PDA

View Full Version : man vs. grizzly bear

mazilla
08-27-2007, 10:33 AM
http://outdoornewsdaily.com/index.php/archives/546

Man Kills Grizzly Bear With Knife
August 26, 2007 By: NewsEngine Category: Wild Animal News

Chris McLellan, 32, said “I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time,” while speaking from a hospital bed in Edmonton.

McLellan, had recently moved from Nova Scotia to Alberta three days earlier and was scouting locations for the start of bow-hunting season south of Grande Prairie when the grizzly bear attacked.

Just after sunset, he ran into a mother grizzly with three cubs. At first, the bear was concealed by a small hill and McLellan didn’t see it until it stood up.

“She was attacking,” he said. “She just stared into my eyes the whole time and you could just hear her coming, huffing and puffing across that field.”

McLellan, armed with a digital camera and hunting knife, quickly grabbed the camera, hoping its flash would scare away the grizzly. When the flash wouldn’t go off, he dropped the camera and pulled out the hunting knife.

“I put my knife above my head and waited for her to hit me,” he said. “She just mowed into me like a football player doing the old shoulder check.”

The bear lunged into McLellan’s stomach and bit down on his left arm. As the two struggled, McLellan plunged his knife into the bear’s back.

“I sunk the knife right to the end and instantly I could still see the blood spraying,” he said. “I must have hit an artery because I was covered head to toe with warmth instantly.”

As the bear continued to bite McLellan he was able to stab the bear two more times in the neck area.

The grizzly turned around and left, giving McLellan time to get up and walk away. After an investigation of the scene it became evident that McLellan had indeed struck an artery in the bear which died of consequential wounds.

davocean
08-27-2007, 11:25 AM
That is one BADA$$ and lucky dude!
If a grizzly was after me I think the only thing I would have thrown was mudd!LOL

Big Brother
08-27-2007, 11:34 AM
have that boy stuffed and put in your living room, one hell of a conversation piece

swissfish
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
He used a knife, I would have killed him with my bare hands :D