PDA

View Full Version : The reefs in Jamaica were crazy

Redeye
08-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Saw tons of stuff, HUGE brains, and what looked like pocllipora colonies, HUGE encrusting monti colonies, some zoas, sea fans the size of my couch, monster gorgs, Fire coral cities, tons and tons of great tangs, chromis, damsels, psuedocromies, porky puffers, rays, octopus, more and more and more. Only took the underwater camera snorkeling, so I'll see if any of those smaller coral pics come out next week

Good times

abit of damage from the hurricane though, I was down there flipping over corals and aquascaping abit, could'nt help:)

acbaldwin
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I guess I know where I'm going for my next vacation :). Hope you had/are still having a kickass time - I'm over here doing some event work for a couple that just got married. *yawn*

Redeye
08-25-2007, 09:27 PM
I went on a 40ft max dive and a 65ft max dive, both were crazy, then I snorkeled around the "swimming lagoon" and took pics of some brains and urchins, and squirrel fish and whatnot

Jas0863
08-25-2007, 09:36 PM
So you were in my neck of the woods, the Caribbean. Now you got a glimpse of my vision, lol....

rollinghead
08-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Cool man! Before I got into reef, I went to the Bahamas snorkeling. my friend pointed at a nurse shark and I almost drown getting back to the boat! hehehe :D

row12
08-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah the Carribean is awesome..I've had a chance to go scuba in the bahamas but wasnt able to go when I was in Jamaica. How was that jerk chicken :)? Oh and where in Jamaica did you stay?

Redeye
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Sandals, Ocho Rios, north coast
was my honeymoon, so went all inclusive, instead of backpacking like my lady and I usally do

vinny73
08-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I've never had the chance to do something like that before! You are the 2nd person we have heard that the sandals resort was well worth it. I can't wait to see in person magnificent specimels of what I like to keep! You are all so lucky who have been! I hope this is the beginning of many years of memories that are just as breathtaking! Congradulations!

row12
08-25-2007, 11:15 PM
yeah Ocho Rio's waterfall is pretty sick

Redeye
08-26-2007, 07:07 AM
everyone said that, but we did'nt want to do anything but drink ALOT and be lazy, the falls sounded cool, but the expense and time it would take was'nt worth it
The food was AMAZING, awsome service, was treated like family, and it was ALL INCLUSIVE, so as many dives, dinners, drinks, hobby cat usage, and numerous other things

Gonna be hard to remember to pay my bar tab now...