PDA

View Full Version : ...damn chargers

Noob
09-23-2007, 11:59 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: pos's damn rivers and his pick......inhale...exhale...inhale..exhale..

Big Brother
09-23-2007, 12:00 PM
grrrrr

dbrooks
09-23-2007, 12:04 PM
NORV TURNER MUST DIE!!

He is tainted Raider SCUM!

FIRE HIM NOW!!!

swissfish
09-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Fire Norv, Bring Marty Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoTakuF1
09-23-2007, 12:11 PM
LOL :D I was waiting for this thread. The season's not over yet. Let them play a few more games. Success doesn't happen over night in football.

Bogg
09-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah I think we need norv to REally get his act together. Or he's gone!!. Hopefully this will be the year though lol.

dbrooks
09-23-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL :D I was waiting for this thread. The season's not over yet. Let them play a few more games. Success doesn't happen over night in football.
We had success!! We lost two games all last season. Then that scum sucking Raider ******* became our coach! FIRE HIM NOW!

He's been handed a Super Bowl team, and he is screwing it up!

coral diver
09-23-2007, 12:47 PM
That's why i pick Greenbay in the office pool :p :D

GoTakuF1
09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
We had success!! We lost two games all last season. Then that scum sucking Raider ******* became our coach! FIRE HIM NOW!

He's been handed a Super Bowl team, and he is screwing it up!

Emphasis on "had". We also "had" success in '04 and didn't do so hot in '05. Last season's schedule was relatively weak due due 2005's lackluster performance. This year is a tougher schedule thanks to our 14-2 record and it just happens that the first half is pretty tough. I'm not making excuses for Norv but you have to put things into perspective. Blaming Norv for Rivers throwing int's or blown coverage in the secondary is the same as blaming Marty for McCree's int-fumble in the playoffs last year. You can only prepare a team so much. Your guys have to go out there and play.

Reef Papi
09-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I think Norv did his job on this game. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. But im putting most of today's loss on Rivers. If you dont have a consistent QB then you just wont win games. Thats why they are the highest paid members of the team.

Rivers made too many stupid mistakes, too many errors and overthrows. He's 100% predictable in the pocket, he stares down his target as soon as the ball snaps so theres really no spontaneity with him. He really needs work and even his teammates agree, im sure you guys saw that argument him and LT had on the sidelines.

GoTakuF1
09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
I think Norv did his job on this game. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. But im putting most of today's loss on Rivers. If you dont have a consistent QB then you just wont win games. Thats why they are the highest paid members of the team.

Rivers made too many stupid mistakes, too many errors and overthrows. He's 100% predictable in the pocket, he stares down his target as soon as the ball snaps so theres really no spontaneity with him. He really needs work and even his teammates agree, im sure you guys saw that argument him and LT had on the sidelines.

Good points. Rivers had it easy last year since teams didn't have much footage to gameplan against him. He started to slow down towards the end since teams noticed he's a damned good QB and studied his tendencies. These bumps happen and it's better that it happens early in the season so Norv can help him correct it. Even if Norv is a terrible HC, no one can say he doesn't elevate every QB he has coached as an OC. Look at my fellow Helix High alumn, Alex Smith :p

pnguy3n
09-23-2007, 12:55 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: pos's damn rivers and his pick......inhale...exhale...inhale..exhale..

Rivers had a good day. He did enough so that we could've won. The secondary killed us all game long and at the end it bit the Chargers. Some play calls were questionable and that I blame Norv Turner.

Fishaholic
09-23-2007, 12:58 PM

no ****!! ***!!!! Thhey SUCK this season!!!

GoTakuF1
09-23-2007, 12:58 PM
That's why i pick Greenbay in the office pool :p :D

Blasphemer!!! The Packers are looking good this year though. That defense is turning into a powerhouse even with all their injuries. Take me to Popeyes with your winnings! :p

KT-150
09-23-2007, 01:05 PM
today totally sucked. I would put more of the blame on our secondary as usual. Rivers threw for 300+ and 3 td's. Yeah, one MAJOR pick, but he certainly did enough to win. next 3 games will determine how good OR bad we are. We need to go into the bye at least 3-3, hopefully 4-2.

row12
09-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Rivers had a pretty good game..that last int was predictable cause they were in a passing down..this game was lost cause of our secondary..it all started with that bone head play in the first quarter by Mcree..that play pretty much elevated the play of the packers receivers..stupid play IMO on a 3rd down play where the receiver wasn't able to catch the ball in the first place..Chargers will fix the mistakes and come thru this year..they just need to win the games they should win starting this weekend at home against KC

swissfish
09-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I think we just got out-coached! If you have the ball and all you need to do is get two 1st downs don't run the ball against 7-8 guys on the line.
The other think is why are 99% of the 1st. downs running plays with no gain?

Blame the Secondary all you want, but if you let any QB in the NFL have time to drink a beer before he has to throw, then no secondayr can cover for that long. Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KT-150
09-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Blame the Secondary all you want, but if you let any QB in the NFL have time to drink a beer before he has to throw, then no secondayr can cover for that long. Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not the secondary's inability to cover, it's their STUPID mistakes, blown coverages, and poor tackling. I agree, pass rush needs to improve as well.

dbrooks
09-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I's Norv's Fault!!

F-him
F The Secondary
F Everybody!

iwantone
09-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Go for the tackle instead of trying to swat a ball or create a fumble.
Its fundamentals.

Reef Papi
09-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Did anyone see after Driver scored his 1st TD and jumped up into the stands, those two IDIOT Charger fans hugging him with huge smiles on their face?? :confused: :confused:

Thats why Charger fans are seen as bandwagoners. When Chad Johnson dove into the dog pound they poured beer on his back and smacked him around.

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/9/23/f_ChargerFansm_66a91ab.jpg

iwantone
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Give the guys a break....

How often does a white frat boy get to wrap his arms around a big black professional athlete??

Reef Papi
09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
How often does a white frat boy get to wrap his arms around a big black professional athlete??

Unless its Venus or Serena Williams then Id rather not see it on National TV.

Poacher
09-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Chargers are in last place and they have a sissy head coach who will probably take them out for ice-cream when they fly back into town...we are in deep shineola!

swissfish
09-23-2007, 03:57 PM
yep give them some time but if norv is really a veteran he should not be outcoached

mr240
09-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Did anyone see after Driver scored his 1st TD and jumped up into the stands, those two IDIOT Charger fans hugging him with huge smiles on their face?? :confused: :confused:

Thats why Charger fans are seen as bandwagoners. When Chad Johnson dove into the dog pound they poured beer on his back and smacked him around.

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/9/23/f_ChargerFansm_66a91ab.jpg
Too funny!!!
I guess everyone is starting to figure out how to beat the Chargers. Defense side of the ball take LT out of the game and take your chances on Rivers beating you. On offense, forget running the ball. Just throw the ball. Secondary will screw it up somehow. Still wondering why you guys gave Jammer the contract he got.

DaveMorris
09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't forget guys. We don't need a 14-2 season...we just need to get into the playoffs.

KT-150
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Don't forget guys. We don't need a 14-2 season...we just need to get into the playoffs.

Yeah, I feel the wagon getting lighter. At least wait until their mathematically out of the playoff race.

FlipCyd
09-23-2007, 09:22 PM
The big difference between last season and this season is we're loosing control of the line of scrimage. Last season our O-line made holes for LT to run, we had the best pass rush in the league. Football revolves around the LOS, this season we've crumbled around it. No blocking for LT and Rivers and no penetration from our linebackers.

They're the same lines from last season the difference is the play schemes. The new coaches are tinkering and tweaking with the team trying to get things right. It's only a matter of time before they figure things out and the Chargers become the same explosive team from last season.

WanaLeime
09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Are you KIDDING OLLIE!!! Jammer Had an outstanding GAME!!! 5 Knocked down passes....2 tackles for a loss and he made FARVE goto the other side....

WAYYYYYY TOOO EARLY to start doubting, I know it sucks that our beloved CHARGERs are losing...But dont give up hope....we are playing a 1st place schedule with a whole new coaching STAFF, not just a head coach....

My final statement is STAND UP FOR YOUR TEAM and have FAITH!!!!

IMO the chargers need to go back to basics and have FUN!!! they are putting too much pressure on themselves on trying to live up to EVERYONE's expectation....they to smile and have fun like last season....

~CHARGERS FOR LIFE!!!!

KT-150
09-23-2007, 09:28 PM
~CHARGERS FOR LIFE!!!!

He's financially obligated to be a charger fan(season ticket holder).:D

luistwentyone
09-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I feel the wagon getting lighter............

ROFL....................

the stores are over stocked on jerseys too, the price on them has dramatically dropped and are now 2 for 1, buy one get one free :eek:

Reef Papi
09-23-2007, 10:07 PM
we are playing a 1st place schedule with a whole new coaching STAFF, not just a head coach....

I think this is THEE most important point thats been discussed. The relationship between the coaching staff and team is strong enough that you can go from a regular season team to a Super Bowl team just from a change in coaching staff.

Think about Belichick and the Browns. They hated him so much that he's pretty much regarded as the worst Brown's coach in their history. But now that he's with the Patriots he's considered a coaching "genuis". It has a lot to do with the chemistry between the coach and his team.

With that being said I think it will take time to develop that chemistry between the players and the new staff. How hard they work from here on out will determine how soon they find that equilibrium.

GoTakuF1
09-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I feel the wagon getting lighter. At least wait until their mathematically out of the playoff race.

I'm glad! More room for us to tailgate on the Chargers War Wagon!! :D We don't need no stinkin' fairweather ***** fans! Grow a pair guys! :p

mr240
09-24-2007, 06:05 AM
He's financially obligated to be a charger fan(season ticket holder).:D
Not just a season ticket holder. But he dedicated a whole room in his house to the Chargers. :eek: :eek: :eek:

swissfish
09-24-2007, 06:59 AM
I was soooo pissed and grumpy yesterday after the game!!!!!

*** is up with running the ball every 1st down we had???? At least take some atvantage of the 8 guys on the line and go deep for once, but now norv only went deep when on 1st when it was a obvious passing play.

Then put some pressure and they QB will surrender the ball by fumble or pass at least once!

iVgOnMaD
09-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Chargers are the sh*t! Ill stick with them even if we go 1-15

09-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Tough day, but it was nice to see our passing game wake up a bit (despite the late INT). Green Bay,Chicago and NE are good teams. No excuses but we didnt get beat by some puds (combined record of 7-2).

Obviously the Chargers are not what they were last year......yet, but thats ok. Clean up the passing game, which will open up the run. Improve the pass rush and we will improve our secondary. The coaching change has affected this team more than I though it would. But I am not worried yet. It will take then 4 more games to gel. They will get dangerous when it counts. Dont jump off yet.

swissfish
09-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Well 10 and 6 should still be good enough for the play offs:)

GoTakuF1
09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Well 10 and 6 should still be good enough for the play offs:)

Keep the eyes on the prize and the hope alive guys! I'll be having a mini-meltdown next week if we don't beat KC at home though :p Seriously, it's a long season and it could've been worst, it could be Ryan Leaf right now :D

Bogg
09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
The big difference between last season and this season is we're loosing control of the line of scrimage. Last season our O-line made holes for LT to run, we had the best pass rush in the league. Football revolves around the LOS, this season we've crumbled around it. No blocking for LT and Rivers and no penetration from our linebackers.

They're the same lines from last season the difference is the play schemes. The new coaches are tinkering and tweaking with the team trying to get things right. It's only a matter of time before they figure things out and the Chargers become the same explosive team from last season.

I agree and I cant wait to see it start to happen.

FishBulb
09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
I've got my Tix for sundays game against the chiefs. Can't wait to see us turn it around. I thought Rivers had a great game. His pass completion was great and his throws were for the most part very accurate. The pick at the end sucks but that kind of sh*t always happens when you are playing from behind trying to get a winning drive. You just have to play more aggressive. I think our biggest problems on offense is getting our receivers involved and not relying on Gates so figgin much. And on defense, the secondary is going to get beatin' harder than Micheal Vick's dogs if the D-line doesn't put more pressure on the QB.
FB

Diver Dan
09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
And on defense, the secondary is going to get beatin' harder than Micheal Vick's dogs if the D-line doesn't put more pressure on the QB.
FB

:D :rolleyes:

luistwentyone
09-24-2007, 12:34 PM
driving in to work this morning, I saw this interesting site on the side of the road. it was a huge, empty wagon, I noticed lots and lots of powder blue clothing inside, as if it was at one time inhabited by masses of people......

:p

GoTakuF1
09-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Where is said wagon? I need more gear ;) I really think we have some of the most crappy fairweather fans in the leauge. Next to the Faiders and Cheatriots of course. :D

mojoreason
09-26-2007, 06:44 PM

You CRACK SMOKERS!

Marty is not missed ... Norv is a godsend. Too bad the Front Office acted too late & lost the rest of their coaching staff.

Oh wait - better not detail too much, I could get accused of being a closeted Chargers fan again.

muah ha ha ha ha!!

FIRE MARTY!!!!

mojoreason
09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm glad! More room for us to tailgate on the Chargers War Wagon!! :D We don't need no stinkin' fairweather ***** fans! Grow a pair guys! :p

I think that is the best post EVER! Honestly, that's part of the problem with San Diego .... their fans only like them when they are winning - - and if they have a bad game or two, the fair-weather fans are ready to tar & feather them!

Seriously ----- stick by your team & have some faith!

GO PADRES!!

Reef Papi
09-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Just read this article on EPSN.com about Norv and his "problem"... it all makes sense now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=3036099

You CRACK SMOKERS!

Marty is not missed ... Norv is a godsend.FIRE MARTY!!!!

Yolo
09-29-2007, 08:22 AM
below or at cost for Sunday's Game if anyone is interested...did not say where, but decent, were $75 face value each, bet I can get him down to less...

LMK

Mike

paralabrax
09-29-2007, 09:15 AM
I am interested Mike you got PM

GoTakuF1
09-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Just read this article on EPSN.com about Norv and his "problem"... it all makes sense now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=3036099

Again, not backing Norv but ESPN's "insights" are as good as everyone else's aholes, er, I mean opinions. ESPN is a joke when it comes to objective sports reporting.

JediReef
09-30-2007, 03:12 PM
I bet Marty is laughing all the way to the bank.. They shouldn't have fired him.

pk-sd
09-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I would prefer to make to play-off and loose then not make it play-offs at all.

Norv has to go !!!!!

Rivers.....you are baaaaaad this year !!!!

JediReef
09-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I would prefer to make to play-off and loose then not make it play-offs at all.

Norv has to go !!!!!

Rivers.....you are baaaaaad this year !!!!

I'll cosign on that one..

dbrooks
09-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Norv Turner is a Raider Satan!!!!!!!! Shoot him, QUICK.

Aloha Norv!!!

pk-sd
09-30-2007, 03:37 PM
3rd and 1 and we pass 20 yds down to Gates ??? I did not get that.

Reefer Addict
09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm still amazed that the team fired a 14-2 coach....

Reefer Addict
11-18-2007, 02:52 PM
... Norv is a godsend.
FIRE MARTY!!!!
At least one charger fan worships Norv....:D

Bogg
11-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Good points I heard on the radio.... Merriman is not playing like he used to w/o the juice. We keep letting there running backs run straight up the field and letting them catch all these balls. Why dont we bump them at the line instead of letting them run. Were playing bend dont break. Turners not being played as needed. I dont know what the hell is going on w/rivers I dunno if he needs to come out of the closet or what be he's terrible, he should be improving this year not declining. I cant believe he went to the pro bowl. Chargers are overrated were not as good as we thought we were. This team is what it is.

GoTakuF1
11-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Haha, I think a lot of you guys put last year's team on a pedestal and that's why you're heartbrokened. The '04 and '06 teams looked AWESOME because they played very weak schedules. Second, Merriman failed ONE test BEFORE the season, not during the season. So he was NOT on the juice while recording those sacks last season. Third, Wade Phillips and Ted Cottrell (I hate this dude, BTW) run two very different defensive schemes. Wade is very blitz happy whereas Cottrell uses his OLBs to drop back into coverage. Why are we so soft in the middle? Because we lost our two MLBs from last year and we have two new starting MLBs. BTW, people on the radio/TV are idiots!