PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

REEFER
10-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Found these on the glass of my refugium. Can these be flatworms? Does anyone know what they might be? Are they harmful?:confused:

[G]h0s']['
10-21-2004, 10:40 PM
really cant tell with that picture. do you or a friend have a digi cam?

REEFER
10-21-2004, 11:08 PM
the little white spots, do flat worms more quick, they do. i will try to take another picture. the main system shows no signs of them, only the refugium.

SDRotary
10-21-2004, 11:27 PM
do they open their "mouth" and move foward? I have something in my fuge that looks like than and moves around and it seems to do no harm.

REEFER
10-22-2004, 12:14 AM
:confused:

[G]h0s']['
10-22-2004, 02:00 AM
http://www.melevsreef.com/flatworms.html

check out the above link. the ones in your picture appear to be a type of flatworm that i've had in the past. those were harmless. in the link above you will see how to kill the bad flatworms as well as a picture of a harmless flatworm that might be the same one you have. if it's that type that opens and closes a memebrane at the head of its body, then i think you'll be ok. i've had those a looong time w/out any problems. the other planaria (flatworms) that are about 1millimeter across and kinda shaped as an irregular rectangle whose color vary from black/darkbrow/rust color...those are the bad ones that kill your tank via their toxins as they die. good luck to you. -Mel