PDA

View Full Version : BOLTS...what happened?

KT-150
09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm a die hard Charger fan till the end, but with a 1-3 start, it's time to start pointing fingers.

I give my finger to the whole damn coaching staff...after a 1/4 of the season, this does not look like the same it team it was last year. my 2 pennies.

FlipCyd
09-30-2007, 03:17 PM
We should have made Wade Phillips our head coach.

lucubrator
09-30-2007, 03:21 PM
San Diego.. super CHOKERS.

Darn those padres too.

Bogg
09-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Rivers had it bad in the 2nd half and there was no lt in the 2nd either. If Jackson would have caught that last td pass we might have had a chance. "None the less we are doing bad, did you hear the fans chanting "Marty Marty".

swissfish
09-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Hire Bill Cowher NOW!!!! Fire AJ too.

KT-150
09-30-2007, 03:27 PM
San Diego.. super CHOKERS.

Darn those padres too.

What a terrible weekend for SD sports.:mad: :(

JediReef
09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
We should have never fired a 14-2 coach.. It's better to get to the playoffs and lose then not get to the playoffs at all..

WanaLeime
09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
LT LT LT....100+ yards first half....keep it simple stupid!!!!!

If we're not 3-3 by the break.....its going to hard to make the playoffs...

SO GO AHEAD FAIR WEATHER FANS, GET OFF MY WAGON!!!!

pk-sd
09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Hire Bill Cowher NOW!!!! ....

I will drink to that. And I don't even drink.:eek:

KT-150
09-30-2007, 03:32 PM

The wagon will get lighter after today. Those that stay on aren't too happy though. My stomach hurts...

KT-150
09-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Hire Bill Cowher NOW!!!! Fire AJ too.

IF, and its a big IF they dont make the playoffs, I see Cowher or maybe a Pete Carrol on the sideline.

sill have faith, though. just too much talent on this team.

Reef Papi
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I just got back from the game and I seriously have an ill feeling in my stomach.. and its not because I had too much to drink.

The bottom line is, the Chargers didnt finish the game. Youre leading in the first half, just play smart and seal the deal for the second half. But instead we go big and try to make these rediculous passing plays with a quarterback who is known to throw at least 2-3 interceptions a game on big plays. LT barely touched the ball in the 2nd half!

That right there is a coaching problem more so than a player problem. Yes the players have to do their job too, but if the coaches are drawing up schemes that are risky then its not putting us in a good position. I think Norv and Cotrell need to go. Im pissed right now.

^ Oh and yes AJ can join them.

FishBulb
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't get it. We are up 10 to 0 in the first quarter and controlled the clock the whole time. We were averaging about 4 yrds per carry. No problem ball control = game control. Then it just gets to be this pass happy interception fest for a while. Ok, finally 4th quarter with 10 minutes left. We run on first get 4 yrds. We run on second get 4 yrds. So 3rd and 2 and we go for the bomb down field. I just don't get it.

Ok enough b*tching about the game itself cause as a long time falcon's fan I'm used to losing. What I can't stand is sitting 11 rows back at the 50 yard line and being completely overwhelmed by Chiefs fans. What the hell. I yelled, cheered, and screamed to no avail. Even while we were winning the were more Chiefs fans and the were louder. THAT IS EVEN MORE IRRITATING THAN LOSING!

Poacher
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
THEY WERE NORVACATED!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

GoTakuF1
09-30-2007, 07:05 PM
The season is over, let's fire everyone!!! Haha - gotcha. :rolleyes: They did stink it up pretty bad today but hey, it's football. **** happens. My original prediction for a 10-6 season still stands :p Did people forget the '05 season so quickly? It's hard to follow up a strong season. When the team clicks, I'll welcome all you guys back on the wagon. Look on the bright side, my fantasy team is kicking ass! :D

KT-150
09-30-2007, 07:11 PM
The season is over, let's fire everyone!!! Haha - gotcha. :rolleyes: They did stink it up pretty bad today but hey, it's football. **** happens. My original prediction for a 10-6 season still stands :p Did people forget the '05 season so quickly? It's hard to follow up a strong season. When the team clicks, I'll welcome all you guys back on the wagon. Look on the bright side, my fantasy team is kicking ass! :D

I love your optimism, Minh. But I know your stomach hurts, too. My prediction: 3-3 at the bye week, then it's a whole new season. 13-3 baby!

GoTakuF1
09-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, my therapist says this "optimism" is some kind of defense mechanism against disappointment for being a Chargers fan all these years. Haha! Seriously though, when I first saw our schedule, I knew we would have a rough season. Everyone loves you when you win and hates you when you loose. We'd be calling for Marty's head right now if he was there with all new assistant coaches.

Reef Papi
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I like the optimism too but I think youre therapist is right. I love the Chargers to death but the very fact that Chargers fans dont know what to expect from season to season is a reflection of how the team plays. Consistency and the ability to progress as a team every year is the mark of a Super Bowl caliber team and unfortunately the Chargers arent there yet. My family has been a long time fan of the Chargers throughout all the ups and downs but I disagree with the fact that being critical of a team you love makes you a bandwagoner. I dont want to be so numb that I become "norvacained". I heard that on the radio today and thought it was hilarious.

Yeah, my therapist says this "optimism" is some kind of defense mechanism against disappointment for being a Chargers fan all these years. Haha! Seriously though, when I first saw our schedule, I knew we would have a rough season. Everyone loves you when you win and hates you when you loose. We'd be calling for Marty's head right now if he was there with all new assistant coaches.

Jas0863
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
My stomach hurts...

Are suffering from cramps as well? After today, you maybe spotting as well, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoTakuF1
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Are suffering from cramps as well? After today, you maybe spotting as well, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha ouch!

GoTakuF1
09-30-2007, 08:04 PM
I like the optimism too but I think youre therapist is right. I love the Chargers to death but the very fact that Chargers fans dont know what to expect from season to season is a reflection of how the team plays. Consistency and the ability to progress as a team every year is the mark of a Super Bowl caliber team and unfortunately the Chargers arent there yet. My family has been a long time fan of the Chargers throughout all the ups and downs but I disagree with the fact that being critical of a team you love makes you a bandwagoner. I dont want to be so numb that I become "norvacained". I heard that on the radio today and thought it was hilarious.

Being critical is fine and all but throwing in the towel 4 games into the season is just being silly. Give these guys a chance to work at it. Nothing in football is predictable. Look at the Rams. Look at the Saints. Look at the Browns. The only constant in footballdom are the fans.

Crocodylus
09-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Not only did the Chargers stink in the second half, I'm now going to have to endure the ridicule and the scorn from my co-worker Raider fan that Oakland is better then the bolts!!! :mad:

KT-150
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM

lol! not that bad yet. but check back with me next sunday.

GoTakuF1
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Not only did the Chargers stink in the second half, I'm now going to have to endure the ridicule and the scorn from my co-worker Raider fan that Oakland is better then the bolts!!! :mad:

Ah don't worry bra, remind those turds that a season has 16 games. Oh and remind them that Al Davis is a douche. :D

mr240
10-02-2007, 06:30 AM

Denver and Oakland is not going to be easy games my friend. Good luck.

pk-sd
10-02-2007, 07:24 AM

Or any other game for that matter. If they keep playing like this.

swissfish
10-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Anybody willing to sell me the season tickets yet?

I might be able to afford them now.

pk-sd
10-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Anybody willing to sell me the season tickets yet?

I might be able to afford them now.

Haha so true. My 6 son wanted to go the chargers game this year, I told him there was no way to get tickets at decent price. But now there are so many people falling off the wagon, I think I might be able to take him after all.

WanaLeime
10-02-2007, 08:46 AM

Oakland - WE WILL DOMINATE, just because it's oakland..

Denver- Might be a tight one, I see the BOLTS winnig by 3

and you can take that to the bank....:eek:

I'll bet you my female Bellus Angel vs a 2" frag of everything you got in your tank!!!! ;)

~Dennis "CHARGER 4 LIFE"