PDA

View Full Version : User agreement

SDguy
10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Can someone direct me to where I can find a user agreement type thing for this site. I'm all about loose moderating, but I'm starting to think this site is not something I want to be supporting with my time or money. I'd like to see what exactly I should be expecting to slide on through, and what should not. TIA

Big Brother
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
pm sent

seahorse_man
10-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Can someone direct me to where I can find a user agreement type thing for this site. I'm all about loose moderating, but I'm starting to think this site is not something I want to be supporting with my time or money. I'd like to see what exactly I should be expecting to slide on through, and what should not. TIA

What do you mean

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 12:17 PM
He means that some people are gettig nasty again

lth03
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Who getting nasty????

RussM
10-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Who getting nasty????

The usual 3-5 people who won't keep their extremist politics off of this hobbyist forum, where it doesn't belong. Frankly, I'm getting quite sick of it; in particular, of one loudmouth who just can't resist baiting a trap, and of another who steps into the trap every time.

Diver Dan
10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
The usual 3-5 people who won't keep their extremist politics off of this hobbyist forum, where it doesn't belong. Frankly, I'm getting quite sick of it; in particular, of one loudmouth who just can't resist baiting a trap, and of another who steps into the trap every time.

This belongs in the premie section!!! We need to talk about this!:D

People on here are getting a little negative IMO, some of it from the disasters going on in the world and others, well like you say, people being people...:rolleyes:

acbaldwin
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
LOL Nicely put, Russ! Unfortunately quite true... :mad:

luistwentyone
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
clue: "LOUNGE" forum

seahorse_man
10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Am I one of the nasty people?:(

Redeye
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Of course:P

seahorse_man
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Of course:P

:( :( :( :( :( really:rolleyes:

Redeye
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Naaa:)

Techknowledgy
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
It is not all about you Jordan. :) You are a "rock" on this board though.... and an invaluable resource, the scope of your real experience is awesome.

Nick_Kun
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
OWNED!!!!

It is not all about you Jordan. :) You are a "rock" on this board though.... and an invaluable resource, the scope of your real experience is awesome.

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Am I one of the nasty people?:(
Your joking right Jordan? I doubt anyone who has ever met you would be calling you nasty........

coral diver
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
This is me talking HONESTLY if this is a regular day like not half of San Diego county is burning i will not care this people can talk **** at each other but it is Half of San Diego is burning if you people who got nothing to do but talk **** at each other go volunteer at the EVACUATION CENTER and do something productive

vinny73
10-24-2007, 02:22 PM
:D
This is me talking HONESTLY if this is a regular day like not half of San Diego county is burning i will not care this people can talk **** at each other but it is Half of San Diego is burning if you people who got nothing to do but talk **** at each other go volunteer at the EVACUATION CENTER and do something productive
AMEN!!!:D

malachai629
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
:cool: word

SDguy
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Well said JoJo.

To all those that contacted me, thank you, but nothing happen to/was directed at me :) . This is also not about political bickering (though I'd be perfectly happy if that was banned from this board).

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
That is what me and my wife did yesterday. We shut down our business for tow days and got busy helping.

seahorse_man
10-24-2007, 04:47 PM

Whats that mean

acbaldwin
10-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Owned? I'm pretty sure that was a compliment...

I like how Roland's avatar keeps growing... :D

Diver Dan
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I like how Roland's avatar keeps growing... :D

Me too... Originally i was thinking "now what kind of spam is that?" Now it is starting to make sense!:D

Dakota
10-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I say we make a forum specifically FOR political bantering.. keep the lounge relaxed, like it should be.

vinny73
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I say we make a forum specifically FOR political bantering.. keep the lounge relaxed, like it should be.
I totally agree about this. Keep the uptight, button pushing, politic talking, sports team bashing, and all round negative bull**** in a separate forum. That way, those of you that wanna text fight or don't wanna hear this bull****, can just avoid it all together or jump right in it. When I think of lounge, I think....... shorts, no shirt, cocktail with little umbrella, cool breeze and easy going atmosphere. Talking about the nice, easy going, pondering life, experiences had, or hoping to be had, conversations or questions that arise. I deal with enough **** at work, hence being a plumber, and don't need to deal with it here!

Hybrid
10-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Ah, I don't really care. I'm lying, sometimes it can be really irritating but then I fall back on my famous quote. CONSIDER THE SOURCE!!!! Think about that for a moment, is that ******* thats making you mad worth getting upset over? Usually not, usually it's just some retard with too much time on his hands and nothing better to do with his time than try and make others mad because his life really suck in the first place. Always, CONSIDER THE SOURCE!!! Ignore the retards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jas0863
10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure of what you folks are referring to, fill me in.

acbaldwin
10-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Peter, to answer your question - this is the extremely short and to the point user agreement provided when you register.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of San Diego Reef Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of San Diego Reef Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of San Diego Reef Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

SDguy
10-25-2007, 06:56 AM

Hmmm, I don't know..... It's a reef BB. Why do I need to know someone’s political/religious views? I mean seriously, this BB doesn't have to be all things to all people. If people want to discuss politics, or religion, why don't you go find a political or religious BB to do it on. I'm sure there are plenty out there. Or better yet, find a friend in real life! People use this BB to connect with others interested in reefing, since more than likely your friend or coworker or average shmoe you meet on the street won't have that same interest. I guarantee you any one of those people will have a political or religious view. Hmmm, is it possible such discussion face to face is daunting??

IIRC, RC tried a political/religious forum. It was a nightmare. It created such rifts between many very active members that they had to shut it down. Why should someone end up not wanting to associate with someone else about reef stuff because his or her political views differ. (don't scoff, you all know that's how things can turn out).

I guess if people *really* feel the need to discuss such topics on a REEF BB :rolleyes: , then have at it. Though a nice feature of this software, if such a forum is created, would be the ability to put the entire forum on your ignore list, since threads that pop up on the front page as new, don't indicate which forum they are in. I can tell you now though, most of the people on here that would participate in such a forum would not be able to do it with any civility.

Furthermore, at $33 a year, I expect a filter to be installed with the most basic of really offensive foul language, derogatory, racial, sexist etc slurs/names/words. And don't anyone give me that crap about being too PC or sensitive. If you can't yell the word out loud in a crowded supermarket without being asked to leave, you don't need to be typing it here. Period. Actually, type it all you want, I just don't want to see anything but a bunch of asterisks. ;)

Techknowledgy
10-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Most Peter but not all.
Debate on issues is fine. It is when tempers flare that is gets out of hand. There are just a few on here who refuse to discuss things in civil ways. Debate is fine, offering different points of view is fine. But lapsing into name calling and "HAHAHAHA ...you are so pathetic" is childish. There are just a few here who do that. Why punish the whole class for the misbehavior of a few? I appreciate that Andrew sent the "terms". We should all abide by them.

"you will not post any messages that are hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

If people violate these rules they should be warned and then banned.

barometer
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Well said Peter, I couldn't agree more. Of course people don't have to look at threads that go in tangent directions, but as a reef board I don't expect to see personal opinions about touchy subjects pop up in random threads in the first place. And I don't think a separate forum for arguing is gonna help :)

Roland, I don't think Peter is referring to debate in general. Just some things (as you've stated before) that just don't belong on ANY public board (offensive material, words and pics), let alone one that we visit to talk about reefs. :cool:

Big Brother
10-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Dude Roland I don't think you realize that you are one of those people. I dont try to deny it, I know I do it too; thats why I've tried to stay out of the lounge as of recently.

I think Peter has a great idea.

Nick_Kun
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

Techknowledgy
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Rather than pointing fingers, a more sensible approach may be to understand that, as I said, debate is one thing, presentation of points of view is fine, if it stays at the level of "this is my opinion, and these are the facts", that is fine. Even the heavily used political boards are rife with flames. As I said, when it becomes junior high name calling, then that changes things. I think paying members of the board should be able to some degree direct what stays and what goes. It is a public board, but they at least have some skin in the game.

MrKrispy
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
i don't see why there can't be political threads in the Lounge (it plainly says non-reef discussions), just keep the political/religious/hating out of other peoples threads. That seems pretty simple, pretty rational, and easy to moderate. If you can't skip a thread you know you won't like, what does that say about you???

Dakota
10-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Even though this is a REEF BB, that doesn't mean that we aren't a community of people that should be able to talk about other things. The political forum would allow a place for those who WANT to discuss such things, while others can relax in the lounge and now worry about what post not to click on.. It just seems that lately (may the last 6-12 months) there are more political discussions that there has been in the past. As such, the forum should be able to grow and adapt to those wanted to discuss such things.

mazilla
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
why create a forum that will be filled with hate? political discussions never lead to friendships, i hope we stay away from that horse ****.

SDguy
10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
i don't see why there can't be political threads in the Lounge (it plainly says non-reef discussions), just keep the political/religious/hating out of other peoples threads. That seems pretty simple, pretty rational, and easy to moderate. If you can't skip a thread you know you won't like, what does that say about you???

In theory that's fine, but those kinds of threads always degrade. But you all can give it a try. Mods, get ready :) Like I said, put it in a separate forum, and see how it goes....

And the whole "well if you don't like a thread then don't read it" bit is a copout, IMO. You can use that argument for anything, no matter how offensive.

MrKrispy
10-25-2007, 10:24 AM
i guess it really doesn't matter, the board has been pretty static for a year or so since Moore is busy with other things. We have had a lot of discussions like this and nothing ever comes of it.

dj9264
10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
If you have something worthwhile to say, you oughta be able to say it without being offensive, and the offensiveness just impedes your ability to communicate your point anyway.

Big Brother
10-25-2007, 12:20 PM
ok comeon guys

settle this in PM's if you really feel the need to

victortrav
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
i been watching this and my better judgement says to keep out of it. yeah yeah. But i have this to say. Grow up and get over it. life is too short for this pety crap. get along or get on.

Big Brother
10-25-2007, 12:46 PM
dear god

coral diver
10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
get along or get on.
You know Victor i said my piece but i sure would love to see them two to GET IT ON to know who is who :D

Emokidjosh26
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lucubrator
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm tired of this. Quiet time for a few days...

fishfinger
10-25-2007, 01:28 PM
ok comeon guys

settle this in PM's if you really feel the need to
Like I said.....I am finished have any further discussion with the Luis guy. I am here to discuss things about salt water reefs........and some lounge stuff. Not this useless crap.