PDA

View Full Version : heart-wrenching story

luistwentyone
10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
San Diego Union Tribune
Date: Thur Oct 4, 2007 16:20:47 +0000
(From San Diego, CA) - A seven-year old boy was at the center of a San Diego County courtroom drama this morning, when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the San Diego Chargers, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Techknowledgy
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Luis,
You suck. This cracked me UP! Had me all the way to the last line! Man! What a fish I am.

Mustangdan23
10-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Funny stuff. loll

Big Brother
10-05-2007, 12:22 PM
hahaha how rad

Roger
10-05-2007, 12:23 PM
My heart felt heavy after reading the first paragraph. Then after finishing the last sentence I flipped off my monitor.:D

San Diego Union Tribune
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:20:47 +0000
(From San Diego, CA) - A seven-year old boy was at the center of a San Diego County courtroom drama this morning, when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the San Diego Chargers, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

swissfish
10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
it's an old one, but still funny everytime it comes out of the dusty box.

victortrav
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
outstanding love it

Diver Dan
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Where did you get that? That was great!:D

WanaLeime
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Luis...you but hole!!!!!!! i hope the cowboys LOSE!!!!!!

pk-sd
10-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Very funny !!!! Now that we are done crying over this team. Its time to laugh (I hope not :confused: )

fishfinger
10-06-2007, 04:07 AM
San Diego Union Tribune
Date: Thur Oct 4, 2007 16:20:47 +0000

Ha ha ha......how tragic

GAD
10-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Heard it on the Mikey show during their 28hour marathon couple days ago. He used Notre Dame though...