PDA

View Full Version : So any police officers or law experts wanna weigh in on this?

SolRo
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Hypotheticaly, what's the penalty for putting bumper stickers on other peoples cars?

A bunch of *******es have started double parking all over the place in my apartment complex, and it seems they need to be reminded that their little 3-series doesn't give them the right to take up 2 spaces.

(this has been going on for months now, it's just gotten realy bad lately. The complex owners don't seem to want to do anything about it)

crstjohn
10-30-2007, 09:22 PM
My guess is that you could be charged with defacing private property or something like that.

luistwentyone
10-30-2007, 09:29 PM
a key does a much better job ;)

Hypotheticaly, what's the penalty for putting bumper stickers on other peoples cars?

A bunch of *******es have started double parking all over the place in my apartment complex, and it seems they need to be reminded that their little 3-series doesn't give them the right to take up 2 spaces.

(this has been going on for months now, it's just gotten realy bad lately. The complex owners don't seem to want to do anything about it)

DaChrisDude
10-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Stan, what were your thoughts as far as bumper stickers? "Hi, I'm a *******!" ??

I'd ditto Rick...probably some sort of damage to private property...

SolRo
10-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I was thinking "I must be handicaped, because I park like a retard"

Bubba-n-AK
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm thinking a rainbow sticker

MichaelRyanSD
10-30-2007, 09:55 PM

Good Job...piss off the a-holes and offend the disabled at the same time..

If you wanted to be a little more civil...first try leaving notes on their car...this will probably be in vein, but at least you gave them fair warning...then if not...call the towing company..

iwantone
10-30-2007, 09:55 PM
call a tow truck and pretend you are the property manager.

Spsniper
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Park really close to the drivers side so they can't get in. Done it many times, but I chill around until they come out to make them realize *** I'm trying to get at.

swissfish
10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
force them into a wheel change.

And just in case if you are really pissed of, I'm pretty sure they only have one spare tire:D

CBlanks
10-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Trespass to Chattels for touching their property.

luistwentyone
10-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Park really close to the drivers side so they can't get in. Done it many times, but I chill around until they come out to make them realize *** I'm trying to get at.

great idea !!! park super close and piss of the retard :D

DaChrisDude
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM

Unless they simply key the hell outa his car...

Spsniper
10-30-2007, 10:17 PM
That's why I chill around till they show. Confrontation is the game I play. If they show no respect for others, I show none back.

Diver Dan
10-30-2007, 10:17 PM

But that is why you stay close; you can jump in the car and leave if they come after you.

Oh, you have to wear a halloween mask and drive a car that never parks anywhere close to your neighborhood. That way the guys residual angers depleat enough for him to forget wht kind of car it was all together, im thinking an ape costume with a friends car, it should work IMO!:D

DaChrisDude
10-30-2007, 10:18 PM
That's why I chill around till they show. Confrontation is the game I play. If they show no respect for others, I show none back.

Confrontation is probably the best way, but not always the easiest (nor the most gratifying/fun!)

CBlanks
10-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Call the Turko Files! IT AINT RIGHT

Flamehawk
10-30-2007, 10:21 PM
well..whatever you do...just be careful...if mess with wrong people might not be worse it......

Diver Dan
10-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok here is what you do! Hire me as your hitman, btw i play video games so i know how to snipe and shoot a gun, then i come over at 12:00am and start duct taping there car going arround and arround about 13 times. after that i put a water hose down the muffler and snake it all the way up into the engine, i signal you to turn it on, and then we run!
I just need $500 your address and the targets license plate #!
I will make it happen! :p

Spsniper
10-30-2007, 10:29 PM
There is nothing more gratifying then leaving someone out cold. :D I know, I know ANGER MANAGEMENT FOR ME....Okay, lets resort to calling the tow company. I would of course back my truck up and purposely knock off their side mirror before doing so though, but that's just me. :p

Confrontation is probably the best way, but not always the easiest (nor the most gratifying/fun!)

Flamehawk
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
have you talk to your neighbors? maybe enough people complain the owner will do something.

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 12:38 AM
heh... you must know my dad.

One time some lady parked in his beloved Sailor of the Year parking spot at the Navy postgrad school in Monterey... Well, let's just say the only time I've seen him verbally pwn someone so bad was the time when our all you can eat ribs came to the table cold. :D

true story about the ribs.

reddragons8
10-31-2007, 01:12 AM
How about getting a license plate frame that says " I park like an a-hole"? It will take them weeks to notice.

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 05:40 AM
How about getting a license plate frame that says " I park like an a-hole"? It will take them weeks to notice.

DING DING DING !!!!! we have a winner !!! :D

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 07:26 AM
How about just leaving a not on their car that says it is from the management company. Make it look very official. Copy letterhead that you have from them. Let them know that beginning November 5th, 2007. cars parked across two spaces will be towed at the owners expense. Make sure you put them in envelopes. They will be so embarrased that they will not check to see if it is official. Something like:

As you know, we have limited sufficient parking here at Happy Acres for the residents. Many drivers, including the owner of this vehicle, take up more than one space and reduce the number of available spaces for residents. In order to be fair to everyone who lives here, beginning November 5th, 2007, vehicles which take up more than one space will be towed at the owners expense. Please be curtious of other residents."

....or something like that.......... the key, and retard sticker, and license frame will not work. They have an entitled attitude. (Like LOTS of Americans.) Funny how owners of SUVs and expensive cars think two parking spaces are included in the sticker price.

tommyl
10-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Take out the pin that holds air in their tires and tape all of them on there front window just make sure no one sees you =]

iVgOnMaD
10-31-2007, 07:53 AM
I would spray paint their windshield black during the night so in the morning they can't go to work!

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:01 AM
i would just tell them to knock that **** off. if they refuse, make it clear that strange things happen to cars all the time and walk away. what you from there is up to you, but usually people weigh the value of taking 2 spots vs. the cost of vehicle repair and choose to resolve the issue themselves.

i could also come over and slap them around a little, but that costs money....;) :)

(disclaimer) i dont endorse the use of violent force for any reason, any and all comments i made in regard are for entertainment purposes only.

victortrav
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Hey stan i feel your pain. I live right next door to an elementary school and ever morning and afternoon people block my driveway litteraly park in front of my driveway. I have had people even pull in onto my property and work on their cars actually hood up in my driveway. im at the point of going down to kragen getting a stem puller and leaving their cars on 4 flats then calling a tow company to remove them. It has gotten so bad that a woman was actually very close to coming to physical blows with my wife. We called the police, Nothing, talked to the school, nothing. even posted do not park signs. I say take it into your own hands but be cautious

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
.......i could also come over and slap them around a little, but that costs money....;) :).....

we can start a collection for the costs, I can donate $5

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 08:04 AM
If we take up a collection to pay yopur Premie membership will you still slap them around? J/K :)

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Trev, call the District office and lodge a complaint with the Board Members. That will get results. Guaranteed.

victortrav
10-31-2007, 08:07 AM
on a side note if anyone has or works for a tow company i got some business for you.

malachai629
10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
tee hee, was that for TechnoViking?

(disclaimer) i dont endorse the use of violent force for any reason, any and all comments i made in regard are for entertainment purposes only.[/QUOTE]

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM
tee hee, was that for TechnoViking?

(disclaimer) i dont endorse the use of violent force for any reason, any and all comments i made in regard are for entertainment purposes only.[/QUOTE]

no, that was for the police.:D

p.s. i also have a 10k lb winch on the front of my jeep, that would move an m3 with ease. hypothetically of course...;)

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM
If we take up a collection to pay yopur Premie membership will you still slap them around? J/K :)

lol. it's not like i cant pay the 30.00, but i get upset that i get the feeling i have to pay to be validated as a member with a voice. i dont like being pressured/manipulated into paying for something that is free, especially if can get a chance at a great deal without.

Trickman2
10-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Could put it on the windows of the car. This will make it so they have to use a razor to get it off but won't likely damage there car.

acbaldwin
10-31-2007, 08:40 AM
go to home depot or michaels or something and get those big 3" tall stick on letters.
Just smack them on the windows:
I DOUBLE PARK

they'll get the idea and if they don't just start writing slightly threatening messages on the window with the stickers.

tommyl
10-31-2007, 08:44 AM
make your own sign "No double parking must be in single lane if not, YOU WILL BE TOWED." Fair warning and then tow them off.

mazilla
10-31-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah, you could have them towed. i've never met a tow truck driver that wont jump on the opportunity to take a car for whatever reason. just put on some slacks and a collar shirt when the guy shows up, he will assume your affiliated with the property and wont think twice about it. just make sure you sign a fake name on the paperwork, that way they cant trace it back to you. done and done.

tommyl
10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Worst comes to worse get some freinds and put the car on rollers move it into a single parking lane and get liquid nails and glue their tires to the ground.

whatever
10-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Put a "Vote for Hillary '08" Sticker on it-

1) the stickers are free
2) People will think that the driver is retarded for voting for a Dumb-ocrat.

mazilla
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Put a "Vote for Hillary '08" Sticker on it-

1) the stickers are free
2) People will think that the driver is retarded for voting for a Dumb-ocrat.

lol, ZING!

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Gangster wannabe Moron^

whatever
10-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Gangster wannabe Moron^
HUH? Who is that intended for?

mazilla
10-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Gangster wannabe Moron^

why roland, im no wannabe :)

Techknowledgy
10-31-2007, 09:10 AM
If the shoes fits buy socks. That was not for you Maz-

SolRo
10-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Why you have to bring politics into this? And in a completely moronic way I might add.

@ the wannabe

mazilla
10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
i figured, it's funny....i meant to put im no "gangsta"..so i guess that would make me a real moron now.

Jessy
10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
seems like you'd only have a problem if you get caught. Wear gloves :D.

whatever
10-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Why you have to bring politics into this? And in a completely moronic way I might add.

@ the wannabe
Why not? It's funny and more importantly true-

Trickman2
10-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Could get hundreds of post it notes and put it all over the car.

Flamehawk
10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
maybe go borrow a paintball gun

Yolo
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM
So far Roland has the best response. You can't tow any car these days with new laws unless you can prove ownership of the space. Otherwise the towing company is liable. If it were Condos, then you have the association to intercede.

Best approach is the "fake" letter and a certified real letter to the owner with your monthly rent check. You could take photos of violations and include those photos with your letter.

You could "theaten" to move out if this activity continues. You could also follow violators to their unit and either mail a "fake" letter to them, or report them to the owner.

Sooner or later someone will tire of it. Confrontation or vandalizm is the last thing you want to do. Pick the hill you want to die on. Parking is not worth getting a record over, fined, or stabbed.

Good luck.

m

luistwentyone
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
like I suggested, we all take up a collection and hire Mazilla !!

whatever
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Slingshot

reddragons8
10-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Why don't you try parking behind them so then they can't leave until after you have.

mazilla
10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
like I suggested, we all take up a collection and hire Mazilla !!

will work for frags. :D :D

Chanas4
10-31-2007, 12:11 PM
I asked hubby who is SDPD. Hw says it is considered tampering with a vehicle. if it costs person money to remove it is vandalism. It is considered a misdemeanor, not sure what the penalty for those are.