PDA

View Full Version : Military Aircraft fighting fires

swissfish
10-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I thought I am going to throw up when i watched the press conference with ron roberts, brian billbray, dunken hunter and some other dude.
They were ranting and raving about how they got cdf to agree to let the military aircraft drop water without a cdf spoter. It only took them three days to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!! wich is btw the same amount of days as they used to in the cedar fire.

My conclusion is that our great politicians pushed chopper one on us, to fight fire but diden't solve the problem with using the military aircraft (about 20 of them) in the other 3 1/2 years. It is time for a revolution! just in time for the aniverasy of the death of Ernesto Che Guevara :)

jheinsjr
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Speaking from experience, I can understand why they want a spotter on those aircraft. I'm sure with some minor training, the local military could use their aircraft to fight fires. But no training takes place in the military in a short and timely manner. Everything requires long review and emphasis on "safety" thanks to the same politicians that are now trying to cut corners and get a waiver. And then this training would just snowball into some annual requirement and there would be some sort of certification process, etc....etc....

Another effect of our unique ability to communicate effectively and quickly is the fact that everyone has to be involved with with every decision. 10 years ago a command decision would have been made and now everyone is so afraid of sticking their neck out that every decision takes nearly an act of congress

mazilla
10-24-2007, 12:17 AM
just in time for the aniverasy of the death of Ernesto Che Guevara :)

che guevara...i just threw up in my mouth a little.:eek:

DaveMorris
10-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Just so you know...It wouldn't have mattered who had aircraft for the first few days. No one could fly like they need to with the wind and visibility the way it was. The traffic copter was only able to get down to 8000 feet before it got dangerous and at that altitude the water or retardant would do no good. I agree that the only thing our politicians are good for is getting in the way, but make no mistake...if planes would have been useful, they would have been in the air. A very good friend of mine is a CDF pilot and it drove him crazy to sit on the ground and watch. Unfortunately those fire fighting planes don't do any good crashed into the side of a house.

swissfish
10-24-2007, 06:32 AM
CDF was flying yesterday, the military wasen't.

Big Brother
10-24-2007, 07:19 AM
of course, its always the governments fault

coral diver
10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
If i remember it right Miramar pilots did got training with CDF a few years ago unfortunately their up in IRAQ fighting in another HELL hole and per my understanding its CDF who's suppose to request the military support

MichaelRyanSD
10-24-2007, 08:20 AM
George Bush Hates San diego!!!

Big Brother
10-24-2007, 08:24 AM

lets add that to the list haha

acbaldwin
10-24-2007, 08:37 AM

Didn't the Navy have several Seahawks in the air yesterday afternoon???

WanaLeime
10-24-2007, 09:00 AM

Military did provide 2 aircrafts (helos) yesterday, inconjuction w/ CDF "trained" personnel.

luistwentyone
10-24-2007, 09:22 AM

coral diver
10-24-2007, 09:52 AM
National Guard Black hawk

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I thought I am going to throw up when i watched the press conference with ron roberts, brian billbray, dunken hunter and some other dude.
They were ranting and raving about how they got cdf to agree to let the military aircraft drop water without a cdf spoter. It only took them three days to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!! wich is btw the same amount of days as they used to in the cedar fire.

My conclusion is that our great politicians pushed chopper one on us, to fight fire but diden't solve the problem with using the military aircraft (about 20 of them) in the other 3 1/2 years. It is time for a revolution! just in time for the aniverasy of the death of Ernesto Che Guevara :)

What? have you been listing to that Moron Stacy Taylor on klsd this morning? all he can do is blame politicians, I mean republican ones......it's pathetic. politicizing the fires before they are even over and trying to cast blame already...disgusting if you ask me. The planes are here now and being used today.

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks for finally saying what we knew would be coming in due time. Nice that we finally got the Blame Bush out of they way. It was inevitable.

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes they did.....

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Totally out of conteaxt and irelevant .......as are most Hate Bush comments.

Techknowledgy
10-24-2007, 12:34 PM
You are right Fish. Goerge Bush is irrelevent. I am glad the air power is here.... better later than not at all.

Big Brother
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
yeah i was down at the base of mount miguel all night last night hanging with some buddies and we could see choppers periodically

Techknowledgy
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
This is what Mt. Miguel looked like on fire.

coral diver
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
you could try this http://www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow/news/14398746/detail.html or just go to http:www.nbcsandiego.com/

luistwentyone
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
What? have you been listing to that Moron Stacy Taylor on klsd this morning? all he can do is blame politicians, I mean republican ones......it's pathetic. politicizing the fires before they are even over and trying to cast blame already...disgusting if you ask me. The planes are here now and being used today.

I didnt hear you blast glen beck yesterday, he blamed the people whose houses burned down.

Techknowledgy
10-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Interesting. That is exactly what Rush Limbaugh was doing this morning. Rush just plain said the fires are the fault of the Democrats. Yes, pathetic. That is his style. Three hours of hate. He is comparing this to Katrina, and it is completely different. No real comparison whatsoever really. Just hope when Bush shows up tomorrow he doesn't turn it into a huge photo op. Mission Accomplished? Well..... not yet.

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I didnt hear you blast glen beck yesterday, he blamed the people whose houses burned down.
Then you didn't read my post about it did you? Actually he was blaming the management of forests and resources, etc etc.....It debatable stuff.......but I am done arguing with you about this stuff Luis. Especially when you start of by issuing a threat to me......by now.

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Interesting. That is exactly what Rush Limbaugh was doing this morning. Rush just plain said the fires are the fault of the Democrats. Yes, pathetic. That is his style. Three hours of hate. He is comparing this to Katrina, and it is completely different. No real comparison whatsoever really. Just hope when Bush shows up tomorrow he doesn't turn it into a huge photo op. Mission Accomplished? Well..... not yet.

Like I said. I really don't listen to these talk shows much. Especially on TV. On radio a little because I am in my truck a lot at work.To much name calling and mud slinging and extremist statements from BOTH sides. Both sides are equally guilty of this useless type of speech. It only serves to keep people at each others throats instead of working together to solve problems. Trust me. You listen to 3 hours of Progressive local radio in the morning and you will get all the hate speech you ever want to hear.......then keep it tuned there for the remaining 21 hours of more spewing of hate and dissatisfaction etc......it really gets old fast. I used to listen to the stuff a lot from both sides. Then I realized just how useless it was and what little good it accomplished in the end.

Techknowledgy
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I listen to all sides, and then make up my own mind. I listen to Stacy Taylor, and Randi Rhodes, and Rush. What drives me crazy about Rush is that he never has anything but dittoheads on who agree with him, and he is pretty convinced his audience is too stupid to understand things so he needs to tell them what to think. (Talent on loan from God? Are you serious?) Randi gets boring but she does use verifiable facts and says to check what she says. I can't stomach FOX much because they are such a tool for the GOP. CSPAN is not so bad, and CNN seems to go both ways, depending on the political climate.

You are right though. It has not acomplished a lot of good. Rush has his small minded audience convinced that Saddam DID 9/11 and that dropping nukes on Iran would be a great deterrent to World War III. Chickenhawk.

luistwentyone
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
ever listen to Michael Savage ???

I do, just for entertainment purpose, he is way way out there :D

I listen to all sides, and then make up my own mind. I listen to Stacy Taylor, and Randi Rhodes, and Rush. What drives me crazy about Rush is that he never has anything but dittoheads on who agree with him, and he is pretty convinced his audience is too stupid to understand things so he needs to tell them what to think. (Talent on loan from God? Are you serious?) Randi gets boring but she does use verifiable facts and says to check what she says. I can't stomach FOX much because they are such a tool for the GOP. CSPAN is not so bad, and CNN seems to go both ways, depending on the political climate.

You are right though. It has not acomplished a lot of good. Rush has his small minded audience convinced that Saddam DID 9/11 and that dropping nukes on Iran would be a great deterrent to World War III. Chickenhawk.

Techknowledgy
10-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Micheal Savage is a lunatic. His real name is Micheal Weiner. Dr. Weiner is a has his PhD in alternative medicine....... (herbs and such....) He hates everyone. (Except Jewish rich white guys.)

SDFISHMAN
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
VERY Disturbing info comming out of Cal Fire. I just saw 2 different interviews asking why it took till day 4 to get outside air support. and about those C130s that are STILL not here as Dunkin Hunter promised they would be live on TV last night. All the Politicians are running for cover right now.

Did you know Monday that while Cal Fire was on the ground due to winds that 2 navy pilots dropped 50 buckets on the Harris fire? ALONE no Cal Fire pilots would fly. I didn't know that Cal Fire was a Private company. Do we farm EVERYTHING out now????

get this 3 of those c130s are from NORTH CAROLINA where they have all of those MAJOR fires every year ( that was sarcasm for those who don't get it.)

SOCAL gets ZERO of them.

Paul Bloom Called it to his face and said.

" You people are just to cozy with these privately owned companies and are protecting their turf aren't you?"

BALLS in his old age that guy!

Stay tuned . I can't wait to see what FACTS come out . It doesn't look good so far.

SDFISHMAN
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
The Marine Corp. was ready to devote a huge number of heli's to fight the fire. CalFire said not unless you have a CalFire spotter on the aircraft. Marines said OK...no problem, send 'em over. CalFire said sorry, we don't have any spotters available.

Redeye
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
whos running the c130's?
(they use the ALOT for search and rescue in NC and VA due to the graveyard of a coast they have)

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 03:50 PM

You are right though. It has not accomplished a lot of good. Rush has his small minded audience convinced that Saddam DID 9/11 and that dropping nukes on Iran would be a great deterrent to World War III. Chickenhawk.
The same exact things bug me about Stacy. specially considering that up until two years ago he worked for exclusive right wing stations for years and years. Then he made this sudden hard left turn. Same goes for his producer Scottor who just got fired for his mouth. He used to work at KOGO and him and Stacy both used to refer to Roger Hedgecock as buddy and Pal all the time.Then they change jobs and suddenly Roger is called HedgeKOOK. I tried running an add for my business on KLSD and the first day Scotter made a remark about it so I pulled the add and filed a complaint. The show is being canceled you no doubt are aware. I bet in large part to advertisers staying away in droves. Like I did when I was insulted. His former phone screener even falsely accused me of sexual harassment and I had to threaten a law suit against them to get her accusations it retracted after the tapes of the show were and the screening process were reviewed. They are a bunch of liars in case you didn't know. Stacy even went so far last Friday when I called in to talk about it to cut me off and then tell several lies about the incident. I have contacted the program director about that also. They just never stop with the one sided lying stuff. They are total hypocrites. I can't tell you how many times Scotter has been sued........Google his name to find out all about that nut ball. He is a big mouth in the sailing community also and has had his butt kicked a few times over the crap he says about people. If I even see him face to face after the way he talked about me and my business he will be sorry......

swissfish
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM

I posted this thread right after the press conference where those lunatics were all proud of them selfs for getting outside help. I remembered the fuss about the same **** in the cedar fire and couldn't believe it is happening again.

Now who else should we blame for this, myself???? OH yes, Sorry, I forgot to write legislation, debate it with my wife, take a vote and sign it into law.

Frankly I really don't give a dam which party the politicians belong to, they should just do the job. But wait, politician is now a professional career and if you actually make a decision and stand by it you won't be reelected and there goes the career. Therefore it is better to do nothing and blame others.

Fakt is that today, the military had 2 chopper in the air and 14 on the ground. Way to go, lets not be mad at the politicians they will work it out sometime.

dbrooks
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
ever listen to Michael Savage ???

I do, just for entertainment purpose, he is way way out there :D
Agreed. I listen to him for a few minutes from time-to-time. What a whacko. He is entertaining...you just have to keep it in context and consider the source.

RussM
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I didn't know that Cal Fire was a Private company.

CAL-FIRE is just the new moniker for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, formerly known as CDF. It's still a state agency.

fishfinger
10-24-2007, 05:33 PM
I posted this thread right after the press conference where those lunatics were all proud of them selfs for getting outside help. I remembered the fuss about the same **** in the cedar fire and couldn't believe it is happening again.

Now who else should we blame for this, myself???? OH yes, Sorry, I forgot to write legislation, debate it with my wife, take a vote and sign it into law.

Frankly I really don't give a dam which party the politicians belong to, they should just do the job. But wait, politician is now a professional career and if you actually make a decision and stand by it you won't be reelected and there goes the career. Therefore it is better to do nothing and blame others.

Fakt is that today, the military had 2 chopper in the air and 14 on the ground. Way to go, lets not be mad at the politicians they will work it out sometime.
It would not matter who was in charge.....the Gummit would screw it up. They always seem to do that no matter what the deal is.