PDA

View Full Version : Rant

rudy
09-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Flakes!!!
They say they'll buy, tell you they're coming.
And that's the last you hear from them.
You Suck.

rudy
09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Yea, a simple sorry I changed my mind would have been cool.
But drag on for six days is rude.

SDguy
09-04-2007, 09:39 AM
OMG, 6 days!? That blows.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
that is pretty bad

i beleive i was the only person SDguy ever flaked on... haha, and i think it was for something insignificant like chaeto haha

SDguy
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Actually you are one of two. I flaked on Therapy this weekend for one day because I didn't have his number in my phone. Saw him the next day though :D And I was bringing him corals to hold....

M. Parkis
09-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Happens all the time.. Just part of selling.

brahm
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
I donnu out of all the ORA orders I've done over the past years I've never had somebody flake out on me until this last order, let alone multiple people. It really put a damper on the whole thing, and I ended up having to spend few hundred dollars out of my own pockets to cover the order. It's going to change how I do the orders from now on. If I continue to do them.

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 10:59 AM
If you say you are going to do something, do it. I see people jumping on stuff INSTANTLY all the time. Talking Reef has a system for giving people credibility. Maybe we should try something like this.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
thats been brought up countless times, the population here is split for it or against it

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Do a poll. Find out if the split is real or imaginary.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:29 AM
no need

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22286&highlight=ebay

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27282&highlight=ebay

never heard of something like that being imaginary

rudy
09-04-2007, 11:31 AM
I donnu out of all the ORA orders I've done over the past years I've never had somebody flake out on me until this last order, let alone multiple people. It really put a damper on the whole thing, and I ended up having to spend few hundred dollars out of my own pockets to cover the order. It's going to change how I do the orders from now on. If I continue to do them.

We could be losing a good deal because of flakes, and I wouldn't blame him or anyone for not wanting to put together group orders that would save us lots of money.

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Yup. The issue was not really resolved, and Rudy's post just brings it back up again. We need deals like what brahm offers.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:37 AM
yeah but look at the maturity of (some) of sdreefs members. it would just turn out like every one of the political "debates".

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 11:39 AM
This is true, some of them are too cheap to even be real members.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:41 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

make a personal stab out of a discussion about a rating system, way to demonstrate maturity and set an example.

it has nothing to do with being cheap. i know this is a little complex for some but it is deeper than that.

pk-sd
09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I hate flakes. There has to be a way to penalize this behaviour. I have made a list of all the people that have flaked on me. They will never get any corals or advise from me.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:52 AM
way to get this thread back on topic.

maybe we should make a list with the number of times each person has flaked?

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 11:58 AM
yeah but look at the maturity of (some) of sdreefs members. it would just turn out like every one of the political "debates".

Dude,
You did it first. What is so complex about paying to be a member? I feel that I waited too long myself, but now that I see the value of it, I think it is fair that I am a real member. It may not be like "the political debates." We may find a good resolution to the problem. We may find a system where people don't end up sitting and waiting for someone to show up that never does. I think we should set up Paypal accounts so that if you flake you are out the money, or make the transaction FCFS.... not my favorite. Stop with the personal attacks man, what is the solution to the problem? Glad your crystal ball works so well and you know how it will turn out. Mine is broken.

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I think we should make that public. Like your credit rating! Share please!!!

I hate flakes. There has to be a way to penalize this behaviour. I have made a list of all the people that have flaked on me. They will never get any corals or advise from me.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Dude,
You did it first. What is so complex about paying to be a member? I feel that I waited too long myself, but now that I see the value of it, I think it is fair that I am a real member. ... Stop with the personal attacks man, what is the solution to the problem? Glad your crystal ball works so well and you know how it will turn out. Mine is broken.

uhh i dont see where i did it first but ok...

value? so for $33 you get a forum so you can talk to other premium members? now thats value.

this thread was back on track but i guess i could have counted on you to pull it right back off

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Solution. Only do business with premium members. They have some skin in the game.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 12:11 PM
HAHAHA thats such a shallow solution. there are plenty of non-premium members with credability.

gotta love the separatist stance...

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Done talking with fools.

pk-sd
09-04-2007, 12:15 PM
uhh i dont see where i did it first but ok...

value? so for $33 you get a forum so you can talk to other premium members? now thats value.

this thread was back on track but i guess i could have counted on you to pull it right back off

I use my Premium Membership to keep track of all the flakes. With 750 messages in my inbox, I have a record and a proof of everyone that has flaked on me.

I think membership is well worth it. I just wish some of the money could be used to upgrade this site and add a rating system.

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Makes a LOT of sense to me. A full inbox finaly drove me to pony up.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Done talking with fools.

Great way to avoid an intelligent answer.

I use my Premium Membership to keep track of all the flakes. With 750 messages in my inbox, I have a record and a proof of everyone that has flaked on me.

I think membership is well worth it. I just wish some of the money could be used to upgrade this site and add a rating system.

For sure, a domain name costs $10 a year, and hosting costs about $100 a year. thats $110 a year, so 4 premium members more than covers upkeep cost. the rest of the money goes straight to pocket, it could be used to add so much more to the site.

acbaldwin
09-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree with a poll, it would be a good way to judge members' want for a rating system.
I 100% disagree with you on the premium/regular issue, Roland. :)

I don't think going premium is about the perks or big inbox or any of that. It's all about supporting a valuable community resource.

And yeah, I'm cheap. Take a look at my tank ;) :D

pk-sd
09-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Great way to avoid an intelligent answer.

For sure, a domain name costs $10 a year, and hosting costs about $100 a year. thats $110 a year, so 4 premium members more than covers upkeep cost. the rest of the money goes straight to pocket, it could be used to add so much more to the site.

I personally pay for things (a) If it adds value to my life? (2) Can I afford it? In my case it true on both questions.

I also do not mind Moore making some extra money for his pocket as long as he is also listening to the people that are making his pocket a bit bigger.

One more reason to be premium; people can't talk behind your back.;) "nudge nudge wink wink"

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 01:36 PM
haha yeah i know hes doing it, i dont really care but thanks for the tip :)

pk-sd
09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Now can we get back to smashing flakes ???

For the record have not had any of the Premiums flake out on me yet.

GINA6ONE9
09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
wow rudy, does this happen to you alot? didn't it happen a few months back? this sux. hope you sell whatever you were selling.. oh yeah have you set up that 135 yet? and how are the red shrooms doing? i like how your topic went off track, what's wrong with not being a premium member? honestly, without you all attacking me... some of us are not on sdreefs 24/7. this used to be a fun site to come to and ask advise and meet cool people with awesome deals on corals, but now it seems to be a place for everyone to attack and flame eachother, sometimes people like that make me wanna quit the hobby, you don't make it fun and enjoyable no more.... just my 2 cents.... attack away, cause i know your gonna.... gina

WanaLeime
09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Where is Mr. Moore? the last time I talk to that guy, I was a premium member and he talked about seting up a "come back tank"....after we ate some burriots at Santanas...

Callin Mr. Moore!!! Mr. moving avatar that looks like a rubics cube....Whats your 2cents on this topic....

I personally would like to see a rating system and IM feature....=)

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Not everyone does that Gina. Good to hear from you!

GINA6ONE9
09-04-2007, 01:59 PM
thx, been away awhile... school and working full time with the 2 kids is HELL! i never see my tank, but when i do, i miss coming here and being able to look around, without seeing someone attacking someone else, so i stopped coming....

Not everyone does that Gina. Good to hear from you!

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Being a mom is a full time job itself. It doesn't always happen...... but you don't have to be an adult to post here. That seems to be an issue. My bad for argueing with a kid.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Not everyone does that Gina

oh, the irony!

EDIT: what exactly do you mean by adult? (dont act like that wasnt a stab, again). by both maturity (the same as you if not more as you have proved time and time again) and by the law i am an adult. not just throwing random silly insults out again are we?

i have nothing against moore, but i think we should upgrade kamil to admin so he can perform some much needed work on the site, such as what members have suggested time and time again. we just need someone who can put in some time