PDA

View Full Version : people moving out of state

CNCreefer
09-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I noticed a few people here who are moving out of state.
Any reason? High cost of housing? Greedy landlords? What's the deal??? I know that it's getting harder and harder to find a place to live due to the landlords wanting exorbitant deposits and other things like wanting to inspect your apt. once a month, etc...
My landlord decided that we have lived in this apt. long enough and wants us out so he can move a buddy of his in.
Pretty rotten if you ask me. I might be the next one to leave the state...

Redeye
09-02-2007, 09:37 AM
My landlord is chill, rent is abit high, but never been bothered by the managment at all, quick to fix stuff too

it's the murders every other week that bother me:)

BigAir
09-02-2007, 11:02 AM
it's the murders every other week that bother me:)

That's called population control my friend.:D Which apartments do you live in?

Redeye
09-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Think it's called Costa Linda or something like that
Right off Linda vista rd

mojoreason
09-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I'll tell you - ever since my wife and I sold our house ... we've been plagued by renting from people who simply can't afford to own a rental home. I've practically become a gypsy (but I can break down & move a reef tank with the greatest of ease now).

This is the third home we've been in since selling our house a little over three years ago ... and while this landlord said, "I wouldn't even consider selling this house for at least five years. The market just isn't good for selling" - it leaves me a bit perplexed at why he called us last month to see if we'd make an offer on his house because he's just "not making it anymore." I still have nine months left on my lease and could be looking for another damn place before that's up.

But the worst scam that's out there is the rental application fees. My wife and I paid well over $250 in fees before we got into this house. Each of the other places would just take your $50 processing fee ($25 per person over 18) and then stack you and the rest of the applicants up and select those with the highest credit rating.

Our credit is not in the crapper but each time they'd take our money and tell us sorry we selected someone else.

Plus, the cost of living here is exhorbitant. I spent the summer in Santa Barbara and while property seemed more expensive, the cost of living is lower. Your pay is higher and gas prices are cheaper - - but the residents there still complain about having some of the highest prices in the state. Uh, yeah - sure okay Gauchos.

The job market is also a little rough here too. Unless you want a $15/hr job - but then again, don't be over-qualified or they won't hire you.

WanaLeime
09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
My landlord decided that we have lived in this apt. long enough and wants us out so he can move a buddy of his in.

There has to be a LAW being broken there, that just not right!!!! :(

It's people like your current landlord is what gives us San Diegians a bad REP.

Techknowledgy
09-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Dudes,
I AM A LANDLORD. I am NOT Scrooge, and do not visit the place (in Riversdie County) all the time. The guy and his wife and kids living in MY HOUSE paid a paltry 50.00 to run a credit check on them. They are good people, but CONSISTENTLY pay rent 5-10 days late. My bank has heartburn with this because my mortgage on the place is STILL due on the same day. If anything breaks, I either fix it right away, or let my tenent fix and deduct. The rent pays the mortgage. No more, no less. It does not pay the property taxes, ($1,200.00 a year, or the insurance $1,000.00 a year. Not all of us are money grubbing types. Honest. It is an investment that we hope to capitolize on when we retire. If you hate paying rent, or dealing with landlords, buy a house.

OBTW. A deadbeat renter I had STILL owes me $2,500.00 from a judgement I got from the court in January. It cost me $1,500.00 to toss her and her husband out. They drive a brand new Escalade.

There are landlords who are jerks, but you know what, if you are an excellent tenent, landlords, on the whole are pretty cool too.

The landlord does not owe you anything not in your agreements. It is not charity. It is a business. Welcome to American capitolism. Know your rights, be prepared to exercise them and you WILL NOT get burned.

Mr.Chewbacca
09-03-2007, 03:03 PM
nicely said old chap
:D

fishfinger
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I noticed a few people here who are moving out of state.
Any reason? High cost of housing? Greedy landlords? What's the deal??? I know that it's getting harder and harder to find a place to live due to the landlords wanting exorbitant deposits and other things like wanting to inspect your apt. once a month, etc...
People moved out in droves about 15 years ago, the price of a Haul truck at the time was through the roof if you were leaving. . More moved back. now they are s=leaving again. They will return. The earth turns round and round and round again.......nothing get all worked up about. Don't be a chicken little.

Techknowledgy
09-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Good call Fish. God will not be making any more land any time soon. The delio here is that it all runs in cycles. My wife and I were shopping the other day and went through Macy's Womens. The 60s are back! The pendulum swings!