PDA

View Full Version : Rant

Jessy
09-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I have to fly to Miami at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow for work. I hate the Miami office. I hate going to Florida because it is so darn far away. I looked up fish stores in Doral, Fl and there seem to be none for me to check out. And I just basically don't want to go. So I am in a bad mood and I wanted some people to commisurate with me. Keep me happy in Miami with well wishes and jokes for me to read here in your free time :D.

DaveMorris
09-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I have to fly to Barcelona, Spain at 8am in the morning. Not quite butt crack early, but bad enough. All for a one and a half hour meeting on the 6th. Gotta love the job! I feel for you Jess...Sometimes I hate all of the travel, as well as hate Miami when I have to go there. Have a safe flight.

Jessy
09-04-2007, 05:13 AM
wow barcelona? I've got to go there in Feb for work and in May on a cruise vacation. Let me know how you like it...give me all the ins and outs when you get back.

WanaLeime
09-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Man, you guys are lucky!!! you get to travel!!!

Florida- Only been there on a "lay over"....

Spain- I hear the people there are very "friendliy" kiss on the cheek upon introduction....*wink, wink*

I hope you guys find some time to "SEE the sites" while your out there, you can always mix a bit pleasure w/ some business.....ENJOY!

SDguy
09-04-2007, 06:43 AM
I LOVED Barcelona!!! You're lucky Dave!

acbaldwin
09-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Well here's a joke to make your day better...

Did you hear about the amputee who didn't have health insurance?

...wait for it...

He had to pay an arm and a leg!

*BA DA BING!*

barometer
09-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Cheer up Jessy, your trip will end up being better than you anticipated.
Barcelona on the other hand you can count on being cool. It's one of my favorite cities, you're gonna love it (except for the flight). :)

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I travel all the time. It seems glamorous, but it isn't. Restaurants, and hotels all seem the same wherever you are...... but you can always find a Starbucks on every corner.

WanaLeime
09-04-2007, 07:47 AM
I travel all the time. It seems glamorous, but it isn't. Restaurants, and hotels all seem the same wherever you are...... but you can always find a Starbucks on every corner.

That is sooo true; DUBAI, Singapore, even Hong Kong....STARBUCKS, STARBUCKS, STARBUCKS....Must be a great company to invest in....

rudy
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I have to fly to Miami at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow for work. I hate the Miami office. I hate going to Florida because it is so darn far away. I looked up fish stores in Doral, Fl and there seem to be none for me to check out. And I just basically don't want to go. So I am in a bad mood and I wanted some people to commisurate with me. Keep me happy in Miami with well wishes and jokes for me to read here in your free time :D.
Wish I was going to Florida.
Get some rics while you're there:D

JediReef
09-04-2007, 04:16 PM

I have to fly to Barcelona, Spain at 8am in the morning. Not quite butt crack early, but bad enough. All for a one and a half hour meeting on the 6th. Gotta love the job! I feel for you Jess...Sometimes I hate all of the travel, as well as hate Miami when I have to go there. Have a safe flight.

Well it could be worse.. You could be flying to Iraq or Afghanistan.. :o

Jessy
09-05-2007, 07:17 PM
OH I KNEW THIS TRIP WAS GOING TO SUCK. I got a freakin speeding ticket today. $226!!!!! I SWEAR I"M NEVER WALKING INTO THIS STATE AGAIN

Techknowledgy
09-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Well..... there goes half of the Skimmer profits! Easy come easy go! Sorry Jess! How fast were you going?

DaveMorris
09-06-2007, 03:30 AM
Well...I'm not impressed with Barcelona. I liked Italy better. The people are very nice, the food is just OK, and the Barcelona Aquarium sucks. Not one tank with live coral in it. Tonight after my meeting we are going out to see the Barcelona nightlife. Maybe I'll have a better opinion after tonight. And of course I have 15 hours of flying to look forward to.

mmoore0803
09-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Hang in there Dave....how's the food and Siesta?

RussM
09-06-2007, 06:26 AM

Same here - I travel constantly (I'm sitting in a hotel in Valencia [CA, not Spain:D])

The charm of travel wore off many years ago... been doing consulting work for 14 years, mostly in the eastern half of the country. Flying to/from NYC or Atlanta or wherever is just another routine commute anymore. Thankfully, no international travel for me though.

I think I might start a Lounge thread for us road warriors to share horror stories!

Techknowledgy
09-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Great Russ,
I have some roadwarrior travel horrors to share! I once did a SD to Chicago trip just for an hour long lunch, back the same day. Yikes. Everyoine is amazed, to me NBD.

DaveMorris
09-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Okay...Barcelona is pretty cool when you get to the right areas. The Aquarium still sucks, though.

Here is my list so far:

Barcelona
Berlin
Beijing (twice)
The Bahamas (twice)
Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa
Puerto Rico
Cabo San Lucas
Toronto
London
Delhi (end of October)
Just about every major city in the US (and a few minor ones)

All on someone else's dime. I don't mind the travel too much, but it sucks when you get to go to a cool city and don't have any time to see anything outside of the ballroom in the hotel.

acbaldwin
09-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Okay...Barcelona is pretty cool when you get to the right areas. The Aquarium still sucks, though.

I've found it funny that the non-English speaking crew members from Indonesia, China, and others still say "check one two" rather than something in their own language.:confused:

I don't get to travel much at all, my tech center never moves.:( :rolleyes: