PDA

View Full Version : To anybody who care about their health.

Bogg
09-02-2007, 01:24 PM
:eek:

http://www.thefutureoffood.com/trailer.htm

Nick_Kun
09-02-2007, 02:45 PM
wow, gotta get the video.

reefmedic
09-03-2007, 08:42 AM
That is kinda scary!! Dont know if I really want to know????

JoeJ
09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh, please.. . .. if you knew the chemical ingredients of your morning coffee, you'd probably stop drinking it. Plants have so many genes and protein products that a single recombinant protein product will probably go unnoticed in your digestive tract. I'd prefer a mutant protein over some DTT anytime.
This is the updated Frankenstein movie to get people stirred up. We already have Frankenstein people among us (organ transplants). "FFFRRRIIIEEEENNNNDDD"!!

reefmedic
09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
What is DTT??

JoeJ
09-03-2007, 11:10 AM
DTT is Dithiothreitol, of course...hehe.

I meant DDT, the old, old pesticide.

Mr.Chewbacca
09-03-2007, 11:29 AM
i downloaded the movie :D
its very interesting but also very boring

MichaelRyanSD
09-03-2007, 11:49 AM
its a just a movie to make money...if they made a documentary about how our food is great...no one would really care..nor watch it....

But if they make a movie about the government is putting chemicals in our food to control us...blah blah blah...then people will be intrigued..

IMO...typical liberal propaganda

MichaelRyanSD
09-03-2007, 11:52 AM
heres a documentary worth watching

http://speedandangels.com/

Diver Dan
09-03-2007, 12:01 PM

Typical right wing propaganda.:D

Everyone does not have to have the same views as you.:eek: It is ok to question things.:cool:

But the preview to the food documentary was kind of lame:D :rolleyes:

MichaelRyanSD
09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Wha!!!!...did you even watch the trailer to that documentary

it got me so wet I damn near slid off my chair

Techknowledgy
09-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Question Authority. I just wish we did a LOT more of it. It is neither liberal nor conservative, it is the American way, since Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.

Bogg
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
I being a Dad found it kind of scary, I would hate to think that my lil monsters could be having health problems due to gm and I have no idea what is causing it etc. I think it has a lot to do with the company controlling the seeds caring less about health and all about $$. I wonder if they eat their own product?.

Techknowledgy
09-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Lets make fewer of these expensive toys and build a few more schools, or repair a levy or two.

MichaelRyanSD
09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Lets make fewer of these expensive toys and build a few more schools, or repair a levy or two.

Toys...hah....tell you what..sell all your SW aquarium stuff, which is more of a toy then those jets...donate the money to a school...then we can talk

reefmedic
09-03-2007, 11:48 PM
OOOOHHHH BOY here we go...... This is where the thread goes nasty!!

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Trust me Mike, my SW stuff is not paid for from tax money.

MichaelRyanSD
09-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Trust me Mike, my SW stuff is not paid for from tax money.

Yeah, but your freedom and the people who defend it are...

If you want more public schools..and all the care bear amenities...then raise taxes...because whether you believe it or not...we are one of the least..if not lowest taxed citizens in first world countries, but don't gripe about our military and the tools they use to make it so the public schools we do have are safe from all enemies foreign and domestic

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, but your freedom and the people who defend it are...

If you want more public schools..and all the care bear amenities...then raise taxes...because whether you believe it or not...we are one of the least..if not lowest taxed citizens in first world countries, but don't gripe about our military and the tools they use to make it so the public schools we do have are safe from all enemies foreign and domestic

So are the people who teach at the public schools that you went to. The cost of civilization is taxation. They are not "care bear amenities" Mike. I work with schools all ver the country that are falling apart because they are so underfunded. The ceiling at my wife's school is falling down, and they can't fix it because they are using most of their money to buy "amenities" like paper, and books. California, with an economy larger than Germany, ranks 37th out of 50 in what they give to our schools to teach our kids. ( Guess this doesn't matter, you don't have kids either do you.) Perhaps by the time you do, it willl be too late.) DO NOT preach to me about taxes, you are a student, and pay little if any. You are a renter, so you pay NO property taxes, which is where the lions share of the money comes from for our schools. The issue is I do not mind paying taxes, but think it is a little over the top when the budget for the military bloats by leaps and bounds, while Bush's stupid No Child Left Behind Law has NEVER been funded at more than 60% of what it needs (and was promised) to succeed, and 2 years out from Katrina much of it still looks like a disaster area.

You want a cool new jet fighter? Do what my wife's kids have to do to get more of what they want at school, have a bake sale or a carwash. You seem to be pretty good at holding up signs. The military should do what the schools are asked to do, more with less.

You really swallowed the kool-aid on this one. Sure.... those pesky terrorists are going to follow us home. 911 had nothing to do with Iraq, 15 of them were Saudis. and we just sold them ...the Saidis....( a monarchy-NOT a democracy-imagine that) 30 billion dollars in weapons. Gotta love it.

"Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose. Because this need is so sharp and apparent I confess that I lay down my official responsibilities in this field with a definite sense of disappointment. As one who has witnessed the horror and the lingering sadness of war -- as one who knows that another war could utterly destroy this civilization which has been so slowly and painfully built over thousands of years -- I wish I could say tonight that a lasting peace is in sight. "

Dwight Eisenhower (http://coursesa.matrix.msu.edu/~hst306/documents/indust.html)

We win hearts and minds and peace with words, not bombs.
....at least that is what Jesus would do.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:11 AM
HAHA i was wondering when techknowledgy would get into it again, its been a month or two at least, a new record...

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 11:21 AM
BB.... same as always.... sits and snipes..... all negative........ typical. Don't want to have a conversation, don't read. Bring anything productive to the table, I would be impressed. It is called freedom of speech. When are you going to become a Premium Member anyway? It MIGHT add to the credibility.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:25 AM
haha right back at you.

HAHA are you seriously suggesting that me paying 20 something dollars would add to my credibility? wow...

last time i checked this isnt your forum, this isnt a controversial thread, take your overaggressive "debates" elsewhere.

Techknowledgy
09-04-2007, 11:32 AM
You are right. It is Boggs. He cares about his kids health. It is $33.00. Not twenty something.

You didn't read the controversy involved here? Must be over your head.
(Childrens health= silly liberal crap.)
(Jet fighters= cool.)

And if you think I am going to be shut up by you, it simply is not going to happen. I know it is hard for you to comprehend that people can just have LIVELY discussion without going directly to the F&(* Off stage.

Big Brother
09-04-2007, 11:39 AM
oh im sorry i got the amount wrong.

you can twist whats being said to make it look like a "discussion". bravo.

and i must be blind, because i cant find where i told you to shut up. i can find where i told you to take it to a thread dedicated for your bickering, but thats completly different.

really? cause i have yet to see you demonstrate...