

This from the guy with the dancing gifs

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 09:57 AM
the question is who's technoviking?

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 10:01 AM
because technoviking ownes you peter. convert or your anthia's will suffer his rainbow wrath.

This from the guy with the dancing avatars...

SDguy
11-02-2007, 10:03 AM
because technoviking ownes you peter. convert or your anthia's will suffer his rainbow wrath.

:confused: Have you been watching CarebEars again? :D

mazilla
11-02-2007, 10:05 AM
rainbow wrath....lol, sounds like a *** japanimation super power.

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 10:06 AM
awwwww carebears, their so cute ;) peter you where supposed to comeover and watch it with me last night, you missed out when technoviking made an appearance and so did mchammer.

- ncik

:confused: Have you been watching CarebEars again? :D

SDguy
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Sorry I missed it Nick, had to wash my hair.

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 10:12 AM
alright there's always the next episode, make sure to wear your rainbow tie dye shirt.

alright, gotta get back to work now....haaha

Technoviking
11-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Everyone
To clear up some confusion, I am the new Admin, although my profile does not reflect it yet. I have picked one new moderator, and we will vote for another one on sunday. Hope that helps.
Nick
Love the mchammer reference

SDguy
11-02-2007, 10:14 AM
alright there's always the next episode, make sure to wear your rainbow tie dye shirt.

You never gave it back...

swissfish
11-02-2007, 10:15 AM
So you didn't buy/snipe the domain?

Technoviking
11-02-2007, 10:18 AM
swissfish
No I did not, this is still Jason's site. I am just here to perform some much needed maintenance. And just so everyone knows, Jason still gets your Premium Membership money, I have nothing to do with that.

MichaelRyanSD
11-02-2007, 10:19 AM
how do nominate people for admin? or is that picked too

swissfish
11-02-2007, 10:28 AM
why did jason give the admin rights to you?

why are you still hiding, almost everybody knows someone, who knows your former identidy.
fess up and deal with the past :)

Are you going to keep the existing moderators?

Nick_Kun
11-02-2007, 10:34 AM
cause you're wearing it right now.

You never gave it back...

Technoviking
11-02-2007, 10:38 AM
MichaelRyanSD
There is only one admin account needed.
swissfish
Because he reviewed my portfolio and I gave him contact information for previous clients and he thought I was suitable for the job. And I am not hiding, I know most of the members know. I don't know why it is so important to know but I guess I never will. It's not about fessing up or dealing with the past, It's about not wanting to be treated differently because I am the new admin. And yes, I will be keeping the old mods.

MichaelRyanSD
11-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm going to class for an hour..could we please hold all drama till then....