PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hip Hurray !!!!

luistwentyone
09-11-2007, 08:16 PM
:)

Updated: 4:34 p.m. PT Sept 11, 2007
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Kevin Everett voluntarily moved his arms and legs on Tuesday when partially awakened, prompting a neurosurgeon to say the Buffalo Bills’ tight end would walk again — contrary to the grim prognosis given a day before.

“Based on our experience, the fact that he’s moving so well, so early after such a catastrophic injury means he will walk again,” said Dr. Barth Green, chairman of the department of neurological surgery at the University of Miami school of medicine.

Techknowledgy
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Cool. What a horrible thing to happen to this poor guy so early in his life! I pray he fully recovers.

CruiseX
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah no kidding. The whole research behind what they did to help save him is something that should be researched and carried out more. Basically inducing hypothermia right after the injury - who woulda thought.

fishfinger
09-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I too hope he has a good and full recovery....man that's scary thing to see happen to such a big strong guy. Just like that and bang.....

Techknowledgy
09-12-2007, 07:12 AM
"Just like that and bang..." could happen to any one of us. Enjoy today, consider yourself lucky. It would be an amazing story if he plays again, or even if he walks!

Vayder1
09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm actually a spinal injury survivor. I had a burst fracture in my spine (snowboarding over a 60' gap). Anyway pretty scary when you can't feel your legs, and a bunch of interns tell you "you only have a small fracture" and I'm like then why can't I feel my legs!!!! Anyway I had the same surgery, the Dr. pulled out broken vertebrae out of my spinal cord, pulled out 2 discs, took out a rib and crushed it up and put it back where the discs where, took a piece of a cadavers thigh bone and put it in place of my blown up vertebrae, and last put the metal plate going horizontal with 2 screws in each vertebrae above and below it. I was praying for this guy he would recover, that feeling of your life changing like that isn't fun.

Techknowledgy
09-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Man! You really ARE Vader! Way to go man!