PDA

View Full Version : my tanks days are numbered..

pirate2876
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
so when i lost my job a few months back i think the one who took the brunt of it was my tank.hair algae everywhere,salinity spiked,calcium reactor got clogged,nitrates,and of course one of the bulkheads started to leak.well most of that got fixed except the hair algae.now im debating whether or not to take it down or just give it time to get back to its old glory.im wondering really if i can really get everything to look like it used to.i posted in here because im not really asking any questions im just venting.anyone else have any frustrated tank stories?

Eric F
09-28-2007, 03:01 PM
This hobby is a hard one to keep afloat. Sorry to hear about your job. Good luck finding a new one.

Mr.Chewbacca
09-28-2007, 03:05 PM
its hard to keep up a 75 FOWLER on a jack inthe box paycheck lol

my 2 cents

rollinghead
09-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Who has the Sea Hare? This sounds like what it was actually intended for!

ilikualot
09-28-2007, 06:27 PM
yeah man get a sea hare you will get it back in no time. You have too nice of a tank to quit. Still have not seen it in person but thepics are great.

Yolo
09-28-2007, 07:11 PM
And I've tried my share (MIA Harry) but a very stable second is a Sea Urchin...the last one I had cleared my tank in no time, yes they eat a bit of coraline, but lets get real about it, the trade off is solid. An urchin destroys hair algae double what a sea hare does...if you do get a sea hare, get the largest one you can find.

m

Diver Dan
09-28-2007, 07:14 PM
If you get any thing get a phosphate remover! Either a ton of xenia in your fuge or a phosban reactor! It is a never ending cycle if you dont get rid of the phosphates!

Redeye
09-28-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a phos reactor and a BUNCH of xenia, a tang all in a 29g tank, and still..batteling the HA!
I know I know RODI...

Techknowledgy
09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Hang in there. Your tank is so beautiful!

Diver Dan
09-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I have a phos reactor and a BUNCH of xenia, a tang all in a 29g tank, and still..batteling the HA!
I know I know RODI...

That is your problem you probably have a ton of iron in your water! Why cant you go to a water store and get their water? That is easier in the long run rather than fighting it!