PDA

View Full Version : i need cheap computer help

pirate2876
08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
well for the past few months my computer has been getting slower and slower and now i will no longer play bf2142 and takes about 10mintues to load between scenes of HL2.i need someone who knows how to fix problems like these for a reasonable price(keep in mind i just got employed).i dont really feel like paying $100 bucks just for circuit city to look at it,not even fix it.who would have thought pr0n would do this to my computer...

SolRo
08-29-2007, 12:02 AM
who would have thought pr0n would do this to my computer...

Everyone :)

How much were you looking to spend? I'm very good at debuging, cleaning, and generaly speeding up computer performance.

afitzwater
08-29-2007, 02:53 AM
I have my associates degree in network technology, used to manage a computer network, if you bring it to me ill do it for a frag :)

KingRB
08-29-2007, 06:21 AM
If you think it was Pron that if F'in up your PC. You need to get some software to clean your machine. Do to the fact that you have adware and spyware is on your PC.
No upgrade i.e. faster processor, more memory, or better video card is going to fix this problem.
To prevent this problem one should have a popup blocker and firewall software loaded on your PC.

If you have all your software for your computer, you should save what you need and just reload the computer.

malachai629
08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
If you think it was Pron that if F'in up your PC. You need to get some software to clean your machine. Do to the fact that you have adware and spyware is on your PC.
No upgrade i.e. faster processor, more memory, or better video card is going to fix this problem.
To prevent this problem one should have a popup blocker and firewall software loaded on your PC.

If you have all your software for your computer, you should save what you need and just reload the computer.

He's right. Spend you $ on Adaware or something - I'm sure someone here can recommend one or two that will work. Norton Antivirus, etc. Then you can run it every time you have this problem. It's like buying your own techie. That way you won't need to pay someone to come cleanit out every time, your program will do it. It isn't that hard - I'm tech Incompetent and I can do it so I'm sure you can handle it too

acbaldwin
08-29-2007, 07:58 AM
avast antivirus home edition is free AND awesome.
very non-invasive (*cough*Nortonanitvirus*cough*), uses little resources (at least on my pc :D), and pretty thorough.

Trickman2
08-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Easy Spyware removal
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/SpywareBlaster/1056258294/1

Defrag your Hard drive too.
http://lifehacker.com/software/featured-windows-download/defrag-your-hard-drive-with-jkdefrag-gui-284680.php

luistwentyone
08-29-2007, 07:21 PM
well for the past few months my computer has been getting slower and slower and now i will no longer play bf2142 and takes about 10mintues to load between scenes of HL2.i need someone who knows how to fix problems like these for a reasonable price(keep in mind i just got employed).i dont really feel like paying $100 bucks just for circuit city to look at it,not even fix it.who would have thought pr0n would do this to my computer...

1. change the startup, remove everything from starting up. heres how: start, run, type msconfig, click ok. click on startup, remove checks for everything. restart PC

2. delete all temp files and temp internet files, delete all cookies. empty recycle bin

3. defrag

go to www.download.com and download "Ad-Aware 2007" and run a scan

send me PM if you need help

Trickman2
08-29-2007, 07:35 PM
One more
This Program will do a lot of good for spyware. Easy to use too
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Hitman_Pro/1124420365/1